It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California wants Midwest Water

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2022 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Heck NO, Double Heck NO!!

Here’s what they want to do

We could fill Lake Powell in less than a year with an aqueduct from Mississippi River

Here’s the reaction when the Midwest tells them to POUND SAND!
Here

If Midwest doesn't want to share water, fine. But don't ask us for help with your problems

Guys, it’s about to get nuts. When they want to take their straw and drink our milkshake!
We know what happened in California. They sold their soul to Nestle. They told their people straws were polluting while the rich, famous and politicians ride their jets like taxis.

They will not, and cannot have our water. If they have our water we might as well live in California.
Btw this isn’t just about the Mississippi, they want some of the Great Lakes too. It’s not going to stop here. I mentioned in another thread that a world psychic had mentioned years ago that the Great Lakes was the only safe place to live in the US, I fear that is coming true.

PS. That silly threat from the letter the person wrote, if the Midwest needs California they won’t return the favor. WHEN IN the Sam Hill Heck did the Midwest ever need California. And hey Cali, one more thing, can you keep your smoke to yourself!

edit on 22-7-2022 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2022 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Wait on a second thought we do have wat3r to sell, it’s from Flint!!

posted on Jul, 22 2022 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Wait on a second thought we do have wat3r to sell, it’s from Flint!!

now that's funny !

posted on Jul, 22 2022 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Let them drink Mexican beer and water their lawns with gray water. Hot and dry here too - no rain in weeks. I feel no sympathy for those who dare to build a big city in a desert. OTOH, give them the water or else/worse, they might move here.

posted on Jul, 22 2022 @ 10:50 AM
link   
They can't have our water. They live off the coast, start up some Desalination plants, both expensive high tech ones and low cost natural DIY ones.

posted on Jul, 22 2022 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
They can't have our water. They live off the coast, start up some Desalination plants, both expensive high tech ones and low cost natural DIY ones.

Here’s the thought process….

The best solution would be for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers to build an aqueduct from the Old River Control Structure on the Mississippi to Lake Powell, fill it, and then send more water from there down the Colorado to fill lake Mead. About 4.5 million/gals a second flow past that structure on the Mississippi. As mentioned, New Orleans has a problem with that much water anyway, so let’s divert 250,000 gallons/sec to Lake Powell, which currently has a shortage of 5.5 trillion gallons.

I know one place they won’t take water, Minnesota
Here

If California comes for Midwest water, we have plenty of dynamite in Minnesota

posted on Jul, 22 2022 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Uhm they live on the Pacific ocean.

Figure it out

posted on Jul, 22 2022 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm
Pound sand...LITERALLY California. I don't know much about tectonics and geology, but doesn't water weight, glacial weight etc... play into movement and uplift of plates?

Isn't the New Madrid associated with the flow of the Mississippi?

I don't know, but this seems a grand way to bring that ol "Navy Map" to fruit

posted on Jul, 22 2022 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Well, bless their hearts.

posted on Jul, 22 2022 @ 11:04 AM
link   
They can take our raw sewage and clean it and put it through the tap and have us drink it on a mass scale.

But they cant do it with ocean water ..

Yeah F#### right..

posted on Jul, 22 2022 @ 11:06 AM
link   
You need water…we need common sense Gun Ownership protections…seems there might be a bargaining chip in there. But you get nothing until Dick’s is selling full auto mounted turrets.

posted on Jul, 22 2022 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: just4fun
They can take our raw sewage and clean it and put it through the tap and have us drink it on a mass scale.

But they cant do it with ocean water ..

Yeah F#### right..

This whole thing just rubbed me the wrong way this morning.

Also isn’t Cali all about the environment? BULLCRAPOLA.
Building a pipeline, or aqua duct crossing states sounds like an environmental disaster, but it’s OK as long as Cali has water pfffffttt.

posted on Jul, 22 2022 @ 11:08 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2022 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
You need water…we need common sense Gun Ownership protections…seems there might be a bargaining chip in there. But you get nothing until Dick’s is selling full auto mounted turrets.

How about this, they keep their sand, we keep our guns, they are both thirsty and unarmed!

posted on Jul, 22 2022 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Why did you have to post this Jag. I read it several days ago and just went ''Nope'' and left it at that. No, I did have a second thought before I left that topic. It was just plain ''STUPID''.

However this idea is just that, a notion from one guy who probably lives in Arizona I'm guessing from the news paper he submitted that idea to.

And where does the water go from Lake Powell and Lake Mead go? To Arizona and Nevada and some to Southern California. Both are man made lakes constructed decades ago so that developers could build homes to sell people who wanted to live
IN THE DESERT

posted on Jul, 22 2022 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Just more examples of bad management from Democrat run states destroying everyone else around them

They've drained Nevada their trying to drain Utah and the pacific northwest

Screw them clean up your mess

posted on Jul, 22 2022 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

However this idea is just that, a notion from one guy who probably lives in Arizona I'm guessing from the news paper he submitted that idea to.

Although that would be nice, the more I look into it the worse it gets.
The Walton name even came up, yes as in Walmart.

It’s not just California either, a lot of states in the West are facing serious severe water shortages. They are all looking at “creative” ways to get water.

Some are saying just build the pipes and we’ll only take flood water….. who believes that?

www.azpm.org...

Megdal said that her mind was changed about those ideas when she heard that the notion was to only take water when those rivers are at flood stage. "They're talking about the potential for a win-win, not that Arizona is going to make a grab for some other state's water and that other state doesn't want that to happen. There may be opportunity for collaboration."

He explained that the bill takes the Water Infrastructure Finance Authority, an existing part of the Arizona Finance Authority that mostly helps local governments use federal money and loans to do water projects, and made it a stand-alone entity.

posted on Jul, 22 2022 @ 11:19 AM
link   

I have an idea. I say we tell them they can build an aqueduct from wherever and to wherever they want. Then we will sue over every little bug, plant, fish, and animal along the way. We can delay it for decades and give them a taste of their own bull#.

posted on Jul, 22 2022 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Would it be cheaper to build desalination plants than to get the water past the mountains?

posted on Jul, 22 2022 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan

Would it be cheaper to build desalination plants than to get the water past the mountains?

You don’t even want to know…..ok maybe you do…
www.theguardian.com...

Joy for environmentalists as California blocks bid for $1.4bn desalination plant This article is more than 2 months old Poseidon Water sought to turn seawater into drinking water but activists said plan would devastate ecosystem on Pacific coast

Like I said, let them pound sand!!!!!

The state’s Coastal Commission voted unanimously to deny a permit for Poseidon Water to build a plant to produce 50m gallons of water a day in Huntington Beach, south-east of Los Angeles. Poseidon said it was disappointed in the decision. “California continues to face a punishing drought, with no end in sight,” a company statement said. “Every day, we see new calls for conservation as reservoir levels drop to dangerous lows. We firmly believe that this desalination project would have created a sustainable, drought-tolerant source of water.”

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join