It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tunnel-boring technology formerly only from BUMB's conspiracy theory is now real?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I spotted this "news" article while doom-scrolling the news area. The technology involved, reminds me a little bit of what was involved in the conspiracy theory related Deep Underground Military Bases (DUMB's). There had been mention of a tunnel-boring technology that melted the rocks instead of grinding them away. The technique mentioned is based on using a plasma-spray of some kind instead of direct-heat from a nuclear reactor. However, the net effect of basically going through rock is eerily similar to the DUMB's stuff.

From "Interesting Reading":
A new plasma boring robot can dig tunnels 100 times faster and 98% cheaper

Earlier article by "Forbes":
A Tesla Cofounder’s New Focus: Rock-Tunneling Robots To Protect The Grid

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: EnhancedInterrogator

For REALLY tiny soldiers in REALLY tiny underground bases.

Mice rule the world. Makes sense.

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Fascinating too that the torches are arranged in a Fibonacci spiral.

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Outerlimits13
Fascinating too that the torches are arranged in a Fibonacci spiral.

Covers the maximum surface area with the minimum number of emitters.

Clever.

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Phil Schneider revealed this decades ago which makes his story and experience a lot more credible now, but I believed him then.

RIP Phil Schneider

For those unfamiliar with his incredible life and story, the meat of what he experienced begins at the 1:53:15 mark where he discusses construction of D.U.M.B.'s (Deep Underground Military Bases) and the incredible alien encounter he had while drilling.

⭐+🇺🇸

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 08:28 PM
link   

“Earthgrid also claims that its system, which doesn't need to come into contact with the rocks directly as it excavates, is so fast and cheap it will open up a whole host of possibilities.”

I guess that movie “The Core” 2003, was ahead of its time!

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Question, where does all the superheated gasses along with the vaporized soil and rock go?

When you use a plasma torch, there has to be a lot of surrounding area for the heat and metal to disappate into. It doesn't just disappear when vaporized. It turns into many times it's original volume of extremely hot gas.

Where does this material go when the drill head is incased in the ground?

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Underground utilities in California?

That means about 10 times longer to fix them after an earthquake. If it took a week to get power back in the past, expect 2 or 3 months after they put the wires underground.

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 11:19 PM
link   
27K C is hot. Got some pretty impressive metallurgy going on to withstand such temperatures. With something like that, might be able to sent it to the center of the Earth and see what is really there.

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 11:41 PM
link   

I would like to see them dig a substantial tunnel with this tech before I think this is viable.

The venting issues for gasified rock and the time needed in between drilling for things to cool for them to go in and firm up the tunnel has me doubting.

I don't think any type of protective suite would allow someone to be in the tunnel while it is going. Maybe they can use remote-operated machinery but for some things, there will always need to be a person on the scene to inspect how it is going. You would need to vent and let the area cool.

This may be great but it will come with its own complications. There will need to be a lot of bore test holes dug ahead of the machine. Imagine hitting a gas pocket.

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

They could use the molten rock and glass the walls with it?

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I am wondering which would be worse? A flash fire from a gas pocket or a steam explosion then fludding from hitting water.

The machine is dead ether way and probably the entire tunnel a write-off.

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

They could use the molten rock and glass the walls with it?

You don't seem to have ever used a plasma cutter.

The advantage to using one is it doesn't heat up the surrounding material anywhere near what an acetalline torch does. While it is a lot hotter, the arc is tiny compared to a flame. There is not enough heat overall to affect the surrounding material.

If you wanted to fuse the walls solid, you would need another process to do that.

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 12:20 AM
link   

To be fair substantial flooding would put a quick end to most boring techniques.

I watched the video a few times and they are already using pressurized water to fracture the rock after it is heated and I think to also cool the machinery so there is already plenty of steam happening.

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 12:40 AM
link   

First deployment Mexico and USA border

new topics

top topics

join