It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Musk Scraps $44 Billion Twitter Deal Over ‘Misleading Representations’

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2022 @ 08:22 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 13 2022 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: DigitalSea
Elon Musk had no intentions of buying Twitter whatsoever. Musk is a glorified conman who seems to have fooled a few crypto bros and people with a raging hard-on for some dystopian future where we have microchips in our brains connected to computers.

I hope the courts force Elon to got through with the deal to teach him a lesson.

that future is closer than you think...

posted on Jul, 13 2022 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I don't know if anyone is following the latest Musk news, but it looks like Trump has turned on him after Musk said Trump should ride off into the sunset.

I wonder how many people that were supporting Musk's purchase of Twitter will now say they knew he was an idiot the whole time.

Trump and Musk's war of words heats up

posted on Jul, 13 2022 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Say you buy amazon and you are told
they have 100 million sales each year.
and you then found out they Only have 50M.

Is that miss selling the company?
Is that a crime?
So when They lose He can sue them?

edit on 13-7-2022 by buddha because: Demons

posted on Jul, 13 2022 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

If you support me I say your the greatest

If you go against me then I say you are an idiot

Those Whining About Elon Musk & Twitter Is Amusing

Twitter set to accept Elon Musk’s $43 billion buyout offer ...see update

Its funny how things change, first one side cried the other gloated, then the other side cried and the other gloated, thank god I never had twitter all those grown adults crying over how there guy was better, guess what they only care about MONEY and will it make them more MONEY

Let the cheerleading continue for your chosen savior

posted on Jul, 13 2022 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Musk has political ambitions....big one's. When you have all the money...what do you want next?

Control...it's an established pattern.

posted on Jul, 13 2022 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Musk is the kind of guy that makes videos telling people to delete their social media, then tries to buy twitter, another snakeoil salesman. Wouldn't surprise me if her tries to run for President someday.

posted on Jul, 13 2022 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Political ambitions? I can't see that. It would have to be in some other country because since he wasn't born in the USA, he's not eligible to be president. I can't see him wanting to become anything lower than that.

posted on Jul, 13 2022 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Political ambitions? I can't see that. It would have to be in some other country because since he wasn't born in the USA, he's not eligible to be president.

Some accused Obama of not being born in the US. you were saying.....

posted on Jul, 13 2022 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Yes they did. But, in Musk's case, there is no doubt...lol! It's actually plainly documented with absolutely zero secrecy or sketchy timeline.

posted on Jul, 13 2022 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Obama was born to an American mother. So even if he were born in Kenya, he had natural-born citizenship.

Musk was born to a Canadian mother and South African father in South Africa. He didn't obtain US citizenship until 2002. He cannot run for President.

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Probably has more to do with him not actually having the money.
And that’s being serious…👍

Yeah. This. The Tesla shares he was using went down a bit, and his backers were probably using shares in other stocks. So nobody has quite the cash they initially had.

originally posted by: DigitalSea
Elon Musk had no intentions of buying Twitter whatsoever. Musk is a glorified conman who seems to have fooled a few crypto bros and people with a raging hard-on for some dystopian future where we have microchips in our brains connected to computers.

I hope the courts force Elon to got through with the deal to teach him a lesson.

So a con man, conning other con men?

I am having trouble finding my outrage emote. Is there a setting for that?

Maybe I need some prozac?

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Musk has political ambitions....big one's.

Doubt it. Those with deep pockets control the narrative and those in gov't position only serve those with deep pockets.

He would be getting a demotion if he goes into politics. Plus being South African he wouldn't be able to run for POTUS anyways so that position is out and he doesn't appear to be the type to take a perceived second fiddler position.

Musk just has I don't give a Fk money and freely says what ever dingle berry pops up in his mind.

However In regards to trump he is correct . Trump needs to ride into the political sunset . He had his chance and did better than the other 4+ POTUS before him and certainly after him , but he also fked up bigly and never learned from his mistakes.Even today he still hasn't learned from his mistakes which directly led to the horrifying biden administration. So yeah Next.

Desantis / Rand Paul is likely the best that could be had from the current fk fest we have available in the forefront.

Having said that Biden and the democrats also make trump look worthy of being called a political deity. What a cluster Fk the biden administration and loony democrats have been.

edit on 27731America/ChicagoThu, 14 Jul 2022 09:27:37 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Political ambitions? I can't see that. It would have to be in some other country because since he wasn't born in the USA, he's not eligible to be president. I can't see him wanting to become anything lower than that.

Presidency? lol

Think in therms of global ambitions, whilst higher than a kite.
He is. So is his machine.
Nothing can stop you.

Globalism.
There are many globes.
He is here, it's a good place to start.
Did you get the memo?
Think Noah's Ark.

# 1593
edit on 14-7-2022 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2022 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: UpThenDown

Donald Trump said Elon Musk would back out of the Twitter deal once he found out how corrupted the Twitter system is. Trump = Right Again! He's far more accurate, more often, than the so-called "experts" on CNN, FoxNews, MSNBC, etc..

From 5.13.2022: nypost.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2022 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

He saw something that he didnt like or saw that the ship really was sinking.

its easy to pull the wool over the quazi-zombi like current twitter employees but as much as i dislike Musk he is a good at spotting trends and with out the emotional and political affiliation to twitter said no thank you

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 12:49 AM
link   
The only part I don't believe about Musk's reasoning is the "advertising value" argument.

Bots or not, most advertisers know what advertising value they are getting from any platform, by more direct means that just "number of viewers". They can do things like putting a discount code in the ad, and then see how many times that code gets redeemed. They know whether they're getting their value.

Twitter obviously has advertising value, or nobody would be buying ads.

Unless...... someone is paying inflated prices for worthless advertising space, in order to bribe Twitter into helping/allowing them to bot . If that is where Twitter is really making its money, then Musk would have to either continue doing it, or watch the company tank really fast.

Like when someone buys a really overpriced painting from a washed up lawyer, who happens to be related to a certain elected official.....
edit on 20-7-2022 by bloodymarvelous because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2022 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Looking at who the top advertisers are

www.statista.com...

www.statista.com...

We've got Nestle at 1st. Verizon at 2nd. Then Disney.

I'm wondering, if we look at these corporations, what benefits do they get from the US government, and what candidates vote for them to get those benefits?

Twitter can't have purely ideological reasons for choosing a political side this strongly.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join