It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millennial & Gen Z Police Officers

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2022 @ 10:45 PM
link   
The amount of police shootings of suspects seems to be getting ridiculous, along with the amount of entitlement crimes in society.
The Millennials & Gen Z to no fault of their own have been raised in a digital world of likes , dislikes, muting , deleting, PMs , fans only , digital group attacks of enemies & min/max games .

The Millennials & more so Gen Z have horrible conflict resolution in the physical world . These kids when challenged will generally flip their lids & when they are forced to analogue resolutions , there are no swipe lefts or anonymity of saying horrible things to someone over social media to hide behind.

When a person with little to no human conflict resolution is given authority & a gun .. there will be no good outcome to this .

Then take Millennial & Gen Z criminals , they have the same lack of human interaction in regards to conflict.

It is my opinion that many Millennials & the majority of Gen Z have digital nurture psychopathy.
The amount of violence in our streets & violent police responses will continue to rise , because of this digital psychopathy.
Police should have to obtain a Masters degree & two years of internship before someone gives them a badge & gun.
There is nothing we can do about criminals, but cops need to be our best in society with pay that reflects that .
Instead we take kids fresh out of whatever current Middle East conflict, min/max video game & social media psyche & send them through tech school police science for 2 years . Then turn them loose on the streets.
If we don’t find a way to police society better , the crime & cancelling of police will grow bigger every year.
Once crime & police brutality is out of control, the majority of Americans will vote away their rights for police state surveillance/tracking.
I hope Im wrong , but kids shoot people over getting a food order wrong daily .
Criminals use to have codes of honest bad behaviour & cops use to have a code that turned an eye on petty things in favour for mentorship & honour.
Any thoughts… ? Or are we in serious trouble with the policing future of America ?

posted on Jul, 7 2022 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: MeatHookReality

These generations have been conditioned to isolate with a screen , and numb their wants for physical actual interaction with another person by exchanging that for 'social media' interactions.
In the not too dystopian future I can picture minion slaves , in their free time , only be able to 'run outside' etc in a virtual world (VR)

posted on Jul, 8 2022 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: ancientlight

These generations have been conditioned to isolate with a screen , and numb their wants for physical actual interaction with another person by exchanging that for 'social media' interactions.
In the not too dystopian future I can picture minion slaves , in their free time , only be able to 'run outside' etc in a virtual world (VR)
Interesting
There has to be a new & better way .. Police need to have a masters in police psychology plus two year paid internship in a police force that is extremely challenged by crime or social need.
If they make it through a masters with 2 yrs intern & a FBI psychological & background checks , then allow them a gun & a badge .
Police need to be humans from our most empathetic & heroic members of society.
I would guess that most cops today have an agenda based on a identity they found from a digital society.
This is my greatest concern.
Our police & teachers need to be required to have some of the most stringent qualifications for those jobs . They also need to be paid more than a HR person from Best Buy or equivalent nonsense.
One issue with police & teachers is the unions .
I believe unions have a place , but not in places that negotiate against the community it serves .
Unions are cool for private, but not State or county .

I think the Gen Z cops & Gen Z hooligans are going to have explosive interactions.
I look at Millennials & Gen Z in a bit of the same light as Vietnam vets … They both were sent into a world of bull# at the hands of consumerism. Vets had their minds warped by a visceral fake war & the newer generations have their minds warped by the insanity of non- stop non-reality digital interactions . Both groups were rejected by society in their young adult years by society.
Im not saying that being shot at or killing others in war is the same as spoiled kids on the internet.
What I am saying is many Millennials & most Gen Z have real dangerous mental conditions created by a media war upon their minds .
edit on 8-7-2022 by MeatHookReality because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-7-2022 by MeatHookReality because: Ty

posted on Jul, 8 2022 @ 01:37 AM
link   

I would guess that most cops today have an agenda based on a identity they found from a digital society.

I agree, but it's funny these concerns are only now surfacing, or do you really think before they didn't have an ideology and agenda. It's probably just because it's not your agenda any more, hence the sudden concerns.

posted on Jul, 8 2022 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

I agree, but it's funny these concerns are only now surfacing, or do you really think before they didn't have an ideology and agenda. It's probably just because it's not your agenda any more, hence the sudden concerns.
People are always swayed in their identities by external forces .
What I’m saying is that people’s identity no longer requires much physical interactions, and when weighed against a human interaction job , there imo is going to be trouble

posted on Jul, 8 2022 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Having a two year degree will solve nothing. Education and Personal Life skills learned through experience and failure are two different things We have a generation or two that have been so removed from the reality of what being an Adult is They have been given participation trophies and told their champions and cried and whined their way out of work. Then you give them a gun and tell them to go out and deal with all the others of their generatioon who have no sense of self reliance. Look at how many kids are still living at home in their 40's and living off their parents.

Make Police Officer candidates go in the military for 2 years and serve around the world and see what it is really like, gain broadend perspectives and be in an environment where they have to take care of themselves and then let them appy to become police officers here.

posted on Jul, 8 2022 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: MeatHookReality
Or are we in serious trouble with the policing future of America ?

What's this 'we' stuff? You're not even an American.

posted on Jul, 8 2022 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I have dual citizenship & was born in America
So “We” is proper nomenclature in this context.

posted on Jul, 8 2022 @ 08:04 AM
link   

You're not in the US:

Criminals use to have codes of honest bad behaviour & cops use to have a code that turned an eye on petty things in favour for mentorship & honour.

edit on 8-7-2022 by AugustusMasonicus because: dey terk er election

posted on Jul, 8 2022 @ 08:26 AM
link   
In some cases you have people that have never faced adversity getting into a career field where every day is filled with adversity, bad things will happen.

The be a friend to your children group did their kids no favors.

posted on Jul, 8 2022 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Same here and AugustusMasonicus tried to do the same with me. Attempting to invalidate my comments based on this. After he first claimed that i am a foreigner. To most here he is the local troll, nothing more.

posted on Jul, 8 2022 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

Same here and AugustusMasonicus tried to do the same with me. Attempting to invalidate my comments based on this. After he first claimed that i am a foreigner. To most here he is the local troll, nothing more.
We are all just goofs trying to make sense of a time & space we call 2022 Earth.
AugustusMasonicus Im sure is trying to be better every day .

posted on Jul, 8 2022 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: xerleh
Having a two year degree will solve nothing. Education and Personal Life skills learned through experience and failure are two different things We have a generation or two that have been so removed from the reality of what being an Adult is They have been given participation trophies and told their champions and cried and whined their way out of work. Then you give them a gun and tell them to go out and deal with all the others of their generatioon who have no sense of self reliance. Look at how many kids are still living at home in their 40's and living off their parents.

Make Police Officer candidates go in the military for 2 years and serve around the world and see what it is really like, gain broadend perspectives and be in an environment where they have to take care of themselves and then let them appy to become police officers here.

I agree , in a different response I say that cops need a Masters in criminal psychology plus a 2 year internship in crime riddled areas . That would be 8 years of schooling plus 2 years intern .
Police also need mandatory full retirement after 20 years .

posted on Jul, 8 2022 @ 12:33 PM
link   

He has been posting here for over 10 years already. Nothing changed.

posted on Jul, 8 2022 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Lol , yes Im familiar with his chain of ideas .

link   

Lol , yes Im familiar with his chain of ideas .

link   
a reply to: everyone

posted on Jul, 8 2022 @ 12:38 PM
link   

You're not in the US:

My mother was from Britain 🇬🇧

posted on Jul, 8 2022 @ 12:40 PM
link   

My mother was from Britain 🇬🇧

And? My parents were from Italy. I have jus sanguinis but I don't say 'we' when people refer to Italy. I live in the United States, I am an American. You don't live here, it's obvious by how you spell.

posted on Jul, 8 2022 @ 12:41 PM
link   

a reply to: everyone

42 is the answer

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join