It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100-Year-Old Veteran - "This Is Not The Country We Fought For"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Choking back tears, 100 year old retired marine Carl Dekel laments on how this isn't the country we fought for. This isn't the land of the free and home of the brave anymore. It's a country that's being prepped for a new world order. A new liberal world according to the white house. A 4th industrial revolution where your services are no longer required and neither are you as a person.

We can forget our culture and history. We can forget the foundations on which our country was build on. We can forget those who fought for some sort of idea. The days of fighting for that are gone. On this July 4th there isn't much to celebrate. Perhaps we need to wake up and remember our history and what made us who we are.

Do not allow the technocrats totalitarian take over and to replace freedom with bug meat burgers, mandatory experimental vaccines, digital IDs, 24/7 surveillance, red flag laws, the loss of basic freedoms through censorship and the loss of the collective culture of a country. Instead wake up from your mass formation and remember who you are.

"Nowadays... People don’t realize what they have, the things we fought for, and the boys that died for it - It’s all gone down the drain."

"Our country’s gone to hell in a handbasket. We haven’t got the country we had when I was raised. Not at all."

“It’s not the same. That’s not what our boys - that‘s not what they died for.”

SOURCE

edit on 4-7-2022 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: v1rtu0s0

I would caution against using this veteran's (rather vague) lamentation as support for any agenda you might wish to overlay upon it.

Respect, and honor, the gentleman for his service.

Do not i t try to twist his words to your own political interests.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Hell, he is right.

This is not the same country as it was even in the 80's and 90's.

It is a damned shame what our nation has and is turning into. Not much of a plus side other than Christ is coming much faster than we expected. I cannot imagine what our nation will look like in 10 years if we even have that much longer.

I mourn the loss of our nation and what is to come.
edit on 4-7-2022 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 01:24 PM
link   

I agree, this is not the America I remember from childhood, this the America special, foreign and globalist has created with the help of traitor politicians that have sold their soul for money, power and interest.

The politicians in our nation have crapped on every single proud and patriotic American left in the nation.

My father is a Korea era vet, he is 89 years old, he also see how the deterioration of the US has been steady but sure and is no over yet.

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I'm a Veteran of almost half that age. I have been saying the same thing for a number of years now.

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Ummm...well...

I'm at work as I type this...so...no...no celebrating here...

I don't celebrate the fourth anymore anyway...I totally agree with the centenarian Marine...

YouSir

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Get over yourself. Your narrative is boring. Truly.

Every one is told be a sheep.

In Russian link

English link explaining your hypocrisy

“According to research by the independent Levada Center last month, although Putin’s approval rating is 71 percent, the share of respondents who named him as someone they trust was only 32 percent (down from 59 percent in November 2017). As far as Russians’ perception of the global opposition to Moscow, the idea that the West is out to hurt Russia is very widespread. As one sociologist told me, the overall attitude among Russians has been that the West would find a reason to impose new sanctions no matter what Russia does. China, India, and much of the Middle East have not censured Russia the way the U.S. and Europe have.

According to Levada’s latest research on media consumption, 62 percent of Russians still get their news from TV, which is almost entirely state-controlled. That has dropped from 90 percent in 2016. Use of online sources has risen in the same period, from low- to mid-20 percent to 37 percent for social networks and 36 percent for news websites. A major hub for online news is Yandex, Russia’s largest tech company. Yandex usually runs five headlines on its homepage, and they all come from state news agencies.”

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Yes, we are not the Country we used to be.

We have cars, don't have slaves, women can vote, gays are out, the internet is everywhere, we've been to the moon, we have airplanes, we have solar power, and so on, and so on.

Change IS life, life IS change. It's just some like it, and some don't.

Every time I hear the term, "The Good Old Days", I always ask myself, Good old days for who?

I'm not sure people understand how bad they DON'T have it.

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Mantiss2021

His words are not being twisted, they are pretty plain to anyone that is capable of understanding English.

His sacrifice, and that of others mean nothing to many so called Americans. Fourth of July is just another vacation day for many, and the same patriot that said those words is looked on as a domestic terrorist for saying them.

No need to twist anything here, his words are pretty clear. The concept that was America Is being torn apart.

1 day for independence, 1 month for gay pride. Do the math, it’s your new reality. America is dying.

Happy Fourth of July, whatever that means.

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 02:34 PM
link   

We haven’t got the country we had when I was raised. Not at all."

Due respect to Carl, this certainly isn't the country he was raised in. That country he was raised in was suffering from a Great Depression from the time he was 8. At that time there was no internet, no TVs, not even much in the way of radio. There were no movies with color, and no movies with sound until he was 8.

There was no interstate freeway system, there was only limited flight capability. Indeed, by the time he was 8, it had been a mere 154 years that had gone by before women, half the population, had the right to vote in national elections.

That country had no capacity to direct cameras, and lasers from space to either watch or destroy what could be watched from up there. That nation had no capacity for citizens to talk with people on the other side of the world while watching their faces talk back from small hand held devices.

That war that Carl fought in, WW2 offered this nation a wide open opportunity that no other nation at that time had. It had an unscathed industrial infrastructure as opposed to the rest of the developed world that had been bombed to smithereens. That's the nation that Carl came home to, a nation of full employment that produced the vast majority of products that a recovering world wanted. Of course those were grand times, the worlds money all flowed to US industrial corporations.

Again, due respect to Carl, there was minimal outcry about one world order back then when the US controlled that one world order. But alas, in spreading the culture of freedom and capitalism throughout the world, other nations developed their own sense of freedoms and also developed their own corporations to rival those of the US in the 50s and 60s.

The point here is hearkening back to a world of 100 years ago and how great it was is an old mans dream and has little to do with how we approach this world now.

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Thank God for liberals explaining to all that Carl didn't mean what we think he meant and that when Carl stole his first kiss Pac-Man wasn't even a thing played on another thing.

Whew. Close one. Carl almost incited the worst riot since Jan 6.

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Hell, he is right.

This is not the same country as it was even in the 80's and 90's.

It is a damned shame what our nation has and is turning into. Not much of a plus side other than Christ is coming much faster than we expected. I cannot imagine what our nation will look like in 10 years if we even have that much longer.

I mourn the loss of our nation and what is to come.

How fast the change and collapse has occurred. A prison with tightening walls built out of the illusion of greater freedom and tolerance. We have allowed the cage and now we can’t even sing.

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mantiss2021

I would caution against using this veteran's (rather vague) lamentation as support for any agenda you might wish to overlay upon it.

Really ?
How does one twist this ?

"People don’t realize what they have," Dekel said, showing his emotions. "The things we did and the things we fought for and the boys that died for it, it’s all gone down the drain."

"We haven’t got the country we had when I was raised, not at all,"

I did .
Thus the reason for quoting his exact words .
So , follow your own advise .

Denying ignorance.
Why ?
Why do folks post about an article , yet never read the entire article ?

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Due respect to Carl, this certainly isn't the country he was raised in. That country he was raised in was suffering from a Great Depression from the time he was 8. At that time there was no internet, no TVs, not even much in the way of radio. There were no movies with color, and no movies with sound until he was 8.

Which is an incorrect interpretation .
Go back and read the entire article .
Not just "favored" excerpts.

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Really ?

"People don’t realize what they have," Dekel said, showing his emotions. "The things we did and the things we fought for and the boys that died for it, it’s all gone down the drain."

I did .

Denying ignorance.
Why ?

It's like Klaus Schwab AI bots posting on ats.

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

We have cars, don't have slaves, women can vote, gays are out, the internet is everywhere, we've been to the moon, we have airplanes, we have solar power, and so on, and so on.

Cars have been around since 21 September 1893
Slaves went out with Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation January 1, 1863
Women got the right to vote on August 18, 1920
Airplanes ? Wright Company 1910 .
Solar power ? The Earth has always had that . Providing lights and warmth to everyone .

And Dekel got to see all the advancements.
Yet still made the statements .

Please think BEFORE you post.

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: v1rtu0s0

originally posted by: Gothmog

Really ?

I did .

Denying ignorance.
Why ?

It's like Klaus Schwab AI bots posting on ats.

Agreed.

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Wher muh cunntreh gawn?
edit on 4-7-2022 by LordAhriman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I agree this here is a container refilled with something else than what it says on the label.

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Kocag

It feels the US and not just the US, Europe had being infiltrated.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join