It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think of Breitbart and it's comments? Is it a reputable alt news source?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 03:57 AM
link   
It seems to me alt news isn't really what they say they are. It feels like political opposition most of the time peddling the same 'he said she said' crap only in reverse. Do you think alt news really cares about the George Washington forefathers model of the US or do they want to see the US divided too into the new system?

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: SortingHat

It’s probably controlled opposition like Fox News and Tucker Carlson..

It was run by Steve Bannon right? On the administration of traitor D. Trump who fooled America that there is another team.

Aaa wrong .. there’s only one team.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 09:20 AM
link   
What I know of Breitbart, he paid his life in calling out the corruption. Think it was Podesta, might of been Shiff or another one of that bunch.

As for the legacy of this media corporation, I don't keep up with it everyday. I guess they are carrying this burden as best they can. If Breitbart does come out with any headlines, will at least give them the time to hear what they have to say.

As for sorting out the facts from the fiction, seam better than CNN from what I have seen so far.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Breitbart is a solid news organization.

I go there first to get real news with in depth analysis.

Second would be The Gateway Pundit.

Third Sky News.

Fourth Euro News.

Then it’s downhill from there.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: SortingHat
It seems to me alt news isn't really what they say they are. It feels like political opposition most of the time peddling the same 'he said she said' crap only in reverse. Do you think alt news really cares about the George Washington forefathers model of the US or do they want to see the US divided too into the new system?

Breitbart is a corporation. They know their market, they know what they want to hear and give it to them. And reap the profits.

Same as Alex Jones and infowars. Capitalism!!!

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: SortingHat

I stopped visiting that site ages ago, didn't feel quite right 'right' .

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I have found the best source for news to be......ATS. Granted it is functioning as an aggregate site for me, but I come here first to learn what's happening.

And the comments sections of a lot the outlets posted above. I learn more from those that the articles themselves. Lots of rabbit holes and direction to other great sources.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 03:56 PM
link   
It's propaganda pure and simple. They need a reboot, get more serious.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ancientlight

The comments are completely different when you log in vs when logged out. I think a lot of comments are shadowbanned that defend the US constitution the way George Washington would since they (Breitbart Corp) probably believe he's a racist.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: SideEyeEverything

From my experience comments are equal to digging thru the garbage as Dad told me. Once in a while like you said you get a gold nugget but most of the time digging thru the trash you get..........well trash!

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: choomsuba

Half the time Breitbart and most of these sites' can't write a solid article. Dad and I have seen several where they don't follow the 5 W's. Who what when where and why. The details should be later after that but instead you get those scattered thru the whole freaking article! It makes the articles very jarring to read and often they misuse/pronounce terminology of various sorts that are not interchangeable.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Breitbart has become click bait I haven't visited them in years. Something about that site seems "off" to me and my sixth sense is infallible.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Elvicious1

Most of the time they (and most sites sadly) follow this new formula of putting the opinion on top and what the article is about at the bottom where nobody reads. You have to scroll down past the BS then find what it's about and half the time the comments don't even mention that. In fact the comments are usually off topic about some random BS already covered.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: SideEyeEverything

I have found the best source for news to be......ATS.

I just squirted 1/2 pint of Dr. Pepper out of my nose all over my laptop. You won't get any real journalism/news anywhere in the US. Especially websites on the internet. The country is so divided that agendas and ideologies reign supreme.

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Until we learn how to write articles again with the 5 W's. Walter Cronkite was our last good reporter for the US anyways and Paul Harvey not far behind. "And now for the rest of the story."
edit on 1-7-2022 by SortingHat because: "And now for the rest of the story."

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

My point was that when I read posts here, they often have links to news sources (some international) that I wouldn't see otherwise. Same for comments sections.

I wasn't saying I take the comments themselves here or Bretibart and other places as valid news sources. Sorry for thinking I was being clear.

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 09:29 AM
link   
This one is the LEFT's version of Breitbart.

www.rawstory.com...

But "Raw Story" is more focused on things that are NOT at the top of American's priority list.

posted on Aug, 8 2022 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ancientlight

And the comments sections of many of the news sites listed above. From those, I learn more than from the articles themselves. There are a lot of side roads and links to other great sourcesgmail

top topics

join