It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden officials privately doubt that Ukraine can win back all of its territory

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

LOL don't get me wrong kudos to your hard work, service to your country, and good fortune.

It's just an outlier though.

So it's all to blame on the MAGA crowd okay let's go with that? As I'm not the MAGA crowd either BTW I don't want him to run again but

How exactly is the MAGA crowd responsible for our continued aid and support for Ukraine?

and lastly does your wife have a lonely sister?

I should have used a phrase different from MAGA, as I did not mean to invoke Pres. Trump, but was going for the make America great again sentiment. 

My wife does have a sister with a husband who has multiple sclerosis. But she's less fortunate than my wife, mainly because she has a shopping addiction, whereas my wife is a miser. 

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan

LOL don't get me wrong kudos to your hard work, service to your country, and good fortune.

It's just an outlier though.

So it's all to blame on the MAGA crowd okay let's go with that? As I'm not the MAGA crowd either BTW I don't want him to run again but

How exactly is the MAGA crowd responsible for our continued aid and support for Ukraine?

and lastly does your wife have a lonely sister?

I should have used a phrase different from MAGA, as I did not mean to invoke Pres. Trump, but was going for the make America great again sentiment. 

My wife does have a sister with a husband who has multiple sclerosis. But she's less fortunate than my wife, mainly because she has a shopping addiction, whereas my wife is a miser. 

MAGA is nothing but a plank in Trump's platform, one he had to not only embrace but he needed to really rally to get enough votes. Not the first time political parties and politicians have used groups to get elected. It's always going to be that way in a 2 party system.

Kennedy and Johnson basically despised each other, but there is clear evidence Kennedy doesn't get elected without Johnson.

Sometimes it seems like our political parties just bounce from one side's extreme views to the other side's extreme views and those with centrist views say screw I'll just try and take care of what I can actually control my life and help the one I care for and love.

LOL some would applaud her because she is helping the economy LOL

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
Reports have been surfacing recently suggesting that the Ukrainians are running low on both men and ammo, and Zelensky has been openly begging for money & arms for a while now.

If you ignore the Russia-hating cheerleaders and look at the actual situation, the war is not going well for Ukraine.

Zelensky might well want to consider making peace before Russia takes the city of Odessa, and Ukraine becomes a landlocked nation.

Suing for peace when you are losing the war is an admission of defeat. Unless Putin has achieved his original objectives or is facing criticism about the war from his own people, why would he agree to an end to hostilities?

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 05:15 PM
link   
With Turkey clearing the way for Sweden and Finland to join NATO, I expect an massive escalation soon. NATO involvement always means trouble for the common folk, while enriching current millionaires and creating new ones.

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I don't believe the Kiev regime can ever take back Donbas because Donbas is extremely hostile to the Kiev regime for overthrowing president Yaunukovych who is from Donbas.

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 01:26 AM
link   

To me, it's really one party with two faces that's been perfectly honed to keep us distracted and divided with their "extreme" views while they work together to achieve their own interests as well as those of their contributors, but screw the common voter. I believe Trump was doing a lot to shake up the status quo. And that is why committees investigated him throughout his term and are still investigating him more than two years later.

But it was more the voters who I was talking about. I was hoping that the people who voted for MAGA thought that meant giving Americans a better standard of living, to the point where a hard day's work actually buys the American dream. 
edit on 29 6 2022 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 01:38 AM
link   

CNN like all the other MSM networks are news networks only in name. They are billed as entertainment and for hire. SMMA of 2012

If they are saying this it was preapproved and meant to shift public perceptions incrementally from supporting Ukraine at all costs to we did our best but it is time to let it go.

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan

To me, it's really one party with two faces that's been perfectly honed to keep us distracted and divided with their "extreme" views while they work together to achieve their own interests as well as those of their contributors, but screw the common voter. I believe Trump was doing a lot to shake up the status quo. And that is why committees investigated him throughout his term and are still investigating him more than two years later.

But it was more the voters who I was talking about. I was hoping that the people who voted for MAGA thought that meant giving Americans a better standard of living, to the point where a hard day's work actually buys the American dream. 

I agree

I like to sometimes think of our 2 party government is like living with somebody who has a split personality.

as for MAGA's voting block and influence, it's always been there it just needed somebody to tap into it. That said it's an extremely cynical block of voters, it will be difficult for another candidate to tap into its full potential.

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

CNN like all the other MSM networks are news networks only in name. They are billed as entertainment and for hire. SMMA of 2012

If they are saying this it was preapproved and meant to shift public perceptions incrementally from supporting Ukraine at all costs to we did our best but it is time to let it go.

I agree about the networks, but you realize millions believe the media's presentations as fact, on all sides of the spectrum. It doesn't matter to those it's entertainment, opinion with an agenda. They accept it as fact and live their lives accordingly.

The only reason they are dropping that narrative is it's now obvious it will kill the Democrat's chances at the midterms. They are in danger of losing a portion of the moderate democrat votes because it's ridiculous to emphasize Ukraine when there are more issues pertinent to individual survival in this country.

All the polls show it and the Democrats all watch the poll, so far during these 1/6/21 hearings Biden's approval rating continue to plummet and the realization they could lose Congress and/or the Senate

We need to help ourselves then we can discuss the Ukraine money pit if we so choose.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join