It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden officials privately doubt that Ukraine can win back all of its territory

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I loathe linking to CNN however this could be a signal that MSM and perhaps TPTB aren't satisfied or does it mean they are just happy the MIC stocks are through the roof. ie it still feels like a money grab for a select few politicians.

www.cnn.com...

CNN

White House officials are losing confidence that Ukraine will ever be able to take back all of the land it has lost to Russia over the past four months of war, US officials told CNN, even with the heavier and more sophisticated weaponry the US and its allies plan to send.

Advisers to President Joe Biden have begun debating internally how and whether Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky should shift his definition of a Ukrainian “victory” – adjusting for the possibility that his country has shrunk irreversibly.

US officials emphasized to CNN that this more pessimistic assessment does not mean the US plans to pressure Ukraine into making any formal territorial concessions to Russia in order to end the war. There is also hope that Ukrainian forces will be able to take back significant chunks of territory in a likely counteroffensive later this year.

A congressional aide familiar with the deliberations told CNN that a smaller Ukrainian state is not inevitable. “Whether Ukraine can take back these territories is in large part, if not entirely, a function of how much support we give them,” the aide said. He noted that Ukraine has formally asked the US for a minimum of 48 multiple launch rocket systems, but to date has only been promised eight from the Pentagon.

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

If CNN is even expressing "doubts" that Ukraine is winning....Ukraine is actually losing in a big way.

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 09:54 AM
link   

The Afghanis thought the same thing about the Soviets at one point. It played out well for the invaders until it didn't.

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 09:58 AM
link   

To be fair, the west is using Ukraine to weaken Russia. I don't think anyone actually cares what happens to Ukraine.

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

If CNN is even expressing "doubts" that Ukraine is winning....Ukraine is actually losing in a big way.

Who here is surprised?

Isn't that the overall consensus since day one?

There is no logical reason to continue to throw military aid packages except, that somebody is getting kickbacks from the military aid. More than likely Ukrainian higher-ups and the Bidens, the Pelosis the Schumers etc.

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Reports have been surfacing recently suggesting that the Ukrainians are running low on both men and ammo, and Zelensky has been openly begging for money & arms for a while now.

If you ignore the Russia-hating cheerleaders and look at the actual situation, the war is not going well for Ukraine.

Zelensky might well want to consider making peace before Russia takes the city of Odessa, and Ukraine becomes a landlocked nation.

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

The Afghanis thought the same thing about the Soviets at one point. It played out well for the invaders until it didn't.

So we are in year 8 of the 40-year saga of Ukraine/Afghanistan 2.0?

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

To be fair, the west is using Ukraine to weaken Russia. I don't think anyone actually cares what happens to Ukraine.

Yes of course but you know that hasn't been our government's CNN or the rest of the MSM emphasis. Otherwise, why is Zelenskyy appealing and appearing on TV fairly frequently?

A lot of people and corporations act as if they have cared since the beginning.

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
So we are in year 8 of the 40-year saga of Ukraine/Afghanistan 2.0?

More like less than year one of what was a whatever year plan but this one is on steroids with what has been supplied, the differences in competency level and the weakness of the opponent.

edit on 28-6-2022 by AugustusMasonicus because: dey terk er election

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 10:49 AM
link   

I don't believe that Ukraine will be able to reclaim all of their territory either unless this keeps going on for quite some time and we keep sending them weapons. 

The only reason I am unhappy with all of the weapons we are sending them is that we have so many homeless veterans who the billions in aid could have housed several times over. 

Anyone whining about the politicians profiting from the aid could also be profiting. It didn't take a rocket scientist to look at the weapons we are sending and figure out which companies to invest in. 

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan

I don't believe that Ukraine will be able to reclaim all of their territory either unless this keeps going on for quite some time and we keep sending them weapons. 

The only reason I am unhappy with all of the weapons we are sending them is that we have so many homeless veterans who the billions in aid could have housed several times over. 

Anyone whining about the politicians profiting from the aid could also be profiting. It didn't take a rocket scientist to look at the weapons we are sending and figure out which companies to invest in. 

Invest? with what? sounds like the last 3-4 years have been great for you, but you do know the vast majority of Americans lived paycheck to paycheck before the 'pandemic".

On one had you say invest but you are only concerned about the homeless vets, you do know they aren't alone? Viable small businesses have been destroyed LOL Invest.

As for whining never whined in my life no matter how sensitive your ears may be. I was fine and my business was fine for 40-plus years, till it was shut down for the 'pandemic" hit at the worst time.

financeband.com...

As of 2021, the top 10 percent of Americans owned an average of $969,000 in stocks. The next 40 percent owned $132,000 on average. For the bottom half of families, it was just under $54,000. In terms of what percent of Americans own stocks, the answer is about 52%, down from a high of 66% in 2007.

edit on 28-6-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-6-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Invest? with what? sounds like the last 3-4 years have been great for you, but you do know the vast majority of Americans lived paycheck to paycheck before the 'pandemic".

I don't know how to reply without appearing to be just trying to show off my good fortune. But yeah, life's been good to me since retiring from the military, marrying a Japanese actress and finishing medical school. 

As for Americans living paycheck to paycheck before the pandemic, maybe the wealthy evangelicals who want to MAGA should pay attention to scripture such as Acts 2:44-45 instead of trying to force other issues of morality that were never mentioned by Jesus and his disciples. 

edit on 28 6 2022 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I'm curious...

So you would have no moral issues investing in weapons manufacturers who are openly arming groups of people who have repeatedly violated the basic human rights of civilians in Syria and Ukraine?

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

I've openly admitted here before that I am a legit psychopath. I thought my joy whenever covid hospitalizations rise would be a dead giveaway (I profit), let alone my desire to reduce the human population (I won't be taxed more to support the future masses of unneeded workers).

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 12:14 PM
link   

I had being trying to tell that this to the Pro Ukrainian supporters on here for a while and yet they still believe that Russia would lose and have economic issues?

Russia has resources that would outlast most of EU, US currently.

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 12:15 PM
link   

I don't know how to reply without appearing to be just trying to show off my good fortune. But yeah, life's been good to me since retiring from the military, marrying a Japanese actress and finishing medical school. 

As for Americans living paycheck to paycheck before the pandemic, maybe the wealthy evangelicals who want to MAGA should pay attention to scripture such as Acts 2:44-45 instead of trying to force other issues of morality that were never mentioned by Jesus and his disciples. 

LOL don't get me wrong kudos to your hard work, service to your country, and good fortune.

It's just an outlier though.

So it's all to blame on the MAGA crowd okay let's go with that? As I'm not the MAGA crowd either BTW I don't want him to run again but

How exactly is the MAGA crowd responsible for our continued aid and support for Ukraine?

and lastly does your wife have a lonely sister?

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

Russian troops/Forces arent the ones that have low troop moral issues you still read the same nonsense that claimed that Ukraine would be able to win in the recent months.

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

To be honest the west as in US only.
Had being using agaisnt Russia since 2005.

Its only matter of time before they realize that they had being used up by US agaisnt Russia.
The US is using Japan and Taiwan agaisnt China its quite similar what they are doing in Ukraine.

When some say that US has allies? are they allies or vessel states?

edit on 28-6-2022 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

For the record, I do not get my information from the news or any other website.

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Officials are preparing the ground for a repetition of 1938. Putin is going to be offered the Sudetenland, the slice he claims to be fighting for.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join