It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real inflation up over 30% since Biden took office

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2022 @ 06:41 AM
link   
The inflation number year over The current inflation numbers show its up 8.6% year of year. But if we look back, we can see its even worse because Biden's inflation in May 2021 year of year was 5%. We are told these are the worst numbers in 41 years.

But actually its far worse than that. Because the way we calculate inflation has changed, if we used the metrics that we did 41 years ago, we can see actual inflation is up over 30% since Biden took office.

This website shows what inflation would be if we were using 1980's CPI.

www.shadowstats.com...

You can see Bidens first year in office was around 13%, his second year so far is 17%.

This is not sustainable, and the poor and working class are paying the price.

Who can afford a 30% increase in everything in a two year span? Well wealthy liberal elites can. The rest of us, not so much.

As Biden and his media allies blame everything from Putin to shipping companies for the economic disaster, real people are becoming desperate.

Consumers are resorting to paying bills with credit cards, which won’t end well. April saw the second highest month ever for credit card spending, with $17.8 billion in April. . The highest ever, the previous month of March.

twitter.com...

The lockdowns, the spending, the money printing and the war on energy; all of this was designed by our establishment, particularly the Democrats.

posted on Jun, 13 2022 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Been saying that all along.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2022 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

nice to see you slumming again. Yes, incomitance would be nice, then you could think someone smarter might step in and make it better. But when it's all planned, and going exactly as they wanted, there is little chance of anything changing course. This is all by design, and I haven't a clue what the end game really is.

We aren't at a point to switch over to EV's, we can't afford eggs. Plus the infrastructure isn't there. So the war on gas is a bit premature. And it's sofaking easy to see how to fix it, yet, no steps taken in that direction.

This is a fustercluck.

posted on Jun, 13 2022 @ 07:11 AM
link   
The shipping/logistical problem is bigger than is being let on.

They never solved the port back-ups, they are just keeping the boats past the horizon.

It's also being used to manipulate the GDP.

Any reasonable person can see we are in a recession.

But the current regime is intentionally deflating import numbers to keep GDP above negative. Because 2 consecutive quarters of negative growth = recession. They don't want to go into the mid-terms with an official recession.

This is why the regime has been visiting the port of LA at the end of the last few quarters, to ensure book cooking.

posted on Jun, 13 2022 @ 07:14 AM
link   

I remember the 70's gas shortages and price increases. If you don't have a locking gas cap - get one.

Two year treasury yield just rose above ten year borrowing costs. That is a yield curve inversion. Look for higher than expected interest rate hikes in the coming months. Most professionals consider this to be a warning that full blown recession in possible within the next year or two. Of course, that could change sooner or later depending on what actions are taken. With this administration, I would bet it will be sooner rather than later.
edit on 13-6-2022 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2022 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I always liked to believe it was just because the government was inept, it does seem now it's all likely by design.

posted on Jun, 13 2022 @ 07:53 AM
link   
All Roads Lead to Rome Oil.

Everything, nearly everything, is dependent on the price of crude oil, from production through transportation of any goods.

My view is that they got a bit too overzealous/out over their skies in their parabolic oil price increase program.

But everything's fine, no need to panic! I'm sure we'll have the Biden apologists in the thread presently, to defuse the concern with maudlin anecdotes about how their lives are fine, just fine.

(Cue "Thank you sir may I have another" meme)

posted on Jun, 13 2022 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

I remember the 70's gas shortages and price increases. If you don't have a locking gas cap - get one.

Times have changed, all vehicles have a check valve in the filler cap, almost impossible to use a siphon hose. If anything you’d need to put a 1” steel plate under the fuel tank, people are drilling holes now.

Haven’t seen a decline yet for airline travel, jet fuel is purchased in advance. This holiday winter travel will be interesting.

posted on Jun, 13 2022 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

They never solved the port back-ups, they are just keeping the boats past the horizon.

This logjam in the ports is why the US economic growth is outpacing china right now -- there is a chokehold on shipping vessels and containers while China is wasting metal, dollars, and labor on air craft carriers.

posted on Jun, 13 2022 @ 08:47 AM
link   
What I see is that the Biden administration is doing all it can to destroy the nation as quickly and efficiently as possible.

In the first week he signed Dictator Orders to end energy independence in the US and drive up the cost of gas, and forbid the production of any non-electric vehicles within a few short years; to save Gaia.

He said this was an "incredible transition" for the nation that he (now behaving as a King) was forcefully imposing on the nation a the transition to Electric Vehicles. He said that what he did as Dictator/King with orders that circumvented Democracy, was for the good of Gaia and would hurt the people but was worth the pain it caused the peon masses.

Biden acknowledged that his Dictator Orders would cause pain. The result, causing inflation so bad that people now have to decide between driving to work or eating and paying rent. So the Democrats say, take public transportation (the vector of disease transmission so bad that NYC who relies on it was decimated by disease in 2020). What public transportation? There is none in most of the nation to get to work, only in the elitist rich areas of DC, NYC, LA, not where the middle and lower classes live. (Let them eat cake, when there is no bread, the new mantra of the Democratic Party?)

What is going on? Is he purposely trying to destroy the nation from within?

He signed another Dictatorship Order last week denying lunch money for poor children from the federal government if their schools did not teach them the ABC's of LGBT.

Yesterday he signed another Dictator Order that hobbles police forces nationwide and basically takes away federal money for police forces when crime is at an all time high in the nation.

All I can think is:

One, I better think long and hard about getting a gun because if the Democratic Party has their way, it will soon be every person for themselves and the nation will be completely lawless like the old west, and every person for themselves.

Two, I'd better stock up now on all essentials before the coming (famine) food shortage that Biden promised would come to the nation and before prices get any higher.

Three, I'd better encourage everyone to get their kids out of the public school system as quickly as possible because now schools run by Biden voters, are secretly helping the littlest of children to transition to the opposite gender. They are even legally in some States, giving little children puberty blocking drugs without the parents permission or knowledge. Drugs that can cause permanent sterility.

Four, I have come to realize and must now behave as if the federal government under the Democrats wants to actually harm US citizens. As it did with starving babies by shutting down a formula factory for months on end, far longer than necessary, with bureaucratic red tape,

The nation has become Venezuela under Biden and the Democrats and as rapidly as it did in Venezuela, when a dictator turned a very rich nation into a poverty stricken nation where the middle class could not afford food to eat, and a barrel of money was what it took to buy the basic necessities of life.

ALL IN TWO SHORT YEARS THIS WAS ACCOMPLISHED WITH GREAT FANFARE AND JOY BY BIDEN VOTERS,
yes I am shouting with deep pain, agony, and frustration over how quickly and joyfully the Democratic Party did this to our nation.

The reaction of elitist rich Democrats who support all of this? Can't afford gas? Buy an EV. (to people who can't even afford food and rent, let alone a new car). We have entered a time where prominent Democratic Politicians are saying "They don't have bread? Let them eat cake instead."

edit on 6/13/22 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on Jun, 13 2022 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

posted on Jun, 13 2022 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Hey Grambler: the very day he was sworn in?

Or it was Mr. Clown's?

That minute? Admin of 4 yrs...that switched that minute to Biden...y'all scream it's him.

But, that of which you mply is not accurate.

1 day since? Or 4 years performance of the circus that got us there?

*I support neither bat-s--t Prez.

edit on 06222630America/ChicagoMon, 13 Jun 2022 08:57:26 -050057202200000026 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2022 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

He came into office saying coal and oil were going to be under attack.

Some of his first executive orders were to attack the oil industry, commodities market responded, oh he is going to create a shortage I better buy it up while I can and make a big profit. (this increases price of oil)

Conversely when Bush jr came into office and said we were going to open alaska and drill, the commodities market went Snip sold off oil and the price dropped almost overnight. (this lowers price of oil)

posted on Jun, 13 2022 @ 10:30 AM
link   
🤡 🤡 🤡

The entire world is seeing massive inflation because... bRaNdOn BaD!

No. Too much money was printed under Trump and Biden for covid purposes between 2020-2021.

Every dollar we print devalues every dollar in existence. The federal reserve is to blame.

posted on Jun, 13 2022 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

of course its more than just 1 idiot, but by strangling the oil sector in the US we are making the energy side of the equation worse everywhere we used to send oil to.

posted on Jun, 13 2022 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

of course its more than just 1 idiot, but by strangling the oil sector in the US we are making the energy side of the equation worse everywhere we used to send oil to.

Domestic oil production has not really decreased. It's a little lower than last year, but not enough to make a difference. Oil companies are price gouging us to make up for 2020 when the price of a barrel went negative.

posted on Jun, 13 2022 @ 10:42 AM
link   

So his anti-oil campaign (not allowing refineries, blocking drilling, revoking permits, trying to shutdown more pipelines) had nothing to do with a spike in prices in the commodities market?

Well gee thats a relief its just the ebil oil companies price gouging, if its the simple why has congress not looked into it then, should be easy to prove and a big PR win for the democrats?

posted on Jun, 13 2022 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

So his anti-oil campaign (not allowing refineries, blocking drilling, revoking permits, trying to shutdown more pipelines) had nothing to do with a spike in prices in the commodities market?

Well gee thats a relief its just the ebil oil companies price gouging, if its the simple why has congress not looked into it then, should be easy to prove and a big PR win for the democrats?

There are tens of thousands of approved permits not being used right now, and not a single pipeline has been shut down. It's not up to Joe Biden to make them use them after they're approved. That, again, lies in the hands of oil companies.

We are currently producing almost 12 million barrels of oil per day, and we are still the largest exporter in the world.

To the last question, because capitalism and monopolies. They can charge whatever they want, we suffer, they gain, and it's all legal.
edit on 13-6-2022 by LordAhriman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2022 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

It's also being used to manipulate the GDP.

Any reasonable person can see we are in a recession.

But the current regime is intentionally deflating import numbers to keep GDP above negative. Because 2 consecutive quarters of negative growth = recession. They don't want to go into the mid-terms with an official recession.

This is why the regime has been visiting the port of LA at the end of the last few quarters, to ensure book cooking.

But it's ok because when they go into a recession after they lose the midterms, they'll blame republicans and the sheep will eat up every word of it.

posted on Jun, 13 2022 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

Two year treasury yield just rose above ten year borrowing costs. That is a yield curve inversion. Look for higher than expected interest rate hikes in the coming months. Most professionals consider this to be a warning that full blown recession in possible within the next year or two. Of course, that could change sooner or later depending on what actions are taken. With this administration, I would bet it will be sooner rather than later.

My truck doesn't even have a gas cap. Supposedly it's guarded against thieves though. We'll see. They'll be drilling our tanks of they want the gas bad enough. Reminds me of how gas was like gold in Mad Max and its apocalyptic setting.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join