It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A trial of British mercenaries from the Azovstal plant began in Donetsk

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2022 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Hello ATS!

In Donetsk, the trial of mercenaries, "soldiers of fortune", British citizens Sean Pinner and Andrew Hill, as well as Moroccan Brahim Saadoun began. They are accused of mercenarism and committing crimes aimed at seizing and holding power by force, as well as being trained to carry out terrorist activities on the territory of the Donetsk People's Republic (DPR).

The defendants are said to face the death penalty. According to the DPR Criminal Code, punishment can include long prison terms, up to 20 years, or the death penalty, which the DPR Criminal Code allows under aggravating circumstances or in wartime. Given the situation, these mercenaries have a very high chance of receiving capital punishment.

The Supreme Court of the DPR has repeatedly handed down death sentences. This first happened in February 2016 and also in July 2018. During the trial of members of an armed group that kidnapped, robbed and killed people in 2014-2015, one person was sentenced to death, eight received a life sentence, and one received 13 years in prison. According to UN data from two years ago, the sentences have not yet been carried out.

Only the Head of the Donetsk People's Republic can cancel the sentence or mitigate it through a pardon on an individual basis.

On April 20, British Prime Minister Boris Johnson urged Russia to treat the prisoners with mercy. On June 7, British Deputy Prime Minister and head of the Ministry of Justice of the Kingdom Dominic Raab said that Britain would appeal the verdict.

However, in order to appeal the verdict of the court, it is necessary, at a minimum, to recognize this court. That is, in order to appeal the verdict, Britain must legally recognize the DPR.

I want to note that this is an ordinary court, not an international Tribunal. The Tribunal itself has not yet been established, the development of the Charter of the Tribunal is at the final stage.

Now almost 200 Nazis from Azov have already been transferred from places of detention to pre-trial detention centers, where investigators are conducting the necessary investigative measures with them as part of the initiated criminal cases.

Thank you.

posted on Jun, 8 2022 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

Death penalty my arse RussianTroll.

They will simply be used as bargain chips regarding the return of your own POW at some point.

As to the UK recognizing the DPR?

Does your Man Putin recognize Ukraine as a real nation?

As to the charge of "seizing and holding power by force".

I think you may find Putin's invasion force was first across the line there, talk about hypocrisy. LoL
edit on 8-6-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2022 @ 04:04 AM
link   

They look in better shape than the Russian soldiers captured by the Azof battalion. They look well fed and healthy.

posted on Jun, 8 2022 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Death penalty my arse RussianTroll.

They will simply be used as bargain chips regarding the return of your own POW at some point.

As to the UK recognizing the DPR?

Does your Man Putin recognize Ukraine as a real nation?

There are about 10,000 Ukrainian prisoners of war in captivity of the Russian army. A very large "exchange fund".

For recognition of the DPR, please contact Johnson.

posted on Jun, 8 2022 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

They look in better shape than the Russian soldiers captured by the Azof battalion. They look well fed and healthy.

This is true. All prisoners in the DPR, LPR and Russia are under constant monitoring by a large number of international public and human rights organizations.

Unfortunately, Russia's appeal to the International Red Cross with a request to monitor the condition of Russian prisoners in Ukraine has not been answered for a very long time.

posted on Jun, 8 2022 @ 04:27 AM
link   

I think Boris is a little busy hiding in a fridge recovering from his confidence vote shenanigans to be interested in recognizing the DPR at the moment.

Our Office for National Statistics estimates about 73,000 people born in Russia to be residents in the UK.

Start executing people from here buddy and the whack jobs on our beloved little island are apt to start targeting your own innocent people.

Like i say, my guess is they will be used as bargain chips.

posted on Jun, 8 2022 @ 04:33 AM
link   

I think Boris is a little busy hiding in a fridge recovering from his confidence vote shenanigans to be interested in recognizing the DPR at the moment.

Our Office for National Statistics estimates about 73,000 people born in Russia to be residents in the UK.

Start executing people from here buddy and the whack jobs on our beloved little island are apt to start targeting your own innocent people.

Like i say, my guess is they will be used as bargain chips.

I understand that you are proposing to take hostage people on a racial basis who have not committed crimes in Britain, and exchange them for criminals and terrorists.

Question 1. Do you accept that Britain is a terrorist state like ISIS?

Question 2. There are a lot of Jews among the citizens of Russia who are in Britain. Are you going to carry out a second Holocaust?

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 8 2022 @ 04:39 AM
link   

I understand that you are proposing to take hostage people on a racial basis who have not committed crimes in Britain, and exchange them for criminals and terrorists.

Your misunderstanding, im not up for hurting anyone RussianTroll, but there are crazy people out there that won't see it that way if you start executing what they will see as British soldiers who will seek retribution and to return the favor.

Question 1. Do you accept that Britain is a terrorist state like ISIS?

No not in the slightest.

Question 2. There are a lot of Jews among the citizens of Russia who are in Britain. Are you going to carry out a second Holocaust?

Thats nice there are all sorts of people over here, to my knowledge, its your neck of the woods where Holocausts and Jews get executed mate, not ours.

And how many people did Stalin's regime wipe off the face of the Earth?

About 20 million souls by some accounts.

posted on Jun, 8 2022 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Calm down my friend. I do know you. I'm teasing you out of friendly motives, for good.)))

posted on Jun, 8 2022 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Im cool as a Cucumber buddy, well i have had about six coffees, so maybe not. LoL

Honest mate there are people over here that will lose the plot if they start executing British troops, mercenaries or otherwise, and seek retribution amongst the wrong sort of innocent people.

Their family and friends spring to mind for one.

It would go down like a lead balloon and simply serve to inflame the situation probably causing more people to go off and fight.

posted on Jun, 8 2022 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Good, they deserve what they get.

posted on Jun, 8 2022 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Your misunderstanding, im not up for hurting anyone RussianTroll, but there are crazy people out there that won't see it that way if you start executing what they will see as British soldiers who will seek retribution and return the favor.

Thats the problem...

They are Soldiers Of Fortune,Mercenaries...

Nationality of said , doesn't apply.

Stay Safe

Riouz

posted on Jun, 8 2022 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Riouz5

If that was the case i imagine they would be called simply "mercenaries" and not "British Mercenaries".

They will be used, and are being used, to further the propaganda cause and fan the flames Riouz5.

Make no mistake about that.

If they were not pieces on the chess board before, they sure as hell are now.

posted on Jun, 8 2022 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Honest mate there are people over here that will lose the plot if they start executing British troops, mercenaries or otherwise, and seek retribution amongst the wrong sort of innocent people.

Are you one of those people?

posted on Jun, 8 2022 @ 05:15 AM
link   
So let me get this right RT..

British Mercenaries in Ukraine- Illegal.Death penalty or twenty years in jail.

Russian Mercenaries(Wagner group) in Ukraine-No problem,totally legal.

Only Russia is legally allowed to send mercs to fight in another country.
How dare any other country do the same as Russia-Thats illegal!

posted on Jun, 8 2022 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Are you one of those people?

Not in the slightest.

But i do know what time it is and understand the heated temperature of the situation.

Same question to yourself all the same, are you one of those people?

posted on Jun, 8 2022 @ 05:17 AM
link   

I understand. But you also understand ordinary people in the DPR. For example, it has been proven that Andrew Hill was a sniper, although at first he assured that he was a cook. How many he killed the military and civilians in the Donbass? The court will determine. And every person killed there has the same kind of relatives as Hill had in Britain. How to be with them?

posted on Jun, 8 2022 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Perhaps....

But they are Definitely Not British Soldiers..

Stay Safe

Riouz

link   

If he was a sniper RussianTroll then i imagine it would have been his job to kill people as unfortunate as the case may be.

I think the outcome of the court is a guaranteed guilty verdict for all 3, that goes without saying really.

Still don't see them being executed.

And if they were executed all it would serve to achieve is to bring more people just like them into the game and provoke retribution attacks.

link   
Go to foreign countries to kill people, expect to face the music and lose your life or liberty.

So there is that as well.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join