It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A trial of British mercenaries from the Azovstal plant began in Donetsk

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2022 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
a reply to: RussianTroll
So let me get this right RT..

British Mercenaries in Ukraine- Illegal.Death penalty or twenty years in jail.

Russian Mercenaries(Wagner group) in Ukraine-No problem,totally legal.

Only Russia is legally allowed to send mercs to fight in another country.
How dare any other country do the same as Russia-Thats illegal!

Let's talk about hundreds of Western, British, American, Polish, etc. private military companies (PMCs) ranging from Eric Prince's Blackwater, Al Clark's Academi (Xe Services LLC) to hundreds of smaller PMCs that have killed and are currently killing people and civilians in a huge number of countries around the world?

posted on Jun, 8 2022 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Riouz5

Whatever they were, they are puppets now.

Good luck to them, look like they are going to need it.

You stay safe also Riouz, and happy travels.

posted on Jun, 8 2022 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dalamax
Go to foreign countries to kill people, expect to face the music and lose your life or liberty.

So there is that as well.

a reply to: andy06shake

Exactly..

Well said

Stay Safe

Riouz

posted on Jun, 8 2022 @ 05:29 AM
link   

You too my friend

Thanks

Riouz

posted on Jun, 8 2022 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Dalamax

I don't necessarily disagree Dalamax.

Not a situation anyone in their right mind would willingly place themselves in unless they had to.

Still don't see them being executed all the same as they have more sway alive than dead by my guesstimate.
edit on 8-6-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2022 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Riouz5

If that was the case i imagine they would be called simply "mercenaries" and not "British Mercenaries".

They will be used, and are being used, to further the propaganda cause and fan the flames Riouz5.

Make no mistake about that.

If they were not pieces on the chess board before, they sure as hell are now.

Lol. Did they renounce their citizenships to become mercenaries?

I’m guessing that they have British passports and are therefore British?

They’re sponge headed Ned’s what need a good spanking. Did I get the verbiage correct?

Buy the ticket, take the ride. Don’t whinge when a court orders you to be put to death for being a foreign fighter in a domestic conflict.

posted on Jun, 8 2022 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

If he was a sniper RussianTroll then i imagine it would have been his job to kill people as unfortunate as the case may be.

I think the outcome of the court is a guaranteed guilty verdict for all 3, that goes without saying really.

Still don't see them being executed.

And if they were executed all it would serve to achieve is to bring more people just like them into the game and provoke retribution attacks.

Darwin wins again lol.

posted on Jun, 8 2022 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Dalamax

Lol. Did they renounce their citizenships to become mercenaries?

I think one of them has been in Ukraine for 4 years or so, in their army, with kids and a wife over there and a Ukrainian passport if its the same fellow.

I’m guessing that they have British passports and are therefore British?

You would need to ask them.

They’re sponge headed Ned’s what need a good spanking. Did I get the verbiage correct?

Pretty much bang on the money. LoL

And executing and making them martyrs would bring a lot more of the same to similar sorts out the woodwork to champion there cause as misguided as it may be.

Buy the ticket, take the ride. Don’t whinge when a court orders you to be put to death for being a foreign fighter in a domestic conflict.

All very eloquently put, but i don't see the court doing that.

My bet is they get 20 to life for the time being and then swapped at some point in the not to distant for Russian POW of some sort.

posted on Jun, 8 2022 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Is this video confirmed as legit or is it just Russian trololo. I mean how convenient that those men understand Russian, and even answer in Russian.

posted on Jun, 8 2022 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
So let me get this right RT..

British Mercenaries in Ukraine- Illegal.Death penalty or twenty years in jail.

Russian Mercenaries(Wagner group) in Ukraine-No problem,totally legal.

Only Russia is legally allowed to send mercs to fight in another country.
How dare any other country do the same as Russia-Thats illegal!

Let's talk about hundreds of Western, British, American, Polish, etc. private military companies (PMCs) ranging from Eric Prince's Blackwater, Al Clark's Academi (Xe Services LLC) to hundreds of smaller PMCs that have killed and are currently killing people and civilians in a huge number of countries around the world?

We could talk about those things but it'll just evolve into what aboutisms where we'll all develop sides and proceed to lob crap at each others walls since Russians here are incapable of scrutinizing the ills of their nation.

Maybe it's the degradation of language, civil wars became so civil they invited everyone and therefore lost their meaning? Thanks Syria.

Anyways do I detect a hint of jealousy? I can never tell when you talk about nefarious power play stuff and those bloody foreigners.

posted on Jun, 8 2022 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Apparently both of them have lived in Ukraine since 2018 and I'm sure I recall reading somewhere that both had married Ukrainian women and had families.
They were part of the the regular Ukrainian Army and considered Ukraine their home.

posted on Jun, 8 2022 @ 06:36 AM
link   

So you're cool with Russia committing war crimes? Officially, these men are part of the Ukrainian military. Therefore they are not mercs and they should be afforded all protections given to any POW.

posted on Jun, 8 2022 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll

Yep,Blackwater and XE or whatever they are now called are both deplorable mercenary outfits,just like your Wagner group.
And they are also responsible for heinous war crimes.
I disagreed with the use of Blackwater in Iraq and Afghanistan as that form of fighter makes war corporate which I believe is repulsive.
Its a grey area of warfare which by its very nature facilitates wars crimes IMO.
Governments use mercs to do the things they themselves would not be allowed to do under the rules of war.

Anyway my point was that Russia look a bit silly if they take foreign mercs to court-when Russia themselves are using mercs in a foreign land.

Will they take their own Mercs to the same court-as they are doing the exact same thing as these British mercs?

posted on Jun, 8 2022 @ 07:14 AM
link   

"Now almost 200 Nazis from Azov have already been transferred from places of detention to pre-trial detention centers, where investigators are conducting the necessary investigative measures with them as part of the initiated criminal cases."

Why bother? You've already decided that they are Nazis.

Your judicial process is farcical.

posted on Jun, 8 2022 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I don't think facts will matter much in the courts in question Freeborn.

Aside of course from the ones they wish to present.

Poor sods are nothing more than propaganda pieces now to be paraded about and shown on camera.

Short of a not guilty verdict, which is about as lightly i imagine as an apology from Vladimir Putin, their future is pretty bleak for the foreseeable.

Good luck to them.

posted on Jun, 8 2022 @ 07:36 AM
link   

I don't think they'll get the death penalty - I could easily be wrong, I hope not - but they are definitely going to be used for propaganda purposes.
Russia will milk it for everything they can get out of it.

Hopefully they will be treated well - they do appear to be in fine health etc - and will eventually be part of some sort of POW exchange.

posted on Jun, 8 2022 @ 07:40 AM
link   

I don't think they'll get the death penalty

I don't know. I think Russia is going to want to make an example out of all those Azovstal defenders for making Russia look so foolish.

posted on Jun, 8 2022 @ 07:46 AM
link   

I don't think they will be executed nether.

Serve a better purpose alive, for the time being any road.

Hell of a spin of the coin all the same.

Some peeps might prefer death to life in a Russian gulag or gaol.

20 years to life and eventually exchanged for Russian POW is my bet also.

posted on Jun, 8 2022 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dalamax
Go to foreign countries to kill people, expect to face the music and lose your life or liberty.

So there is that as well.

But when the Russians do it it is all fun and games and allowed.

Nobody bats an eye when kadyrovs goons get send in.

posted on Jun, 8 2022 @ 09:24 AM
link   
They need to be made a Esample of !
So no more UK mercenaries or any country
sends mercenaries to join in a war
they have Nothing to do with.
from a Brit.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join