It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. senator pleads for action on gun violence

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

The logic that they can't wrap their heads around is that mentally stable and law abiding citizens with guns are more prevalent than the mentally compromised.

That's a good thing because:

THERE WILL ALWAYS BE MENTALLY UNSTABLE PEOPLE THAT ROAM FREELY AMONGST US....(moreso since the 80's..)

DEAL WITH IT.

OR, you reopen the mental asylums and start leasing rubber "studios".

That's it.

You can't have it both ways. You can't be soft on crime and simultaneously be pushing to disarm the general public. That is fkn moronic and no one is going to allow that to happen.

I, for one, am not going to be unarmed as these individuals roam freely. They can preach "run, hide, plead and die" all they want. My right to life and self-preservation is beyond the Constitution.

⭐+🇺🇸
edit on 5/24/2022 by EternalShadow because: eta

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
I don’t know… all I know is that when a society of people feel like it’s totally normal and necessary to rock up to the local grocery store armed… then there is an obvious fundamental problem within that society.

… just sayin.

Do you think people in the Middle Ages who walked around with blades thought there was a fundamental problem with that part of there society or was it just ....duh

edit on 24-5-2022 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

I don’t know… all I know is that when a society of people feel like it’s totally normal and necessary to rock up to the local grocery store armed…

Its been that way through out human history, and its never been a huge problem, it only became a problem a really BIG problem Starting around the 90s, when the forced WOKE culture really started hammering.

No one wants to address this, the ONLY difference between now and history is what were doing now to our KIDS and our culture

Weapons are not the problem never were

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
I don’t know… all I know is that when a society of people feel like it’s totally normal and necessary to rock up to the local grocery store armed… then there is an obvious fundamental problem within that society.

… just sayin.

Despite your best efforts, you actually said something true here.

There is a serious problem with our society in that we have a massive crime problem that the government won't address because that's "racist," which leaves average citizens with no choice but to defend themselves.

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
Everyone trying to exploit these dead kids for political gain is despicable.

Yup,
Ted Cruz is so good at that, pity he is so good at that.....while his timing is pathetic innit?

Ted Cruz..check, NRA elitist check, Ted Cruz, Russian elitist, check...NRA Russian elitists .org check, Ted Cruz, Russian elitist, or rather dogsbody, and Yup, he opened his political gain-gub again tonight only adding to his universal dislike-ability. A bit like this thread actually, as another 21 bodies, maybe more, lie waiting to be buried.

Does NOBODY HERE READ anything from any other source?...just to, 'protect' themselves!

Page saved!

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: optimisticcontrarian

I don’t know… all I know is that when a society of people feel like it’s totally normal and necessary to rock up to the local grocery store armed…

Its been that way through out human history, and its never been a huge problem, it only became a problem a really BIG problem Starting around the 90s, when the forced WOKE culture really started hammering.

No one wants to address this, the ONLY difference between now and history is what were doing now to our KIDS and our culture

Coincidentally that is also when we started getting the media sensationalizing these shootings too.

Media coverage literally changed the type of gun these maniacs select. Most mass shootings involved handguns until about 10 years ago. There was a sharp change in that once the media started sensationalizing the AR-15. Now a lot of the shooters pick that gun specifically because they know they will get more media coverage.

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Coincidentally that is also when we started getting the media sensationalizing these shootings too.

Media coverage literally changed the type of gun these maniacs select. Most mass shootings involved handguns until about 10 years ago. There was a sharp change in that once the media started sensationalizing the AR-15. Now a lot of the shooters pick that gun specifically because they know they will get more media coverage.

absolutely agreed on every point

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

Yup,
Ted Cruz is so good at that, pity he is so good at that.....while his timing is pathetic innit?

Ted Cruz..check, NRA elitist check, Ted Cruz, Russian elitist, check...NRA Russian elitists .org check, Ted Cruz, Russian elitist, or rather dogsbody, and Yup, he opened his political gain-gub again tonight only adding to his universal dislike-ability. A bit like this thread actually, as another 21 bodies, maybe more, lie waiting to be buried.

Does NOBODY HERE READ anything from any other source?...just to, 'protect' themselves!

Page saved!

Congrats, you are exactly what I was talking about. The lowest of the low, trying to exploit dead kids.

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Yup,

Page saved!

Congrats, you are exactly what I was talking about. The lowest of the low, trying to exploit dead kids.

Tell that to Ted Cruz, he's the one that has done the political speechifying already, he's a total disgrace..are you into Cruz/NRA/Russian influence/credibility damage limitation?

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Yup,

Page saved!

Tell that to Ted Cruz, he's the one that has done the political speechifying already, he's a total disgrace..are you into Cruz/NRA/Russian influence/credibility damage limitation?

Mate the odd Republican looking to politicize this shooting does not stand up to the Entire Democrat Party lining up taking turns politicizing this shooting .

Why is it that you think pointing out the exception is going to prove your point ? There is always an exception and it's a weak argument to simply go straight for that .
edit on 24-5-2022 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Ultimately it really doesn't matter what implement they use, the fact is that there are very sick individuals out there who will continue to do this as this is an unfortunate facet of our species.

If someone isn't carrying ANYTHING for self protection, that's a terrible choice but it's an option.🤷🏾‍♂️

In the face of overwhelming evidence that these people do, and will continually exist to create these horrors as history has shown, the government's idea is to limit EVERYONE'S ability to confront these inevitable events.

More people die that way as a consequence, which makes it easier to bend the public to their agenda.

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 09:53 PM
link   

The Dems are despicable in more ways than one.

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Ok so I have a solution. A lot of people don’t realize there are some pretty simple things school districts can do to harden the school to prevent something like this from happening again:

Have only one point of entry into the school.
Have a full time trained armed security guard in site wearing body armor or Kevlar. Or hire a full time police officer on site. I mean every bank has one. Why not have this for our kids which should be more important then money. I mean the airplane you get in is protected by armed TSA agents.

Metal detectors.
Make it easier to flag a high risk kid without teachers or staff being afraid of being sued by overzealous parents trying to get money from the district.

After sandy hook why hadn’t all 16800 school districts implemented these things for every school?
Don’t talk to me about fire code those schools are made of all cinderblock and kids well get out…jeez
Fire code is bureaucratic BS

So now after I have researched why this hasn’t been done I get a lot of well we don’t have the budget or it’s too inconvenient. How many mass shootings have we had at the TSA line? It’s a HARD TARGET. We need to make our schools like the airports.

So let’s solve the money problem. We just printed over 4 trillion dollars the last 2 years for the RONA … oh and we borrowed 40 billion from China to send to Ukraine.

I did the math if we just printed 500 billion dollars and we called it the “ protect kids act” and sent that money to 16800 school districts in the USA. I googled it that’s how many there are. That is 30 million dollars to each school districts to implement my recommendations above.

I think it would be a great start.

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Yup,

Page saved!

I'll tell it to you, because you are here. It's reprehensible that you are trying to exploit those dead kids for political gain. And that is exactly what you're doing. You'll twist it around and pretend you're not, but it is. It's disgusting. You are disgusting. Stop trying to exploit dead kids.

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Brassmonkey

and go back to the old days where teachers had to have a psych eval and be vetted before they are allowed to be teachers

Then at that point, arm the teachers

Teachers jobs use to be much much more of a stringent hiring process , it needs to go back to that

Now we have people teaching kids that are basically kids themselves with no degree in what they are actually teaching, and barely of their background even looked in to

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Brassmonkey

Regardless of what anyone thinks is the solution to the root cause, it's pretty obvious that there isn't going to be a fix anytime soon.

So, with that in mind, you would think that in the meantime everyone could get on board with measure like this, to protect kids until we figure out the more complicated parts.

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

Expected from the Left really.

Nothing to be said other than this.

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92
or is there something happening with mental health

You think that kid was the picture of Sanity?

But how do you check that when someone is buying a gun?

I want to know what would motivate an 18 year old to go after kids that are 10 years old or less. The school was only 2nd, 3rd, and 4th graders.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join