It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a tectonic shift of the European security landscape

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 10:10 AM
link   
“According to Borrell, combined defense spending, across the bloc, has increased by only 20% from 1999 to 2021, compared to 66% for the US, 292% for Russia and 592% for China.

The events in Ukraine have resulted in “a tectonic shift of the European security landscape,” the diplomat insisted. “Now it is clear that Europe is in danger.”
www.rt.com...

So, Europe has decided to let the USofA defend them and not invest is self defence
Poor Russia, getting smashed by Europe in Ukraine and what, Europe have no weapons left so the US has to resupply Ukraine
I read an article recently that suggested Russia had used @ 10% of its existing stockpile in Ukraine and mostly older/outdated weapons (yes, that may not be true but it wasn’t a RT article)
Interesting how the EU have pretty much conceded incompetence, seems Russia knew something
Now with China all but looming over Taiwan, weapons for Europe?

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
I read an article recently that suggested Russia had used @ 10% of its existing stockpile in Ukraine and mostly older/outdated weapons (yes, that may not be true but it wasn’t a RT article)

lol, the implication that a random unnamed article is still more reliable source than a Russia Today article.

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 10:20 AM
link   

“The most obvious example” of such shortfalls are “the depleted stockpiles resulting from the military support we provided to Ukraine” Borrell wrote in his blog on Sunday.

“According to Borrell, combined defense spending, across the bloc, has increased by only 20% from 1999 to 2021, compared to 66% for the US, 292% for Russia and 592% for China.

The events in Ukraine have resulted in “a tectonic shift of the European security landscape,” the diplomat insisted. “Now it is clear that Europe is in danger.”
www.rt.com...

So, Europe has decided to let the USofA defend them and not invest is self defence
Poor Russia, getting smashed by Europe in Ukraine and what, Europe have no weapons left so the US has to resupply Ukraine
Interesting how the EU have pretty much conceded incompetence, seems Russia knew something

Ummm...he also stated that the European Union had depleted all of it's stockpiles of weapons...and shipped them to Ukraine...

Which would make this the opportune time for a would be aggressor to...aggress...

Not saying one should...

What a..."The Emperor has no clothes"...admission...

EU's weapon stockpile depleted

“The most obvious example” of such shortfalls are “the depleted stockpiles resulting from the military support we provided to Ukraine” Borrell wrote in his blog on Sunday.

YouSir
edit on 23-5-2022 by YouSir because: I came early...

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants

lol, the implication that a random unnamed article is still more reliable source than a Russia Today article.

Google can be your friend as well.
Research, come back at me with facts, I am not a news service and I did qualify what I said as opinion/ rumour

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Not trying to offend you, just thought it was funny how you put that

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants

Not trying to offend you, just thought it was funny how you put that

My apologies, I find it difficult to trust any media source from anywhere and hence, kind of hard to say something and a bit touchy
At least RT linked their sources and they were direct from the EU
Best I can do

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 11:00 AM
link   

www.rt.com...

So that takes Russian defence spending up to about 1/3 of the EU total....

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 11:07 AM
link   
"Europe in danger"???? Yeah, it is in danger, from a nut job sitting in the White house ramping up the rhetoric and feeding the Ukrainians weapons. Of course if SHTF the White house is very far from Europe. But I would like all the warhawks to keep their big mouths shut cos Putin DOES NOT want to invade ANY other European country. The man can only just run Russia never mind taking and running any other country.

And talking about Ukraine, Putin did NOT want the whole of Ukraine but just the Eastern and Southern parts. He's got them now give him a chance to come to an agreement. Or are you all gonna keep the saucepan of crap boiling by saying "he doesn't deserve any part of Ukraine cos he invaded".

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
"Europe in danger"???? Yeah, it is in danger, from a nut job sitting in the White house ramping up the rhetoric and feeding the Ukrainians weapons. Of course if SHTF the White house is very far from Europe. But I would like all the warhawks to keep their big mouths shut cos Putin DOES NOT want to invade ANY other European country. The man can only just run Russia never mind taking and running any other country.

And talking about Ukraine, Putin did NOT want the whole of Ukraine but just the Eastern and Southern parts. He's got them now give him a chance to come to an agreement. Or are you all gonna keep the saucepan of crap boiling by saying "he doesn't deserve any part of Ukraine cos he invaded".

He doesn't deseve any part of Ukraine. You don't accept the actions of an invader just because its easier.

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Terrible idea, that would almost guarantee another war in 10-20 years. And what about Moldova for example, why does Putin have troops there if he doesn't want it?

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Just a small part, like the Ukrainian version of Sudetenland, we can call it 'Crimea' which is a name I just made up at random.

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Just a small part, like the Ukrainian version of Sudetenland, we can call it 'Crimea' which is a name I just made up at random.

The main difference being the wehrmacht was actually competent.

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Not sure how you work that out, be grateful for an explanation
C’ya

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Not sure how you work that out, be grateful for an explanation
C’ya

Russia spends about 66billion US on defence

EU spends around 200 billion US .

Simple division got me the rest of the way.

The moral being % increases can be misleadimg.

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Well how about they saved ALL those billions and spent them on the people instead of pushing violence all the while.

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Well how about they saved ALL those billions and spent them on the people instead of pushing violence all the while.

Yes it would be great if Russia did that.

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 11:54 AM
link   
It would be better if everyone did that.

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 11:55 AM
link   

It would be better if everyone did that.

Yep but not going to happen while Russia keeps invading neighbouring countries.

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 01:05 PM
link   
If the German contributions to Ukraine are representative, it is more like the EU is emptying stockpiles of older weapons their current military forces won't use in a war.

That is not to say the EU countries should not do more to shore up their own military forces.

But the issue is more basic than that. For DECADES, EU policy assumed, based on wishful thinking, that there were no real threats 'out there'. Never mind that Russia had morphed into a nuclear-armed version of the Weimar Republic, complete with toxic nationalism; and, that there were hundreds of millions of people in Africa and Middle East who looked at the European standard of living like it was heaven on earth.

NOW ... the ideologues in Brussels and the various national capitals are waking up to the realization that their security outlook was incredibly mistaken.

Cheers

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Can't access RT as they're blocked for being a government disinformation service , the alleged “Now it is clear that Europe is in danger.” is clearly ridiculous , the only way Europe is in danger from Russia is it's Nuclear capability and if it comes to that there will be no winners.

Some countries .... ahem , Germany , have skimped on defence but others ... the UK , have maintained our 2% of GDP commitment.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join