It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Talking To Yourself.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Ouch, but is that accurate?

Is posting on ATS, for example, talking to myself?

Firstly, we're writing, not "talking" at all.

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

Maybe it once was, how do you describe an e-mail?

Like a silent phone-call.

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I wouldn't know, but I talk to myself all the time. I hold long conversations both with myself, with imaginary characters in made up stories, and people I would like to talk to in conversations I wish I could have. I also talk to inanimate objects; sometimes they're smarter than the actual people.

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 09:27 PM
link   
But now we got Skype and many streaming options.

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I mean I get the metaphor, or analogy.

But it's no longer totally realized.

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

We are all just whistling in the dark out here. Sometimes, the dark whistles back, and we have to decide if it's an echo or a trick or some dark wanderer passing in the night.

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Are the voices in my head too loud? Do they bother you? I will try to keep them more quiet but they sometimes don't cooperate with requests.

I have been known to have a conversation with my hand while it was cleverly desguised as a puppet.

Then again, I can't count all the times at and near conventions that people think I am carrying a real animal and not a goat puppet.
edit on 5 22 2022 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Botswana's Bushmen:

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I only talk to myself when I am working on something and things go wrong. I have to say that I am not talking to myself though, I am talking to a rusty bolt, the rototiller and lawnmower that lost spark, and maybe the deer or gold fish. I also talk to the cats, but they understand me better than most people do...they just ACT ignorant.

People these days talking on their phones with ear buds would have been called nuts years ago. We heard the cops on the scanner talking about someone calling in about a weird guy talking to the fish in the stream. Probably on the phone, but I have to admit, I talk to fish when I see them in streams and lakes...strange thing is they will come towards you when you talk to them...which really seems impossible but it has happened many times through my life. I used to fish a lot and caught a lot of fish and this is one of the things I learned over sixty five years ago. But if you walk near the bank without talking, they take off or won't bite. I have had friends as fish in the past, to be honest, they were better friends than some of my old friends were.

Just tell people you are not talking to yourself, you are practicing to talk to alexa or Hey Google.

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Oh yeah:

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 11:52 PM
link   
R.E.M. - Stand in the place where you live.

edit on 22-5-2022 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 11:57 PM
link   

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Tipi:

Body-building basics!

edit on 23-5-2022 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 12:27 AM
link   
This is so sad:

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: halfoldman
Ouch, but is that accurate?

Is posting on ATS, for example, talking to myself?

Firstly, we're writing, not "talking" at all.

It depends on who you address. If you're addressing yourself in the OP, than yes, you're "typing" to yourself, unless you talk out loud when typing, therefore you'd be talking to yourself in the latter circumstance, again unless there's an audience, and depending on your intent and their desire, you wouldn't be talking to yourself. But in the end, if a tree falls in the forest and no one was around to see it, did it make a sound? The fact that someone has laid eyes upon your post verifies you are not in-fact talking or typing to yourself no matter how hard you try.

Ah, the possibilities.

Considering you began your OP with opening questions, anyone that opens the post to read it would be there-fore reading it, and you would be therefore typing to them.

However, you can attempt to address yourself in the first person, just hope no one comes along with the same name as you IRL or spoofed online. But again, if someone opens the post and reads what you've written, regardless you'd be typing to someone else.
edit on J49522 by JimmyNeutr0n because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I talk to myself .
Why ?
I enjoy an intelligent conversation every now and then .

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Freezing either way.

But "talking" and "writing".

Call it the same, but there's a major difference.

So no, not "talking" to myself.

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Helloween - Time Marches ...

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
Whoo Hoo!

That means I'm not crazy, right? Cause I do all that too.

Or... We both are.

I'm going with the first one.

LOL I used to share an office with a guy. After 3 years, he could almost tell, when I was talking to him, and when I was talking to myself.
edit on 23-5-2022 by chiefsmom because: addition

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 09:34 AM
link   
A movie summary from Iceland - Lamb.

Well what can you say?
Meh.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join