It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sexual minorities given preference.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
Some gays can't even get a cake made. And straight white guys are now playing the victim?

When did straight white guys becomes so afraid of gays and Disney?

Seriously?

Where ever did you get 'afraid' from? Just sick of the double standards. Strange you didn't include phobe in you typical style comment.

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: jerich0

Merit is white supremacy now. So to get a job because you earned it is wrong. You need to have it because you top out in the progressive stack somehow.

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: jerich0
Stuck in the 80's I see... it's 2022 dude. Do you ever open your eyes, or do you stay in a constant dreamlike state?

Do I have to actually play the role of straight, white victim to get with the times?

Nah, you play the roll of internet troll.

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

did she play as a lesbian I take it, as that is the premise of the thread, sexuality

from what i am to understand, I am currently waiting to be replaced by a member of the LGBT community, who will then get more money and do less work according to OP, I should not have my job as I am straight and endangered, forget the fact i have had 5+ jobs in my lifetime and to do so I had to have an interview and not once have I been asked which hole I like to fill.

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: UpThenDown

No, she was a "Native American" because she had high cheekbones. She used the information freely all throughout her life to get advantages as a minority. And institutions that hired her also used it to claim diversity in their departments.

It fits in with progressive stack ideology. She was an oppressed victim as a Native American, not so much as Elizabeth Warren, straight white woman.

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: The2Billies

Weird. I have 5 kids grades 6-11, and none of them are learning anything of the sort. It's almost like you believe everything you read online that fits the narrative that you want to believe.

originally posted by: ketsuko
Shhhhh, you died, remember?

Shouldn't you be signing off as dead dude now?

Ope! Sry.

-dead dude

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Just keep pushing that pendulum one day it will take to much to keep pushing and it will swing back

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: markovian

We're already starting to get there. See Buffalo shooter, although that was a case of the two ends stepping to far back they bumped into each other.

edit on 21-5-2022 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: jerich0
Stuck in the 80's I see... it's 2022 dude. Do you ever open your eyes, or do you stay in a constant dreamlike state?

Do I have to actually play the role of straight, white victim to get with the times?

Nah, you play the roll of internet troll.

lmfo.. but shhh, don't tell him we know.

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 09:41 AM
link   

No agenda here...

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 09:46 AM
link   

There is some of this in my med industry: 2 equally qualified....but....for lack of a better term"...1 perceived "different" gets the job.

Appears employers may be afraid to NOT give those the job...and might be discriminated against. Bosses do not want that.

Fair? Nope. Is it happening? Yes. Everywhere....too afraid to discriminate.

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Husband lost one job early one to an equally qualified minority woman. He was told that without explicitly being told that. It was a government position, of course. Ironically, if he had been using the full expression of his background, he at least would have matched on the minority scale, but likely still would have lost for being male.

He doesn't claim his Native American background because he was adopted. Since he has not been raised with any real cultural heritage from his Native American grandparent, he does not feel it fair to claim that background although he absolutely has that genetic background. He's 1/8th; more than Warren claimed.

When we were filling out school enrollment paperwork for our son, we were asked about his racial background, and we answered honestly. He is 1/16th Native American qualifying as a minority still. Imagine our surprise and awkward feelings when he brought home a certificate at the end of this year for high academic achievement as an Indian. We don't even know for sure what tribe it is (one of the ones on the East coast) let alone having any cultural connection! We only answered the question on racial grounds, not cultural. And my husband certainly views Native American as a cultural thing as much as a racial one when we talk about claiming scholarships and that sort of thing.

Culturally, our son is as white bread as they come because that's how we've been raised and live.

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 10:21 AM
link   
New Press Secretary Didn't get that Job by Expertise.
Just one Example.
a reply to: anonentity

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Dang i almost forgot about Pocohontas.

a reply to: ketsuko

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Your Right that's Just Plain and Simple STUPIDITY.

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: bluesman462002
New Press Secretary Didn't get that Job by Expertise.
Just one Example.

It's embarrassing.

I don't care who or what has the job so long as they are the best person for it, but it's become patently obvious that with this administration, what makes a person the best one for a job depends on who or what they are more than on whether or not they can actually do the job. Oh sure, they might be minimally qualified for it ensuring a bare minimum of ability, but what really matters is if they check off some kind of diversity box and preferably more than one all at once.

So we end up with mediocrities where we really should have experts, the very best, but then again, merit is racist and white supremacist.

What I can't figure out is how we are supposed to compete as a country once this agenda fully takes hold. Do we whine at China for being white supremacist when they conquer us and expect them to stop in shame?

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: The2Billies

I'm in my 40's. Never had any CRT in school. Besides, I don't think CRT teaches anything about gender or sexuality.

I DO have to go to a training seminar next month called Inclusive Leadership, because I somehow made it up to the top at my facility whilst being a straight, white male.

Give me a break.

Once again here's that "A" word again, let's say it together A N C E D O T A L.

Here is real evidence that what t2b is inferring. Regardless of how your individual situation is or isn't.

nypost.com...

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Nah, it's all about pigeonholing people these days. In school, I actually had people inject their preferences into debate on just about everything.

Prof - Should this city spend $14 million on road construction?
Student A - With current budget outlooks it could take 15-20 years to repay
Student B - As a Non-binary lesbian, I would assume that the city could increase their sales of bonds
Me - ????

Seeing as it was inevitable, I started referring to myself as a "CIS heteronormative _presenting_ nonbinary monosexual" at every opportunity.

It's really nothing new. I was an infantryman in the Army for twenty years. After a few semesters I started saying I retired from a "low level management position in and international organization dealing in aeronautically administered short-term population control".

It's not about honesty or knowledge, it's all about pigeonholing and standing out from baseline.

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 12:32 PM
link   

I suggest you just be yourself, after all it's the only way to travel.

You do realise that your source material is not from "Bitchute"?

I'm flabbergasted, what happened fellow, did somebody vaccinate you in your sleep?

On the topic of jobs and gender, i have to say the best person qualified should get the job, but in this world its seldom what you know, but who you know that helps.

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 01:07 PM
link   

My great nephew came out to his family. They are a military family who embraced traditional lifestyles. Not a lot of gay until out of the blue there it was. I kinda' figured the EZ bake oven he wanted for his 6th birthday was a clue. What I find interesting is his family's reaction. They believe the media has influenced him into switching teams. Reverse conversion? These are reasonably well educated, church going folks with a lot of different kinds of cultural influences surrounding them. They aren't exactly uncool about the gay life but their insistence he was groomed in some way by the media is unusual.

Been hearing coming out stories for half a century and blaming the media doesn't usually read this strongly as 'the culprit' I've heard from 2 other families very recently including a co-worker who believes her daughter was influenced by advertising and social media towards her choice to live as a gay woman. Strange so many feel the same as my great nephew's immediate family. It's not what you'd expect. It's not what I'm used to hearing. But theere might be something to their belief.

My bank uses a ru paulish guy on the ads for example. Clearly the advertising biz is pushing this 'queer' business a lot more in recent years. The market is as toxic and weaponized as everything else from fake news to twitter. And it's on full blast just like junk science propaganda. I totally get how people feel their straight kids are being influenced to an alternate sexual path. And suddenly there are a whole bunch of paths if the ever growing LBGTQ2S1AQ+ brochoure is to believed.

Strange the media is pushing to convert straight kids away and encouraging self identification as another gender option when the exact opposite is true for gays who prefer to live as straight. The government and media are 100% opposed to allowing gays to live as straight. Even our own news agencies and political reps are dead set against gays going straight. There is a reason this is being done. Def will be looking more into media influence and coming out stories. Fascinating stuff.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join