It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Pro-Abortionists Not Believe or Not Care That God Owns Unborn Children?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

And in her sleep no less.

Then sends a henchman to tell her she's up the duff.

Try explaining that one in any court of law.

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Bill cosby is out of prison.

What’s your point?

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

This means as much as a man claiming to be a woman. Which is to say...nothing. People can claim to be whatever they want, but it doesn't make it so.

Isaiah 29:13 ESV
And the Lord said: “Because this people draw near with their mouth and honor me with their lips, while their hearts are far from me, and their fear of me is a commandment taught by men."

Matthew 7:21-23 ESV
“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

Never rub another Man's Rhubarb springs to mind.

AKA impregnating poor Joseph's Mrs in her sleep, without any sorts of permission, or even a by your leave, which breaks a few commandments i imagine.

Then sends an Angel to clear up the mess.

My point, well as above so below.

edit on 20-5-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Pro Abortionists will NEVER accept they are wrong, that there actions are EVIL and yet they undeniably know within themselves that they ARE EVIL.

There are instances were medically to save the mothers life an abortion is a necessity barring a miracle from God, there are instances were baring the child to term will kill the mother and yet throughout history GOOD mothers have lain down there lives to make certain there children come into being.

There are instances were a child has been raped and there is tragedy no matter what.

But LIFESTYLE abortions, it's MY BODY argument are utter EVIL, Selfish and hateful and those that opt for them do so out of the very worst in human nature, they are utterly against GOD and utterly against the future of the human race sacrificing all tomorrows for there today.

And that said even leaving religion out of it HUMANITY is facing a serious world shattering crisis far worse than overpopulation could EVER have become, a Crisis that will destroy economy's causing the west and the rest of the developed world (including Russia and China) to implode and there governments to collapse and that is simply this.

CATACLYSMIC POPULATION DECLINE.

The WORLD, the HUMAN WORLD NEEDS THESE CHILDREN.

And we actually NEED a new generation of BOOMERS to bring more and more children into the world, to achieve this we need to reverse this move that is still going under it's evil inertia that saw the family unit destroyed by evil people that were pushing the false science of OVER POPULATION and using greater than equal rights for woman to get them not to have children, reducing bread winning fathers pay so that they could not support there family's and all because some lunatics in the 1960's thought that we would have too many people in the world.

The truth is we do not have enough children, our old people are having to work later and later in life and there is no young generation to continue our nations into the future.

LIFESTYLE that is not for medical reasons Abortion NEEDS to be made criminal, the family unit and the ability for a working father to support his family need's to be restored, help for single parent's need's to be increased and this is why, we NEED OUR CHILDREN they are the FUTURE of our nations, no children no future simple as that.

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 12:11 PM
link   
To say pro-abortionists don't believe in God is an ill-informed and inaccurate argument. Of all the women I've known who have had abortions, every single one has believed in God. They also have justification via church teachings, that those who confess their sins will be forgiven.

There are a lot of 'Christians' who believe they can do whatever they want, even knowingly sin, and all will be forgiven if they just ask.

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone" comes to mind. Anti-abortionists think it's defiling ones' body, yet don't consider that cigarette their smoking after the fast food meal they just ate to be defiling their body, even though the facts tell us so. Anti-abortionists consider it 'murder', yet most people slowly (and knowingly) poison themselves by lifestyle choices on a daily basis. If they both fit the category of 'murder', which is the greater sin? The one that's over in a half hour, or the one that takes years to accomplish?

I can have a personal opinion on abortion, but I don't feel I have the moral authority to pass judgement on anyone over the issue. I'm thankful I don't have to be the final judge, or be responsible for the way others live their lives and the choices they make.

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

There ARE a lot like that but the Bible teaches that without REPENTANCE there is no forgiveness.

The child they aborted may have been a saint, a teacher, doctor, inventor of world improving inventions but because they are denied there lives the world shall never know whom they would have been.

In this case it is NOT about throwing the first stone, those trying to defend the child are standing in the way of the stone, the mothers having the Abortion are the ones throwing the first stone.

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 12:44 PM
link   
We went a step in the right direction by requiring insurance to cover family planning. Unfortunately, it didn't go quite far enough. Try being in your early 30s and asking for a vasectomy; let me know what your doctor says. I went to a dozen and always received the same response "You're still young, you have no kids, and you'll change your mind, so no, you will never get a referral for a vasectomy." That was in my early 30s; I'm now in my early 40s without a change of mind or heart, going the first week of June to have a discussion about it.

This is something that I've been trying to have done since age 23; I can have gender reassignment surgery at 23; why can't I have a vasectomy? I do not understand the logic in approving of one and denying another. The same can be said of tube tying, although that does carry significantly more risks down the road.

I'll leave with this; not everyone should have kids; if you do not want kids and understand the reasons why you would make a bad parent, congratulations, you've made the right choice. Unfortunately, most don't think of if they would make a good parent or are coaxed into it with a "you'll learn as you go, no one is ever really prepared, you just do it." Screw that. When a couple is doing everything right, condoms and an IUD, yet still somehow in that infinitesimally small chance a pregnancy occurs, I assure you it's an unwanted one.

I hope it's a choice that none of you ever have to consider; it's not easy, it's not fun, it's not glamorous, and it's the last thing you even want to consider. Is it something you'll think about constantly a few years down the road? No. That being said, you stop to think about it every once in a while. You do wonder if you made the right decision or not. In my case, it's always been, yes, the same for my wife, but it will stick with you.

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

There ARE a lot like that but the Bible teaches that without REPENTANCE there is no forgiveness.

Does that mean that I don't have to forgive those who trespass against me unless they repent to me? You mean Jesus said to forgive your neighbor 70 x 7 times, even though he knew God won't?

edit on 20-5-2022 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Most Americans identify as Christians. Does not mean we believe in God. Especially when asked publicly many would be reluctant to reveal true beliefs due to derision and ostracism. It was not my point to rebuke or make those with Pro beliefs but simply point out that even with belief in God that we are and can be on the Pro side or consider ourselves non believers in an organized religion but still have at least a belief in a higher power. Maybe I worded it wrong.

To many Christians, those with Pro beliefs would not be in alignment with their own God and beliefs so that’s why I worded it the way I did. Doesn’t make it true just that many would describe them in that dogma belief. Religion is one of the trickiest discussions to be had as those of us with religious beliefs in our lives have our own definition of what it means…I live in the Deep South where it’s a church on every corner and a liquor store on the opposite corner and drinking is fine as long as nobody sees you doing it to some, and others it’s beer and apple pie, guns and a Bible on the coffee table makes everything ok.

And having attended what was self described as a private Christian school that most certainly preached against abortions and all manner of sin was not surprised to know who amount both students and teachers elected for abortions when faced with unwanted or unexpected pregnancies. Again, as long as you didn’t talk about it and continued to preach against it, it was okay in one’s own personal decisions.

Again I don’t think I conveyed exactly what I was thinking in either post very well but maybe a little better idea of my thoughts with this wordey post. I think that most, Christians or not are ok with abortions with some limitations or restrictions but both sides have those “extremist” that believes it’s their way or the highway and those like that on the Pro Choice side would not be inclined to describe themselves as believers even while silently praying to God for their favorite sport team to win during a Pro Choice demonstration and those on the Pro Life side would more likely shoot themselves in the liquor store drive thru before describing themselves as anything other than God Fearing Christian Americans.

edit on 20-5-2022 by SkittlesgiveyouSkills because: Correction

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: SkittlesgiveyouSkills

Convenient Selectivism

As Pro-Birth -- is not necessarily Pro-baby/Pro-children.

Ya, know, "as long as it gets born. my "job" is done".

In my experience - God lovers - are very 2 faced. They are rarely as holy (or even close) as they present themselves.

As I am not -- the answer to the OP question is moot.

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Right...The old, "No True Scotsman" fallacy.

edit on 20-5-2022 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Right...The old, "No True Scotsman" fallacy.

OMG -- how many times has "True" Christian been used on ATS.

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 02:43 PM
link   
no matter what anyone believes, sooner or later, we all have to answer for our actions

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sabretoothrabbit
no matter what anyone believes, sooner or later, we all have to answer for our actions

To whom?

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee
Not sure yet
maybe only to yourself

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sabretoothrabbit
Not sure yet
maybe only to yourself

The day I stepped completely out of the "God Circle" -- the epiphany was "it's all on me".

I am 100% responsible for my choices, actions, and everything else.

There's no "go to guy" -- no outside forgiveness. There's only me.

Everything became NOW! No wasting life for an end reward -- or judgment.

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I think conservatism in America would likely have more success if everything wasn’t wrapped in nonsense about God, Jesus and the bible.

People are sick of hearing it. Especially younger people.

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 03:18 PM
link   
right. never said there was a "go to guy"
we are all responsible for our own actions and choices I agree
All my choices I make today that seem like the right choices might seem like horrible mistakes 20 years from now
Is all I am saying

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
I think conservatism in America would likely have more success if everything wasn’t wrapped in nonsense about God, Jesus and the bible.

People are sick of hearing it. Especially younger people.

Dominionism Rising -- A Theocratic Movement Hiding in Plain Sight

Dominionism is the theocratic idea that regardless of theological view, means, or timetable, Christians are called by God to exercise dominion over every aspect of society by taking control of political and cultural institutions. politicalresearch.org...

Taking on Dominionism & Taking up the Prochoice Religious Community

Many things have been and will be written about how Roe v. Wade came to be gutted or overturned by the Supreme Court. There have also been and will be many things written about what comes next. One important part of the story in which I am honored to have played a part, appeared as a three part series in the Mississippi Free Press by award winning journalist Ashton Pittman over the past few weeks. It tells the story of the powerful movement of Christian Dominionism, particularly the New Apostolic Reformation (NAR) that has transformed evangelical Christianity and the Republican Party, and significantly powered the antiabortion movement this far. www.dailykos.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join