It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another anomaly on Curiosity Rover's latest Mars images and I don't mean the door

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Another interesting snap from the latest pictures Curiosity Rover took on Mars.
No, it's not the 'door' that the internet is buzzing about right now that I'm talking about, yes I know there is another thread about that one)

The anomaly seems to be an 'object' under the cliff, made of metal or some other reflective material. The object is completely in the shadow of the cliff and still showing reflection.

ok, honestly, I don't have a clue what it is, and my mind probably wants it to be anything but a rock, lol, but it doesn't look like anything else I saw on the pictures of the Mars surface. And rocks don't reflect light in the shadow.

Raw NASA image

link to the Gigapan I made a snap shot with this username (Kindralabelle) it's one of the first on the left.

Gigapan image is better for zooming though

edit on 12-5-2022 by KindraLabelle2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: KindraLabelle2

As much as I would love for this to be a saucer hanging out, recharging it's flux capacitors, the color seems to be the same as the sand dune in the background. Could it be that you are just looking through the rock formation and seeing the sun-lit sand?

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: andr3w68

As much as I would love for this to be a saucer hanging out, recharging it's flux capacitors, the color seems to be the same as the sand dune in the background. Could it be that you are just looking through the rock formation and seeing the sun-lit sand?

That's what it looks like from afar, but when you zoom in it clearly is an object, not the light coming through from behind

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 03:05 PM
link   

edit on 5/12/2022 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

look for my snapshot under the gigapan image, think it's the 4th one, same username

if you start from the left side it's about 1/8 to the middle, follow the rockline top

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Reading comprehension is a thing……

reply to: trollz

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 03:14 PM
link   

I do see what you are talking about. Though, to me it looks like a smaller rock formation under the larger one with a view of the sunlit sand above it.

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 03:16 PM
link   

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Does it look like a cube wedged in a ravine with snow or ice on top, and a sorta rainbow reflecting off the right side?

I saw that too, if so.

I can't upload photos either, ARGGH! So frustrating, 'cuz this new gigapan has a whole bunch of cool stuff to look at!

ETA: Okay, that's not the same image I was referring to.

edit on 12-5-2022 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: andr3w68

Thanks for posting that image

Once I figure out again how to upload mine, I'll update the OP

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 03:27 PM
link   

To me that's not a reflection it's just a opening under the rock .... I've been going over this gigipan for a bit a few well maybe's and a smaller door opening to the left of the main door . But this really grabbed my attention probably just lighting but dang it looks like it was carved and a part of something at one time .

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 03:36 PM
link   

No problem. If, when you cllick on the upload button, you copy and paste the link it says is not working into a new tab it might just open up and work. It did for me!

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Got it to work now and updated the OP

I knew I saved the upload link somewhere ( h ttps://img.abovetopsecret.com/5/ ) works like a charm

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Aha! I'm able to link the cube in the ravine through Imgur, I think.

imgur.com...

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I saw the cube to!
well, firs it looked like a cube, second time I looked at it,the 'snowy' part looked like a hole in the rock

the gigapan is full with weird stuff

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: KindraLabelle2
Another interesting snap from the latest pictures Curiosity Rover took on Mars.
No, it's not the 'door' that the internet is buzzing about right now that I'm talking about, yes I know there is another thread about that one)

The anomaly seems to be an 'object' under the cliff, made of metal or some other reflective material. The object is completely in the shadow of the cliff and still showing reflection.

ok, honestly, I don't have a clue what it is, and my mind probably wants it to be anything but a rock, lol, but it doesn't look like anything else I saw on the pictures of the Mars surface. And rocks don't reflect light in the shadow.

Raw NASA image

link to the Gigapan I made a snap shot with this username (Kindralabelle) it's one of the first on the left.

Gigapan image is better for zooming though

Looks like ice to me interesting though

I just wish we were there to see with human eyes and experience.

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 05:18 PM
link   
This thing stood out to me as well when I looked at the gigapan. Saw that someone else already took a snapshot and left it at that.

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Pareidolia .
Period .

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 07:51 PM
link   
you know what is wierd about this (and other photos)?

that NASA isnt sending the rover over to get a closer look.

I thought the whole idea of a ROVER is if you see something that looks unique, out of place, ect you turn it and get a closer look.

now i know NASA would claim "we have a pre programed mission and cant go to every anomaly to check it out".

but given that there is ZERO WAY with the tech we have, probes circling mars, ect that you can totally plan out a mission to find XX then what in hades is your criteria for "checking it out?

yes some is just our mind playing tricks on us..

but ALOT like this and the "door" (in previous posts) SCREAM "check it out"

but yet we get the AUTOMATIC "its natural nothing to see" answer...

me thinks its time to start replacing the "project managers" with oh PEOPLE WHO GIVE A DAMN about "scientific discovery"

no matter where it leads and whos egos, professional reputations, ect get discredited along the way

scrounger

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I’m shocked nobody’s talking about the giant drill bit thing off to the left….

edit on 12-5-2022 by Gforce55 because: Uploading with pic

top topics

<<   2 >>

join