It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Roe V Wade Protests are Coming

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Men should not make laws governing females bodies. We, as males, do not control them. Let them decide for themselves. Deciding for them is truly evil.

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I've been catching up here this morning after finding it still open, and massive credit to you for continuing to try to have a reasonable conversation. If I've learned nothing else, some people have no respect for women's rights and the basic laws of nature... and that I don't trust anyone that cannot see the huge difference between a woman declining to give life and those who would gleefully take a life. Especially those who think it's okay -- even noble and oh-so-awesome-possum -- to take a life to protect property.

I don't think it's a coincidence that the first bans on abortion in the US were by slaveholders, who expected and demanded their female slaves to produce more (free) slaves for the master from the fruit of their womb....

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Human: breathing on own outside the womb.

Human: a species of mammal, known by the scientific name homo sapiens sapiens.

What species do you think it is before it is born?

And why do you care? You don't live in my state; you shouldn't get a say.

TheRedneck

State? I can see reason for some state control: weather, geology, economics, industry, etc.

Not women's right to her body. Not something that affects every woman equally.

Let's be real -- personal beliefs and ideologies should have no rights or power over women on this subject.

No more than the Taliban forcing women to cover their entire body and face.

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 09:17 AM
link   
“The unborn” are a convenient group of people to advocate for. They never make demands of you; they are morally uncomplicated, unlike the incarcerated, addicted, or the chronically poor; they don’t resent your condescension or complain that you are not politically correct; unlike widows, they don’t ask you to question patriarchy; unlike orphans, they don’t need money, education, or childcare; unlike aliens, they don’t bring all that racial, cultural, and religious baggage that you dislike; they allow you to feel good about yourself without any work at creating or maintaining relationships; and when they are born, you can forget about them, because they cease to be unborn. It’s almost as if, by being born, they have died to you. You can love the unborn and advocate for them without substantially challenging your own wealth, power, or privilege, without re-imagining social structures, apologizing, or making reparations to anyone. They are, in short, the perfect people to love if you want to claim you love Jesus but actually dislike people who breathe.

Prisoners? Immigrants? The sick? The poor? Widows? Orphans? All the groups that are specifically mentioned in the Bible? They all get thrown under the bus for the unborn.”

Pastor David Barnhart

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

I've been catching up here this morning after finding it still open, and massive credit to you for continuing to try to have a reasonable conversation. If I've learned nothing else, some people have no respect for women's rights and the basic laws of nature... and that I don't trust anyone that cannot see the huge difference between a woman declining to give life and those who would gleefully take a life. Especially those who think it's okay -- even noble and oh-so-awesome-possum -- to take a life to protect property.

I don't think it's a coincidence that the first bans on abortion in the US were by slaveholders, who expected and demanded their female slaves to produce more (free) slaves for the master from the fruit of their womb....

Thank you. I try to be direct and precise. I don't need a lot of words to make a point.

Give birth -- then what? Not every woman is ready, wants, or is qualified for the -- then what?

I did not know that about slaveholders. Thank you for the info.

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
“The unborn” are a convenient group of people to advocate for. They never make demands of you; they are morally uncomplicated, unlike the incarcerated, addicted, or the chronically poor; they don’t resent your condescension or complain that you are not politically correct; unlike widows, they don’t ask you to question patriarchy; unlike orphans, they don’t need money, education, or childcare; unlike aliens, they don’t bring all that racial, cultural, and religious baggage that you dislike; they allow you to feel good about yourself without any work at creating or maintaining relationships; and when they are born, you can forget about them, because they cease to be unborn. It’s almost as if, by being born, they have died to you. You can love the unborn and advocate for them without substantially challenging your own wealth, power, or privilege, without re-imagining social structures, apologizing, or making reparations to anyone. They are, in short, the perfect people to love if you want to claim you love Jesus but actually dislike people who breathe.

Prisoners? Immigrants? The sick? The poor? Widows? Orphans? All the groups that are specifically mentioned in the Bible? They all get thrown under the bus for the unborn.”

Pastor David Barnhart

Brilliant!!!

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: ExiledSpirit777
Men should not make laws governing females bodies. We, as males, do not control them. Let them decide for themselves. Deciding for them is truly evil.

The only people that talk like this are abusers who want to appear safe.
If you think deciding for them is evil, wait until you find out what they want to do with the baby.

“Men shouldn’t”...... sex has nothing to do with the law. No sex is allowed to murder.

Besides, all you guys lost all your credibility when you proved my bodily autonomy means NOTHING to you.

“At first they came for the antivaxxers, and I didn’t speak up because I’m not an antivaxxer”.....that’s where you are...

And yes I find it to be one of the funniest things that has happened in written history

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Define “men”? Define “male” and “female”? Our newest Supreme Court justice informed us there is no definition of to these identities.

You’re way behind the times in this conversation if that’s your perspective.

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Human: breathing on own outside the womb.

Human: a species of mammal, known by the scientific name homo sapiens sapiens.

What species do you think it is before it is born?

And why do you care? You don't live in my state; you shouldn't get a say.

TheRedneck

State? I can see reason for some state control: weather, geology, economics, industry, etc.

Let's be real -- personal beliefs and ideologies should have no rights or power over women on this subject.

No more than the Taliban forcing women to cover their entire body and face.
or government and employers forcing folks to wear masks over their face, and be subjected to experimental vaccines. Why do you think one identity group-women, whatever that’s defined as, deserve preferential treatment over their bodies than other groups?

Moreover the argument it’s about one groups right to control their bodies is a fallacy- the unborn child has its own body which you are making the argument should be subjugate by others and does not have the right to life if another being says so.

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 11:18 AM
link   

State?

Yes, state. You want me to sit down and shut up over my gender, so maybe I want you to sit down and shut up over your location.

What makes you so high and mighty that you and you alone get to decide who can speak to a topic? Who elected you God?

TheRedneck

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 03:20 PM
link   

State?

Yes, state. You want me to sit down and shut up over my gender, so maybe I want you to sit down and shut up over your location.

What makes you so high and mighty that you and you alone get to decide who can speak to a topic? Who elected you God?

TheRedneck

A response to this:

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 05:11 PM
link   

That is your opinion, that I should be excluded from the conversation. My opinion is that you should be excluded from the conversation. Once Roe v. Wade is struck down (and it appears now it will be) you won't have anything to say about the issue. Alabama will make Alabama's rules of law without you. You will be out of the conversation just like you wanted me to be out of the conversation.

At that point, you can cry, scream, howl at the moon, cuss, whatever you want... and no one here will have to listen to a word you say. You will have no vote whatsoever. Just like you want me to have no vote whatsoever. I call that "poetic justice."

This is about more than abortion. This is now about citizenship. You just made it so.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skepticape

Define “men”? Define “male” and “female”? Our newest Supreme Court justice informed us there is no definition of to these identities.

You’re way behind the times in this conversation if that’s your perspective.

This is a wacky reply.

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Listen2GuthrieGovan

If you think deciding for them is evil, wait until you find out what they want to do with the baby.

“Men shouldn’t”...... sex has nothing to do with the law. No sex is allowed to murder.

Besides, all you guys lost all your credibility when you proved my bodily autonomy means NOTHING to you.

“At first they came for the antivaxxers, and I didn’t speak up because I’m not an antivaxxer”.....that’s where you are...

And yes I find it to be one of the funniest things that has happened in written history

"The only people that talk like this are abusers who want to appear safe. "
Are you out of your mind?? The answer is yes. What an odd brain you must possess if this is your reply to what I said.

Oh this website really does attract interesting ones.

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Are you out of your mind?? The answer is yes. What an odd brain you must possess if this is your reply to what I said.

This person (the one you are responding to) just joined.

I'm gonna guess they are not English speaking and are using a translator.
edit on 14-5-2022 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

This person (the one you are responding to) just joined.

I'm gonna guess they are not English speaking and are using a translator.

Thank you for the insight. I will give them the benefit of the doubt.

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

You helped bail out big banks. You can shell out a few to prevent more humans on a melting planet where all suffer.

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Mandated vasectomies for those men who are so concerned, suddenly, about babies… and usually want nothing to do with helping the (probably poor) woman when it comes to financial aid. Actually, these people are so hypercritical, they are the first to whine and complain.

And if men wanna compare, go push out a bobble cap out of your penis. Such whiners and hypocrites.

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

At that point, you can cry, scream, howl at the moon, cuss, whatever you want... and no one here will have to listen to a word you say

Shes an admitted communist, no one listens to her anyway

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Kristinabee

Mandated vasectomies for those men who are so concerned, suddenly, about babies

Cool then mandated hysterectomies after the 1st abortion, so the women dont have to be concerned about it anymore

What a stupid argument on your part, I swear the left come up with the most ridiculous crap to try and equivocate to, but theyre so damn fanatical they cant see that it doesnt even make sense

edit on 14-5-2022 by optimisticcontrarian because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join