It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Belated Intro - I Am the Product of a Rape - Glad Abortion Was Illegal and Mom was Law Abiding.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
a reply to: carewemust

Know what CWMust? We're all glad....you're here!

Thank-you MysteriousStranger. Hopefully ATS will not become a target of the new Social Media Control Board President Biden has activated, so we can all continue helping each other increase our knowledge and wisdom.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing, Care. It means a lot to understand where people are coming from.

I tend to go full steam ahead defending the other side having been a homeless woman with mental health issues/drinking'/drugs.

I've known so many who've came out of a binge or breakdown, found they were pregnant by a homeless boyfriend or rape, and chose to not have the child due to the probability of fetal alcohol/drug damage. Of course, the child could have been fine but many of these women also came from long family lines of abuse and violence and couldn't see their way through the week, never mind a pregnancy. The silver lining was that a fair percentage pulled it together and it didn't happen again.

It's totally a persons responsibility to do the right thing, and I'm against abortion as a convenience, but many of the homeless women I've known over the years were indigenous whose families had gone through decades of damage from residential schools, including destruction of essential role models such as parenting, ethics, culture. They were living a life of simple survival with no support systems and massive rates of drug overdose and suicides.

After pulling my life together I worked with handicapped, wards of the state and so many were damaged by fetal alcohol syndrome. Usually from homeless, very young mothers. Some were pretty mild but others lived extremely tortured lives. Not saying they don't deserve to live, they do, but not all placement is sunny. These people were ware housed from one foster home to another due to behavioral problems and the most extreme ended locked up as a danger to society as they became adults, mostly pedophile.

You were very blessed to have a mother who had the fortitude to carry on and whose own parents were strong enough to see her through it. Good stock. Hope you got to meet them.

I only shared what I've seen to express why I go overboard on my end of it and that any bias I have comes from the extreme nature of it and does not mean I don't respect that other perspectives are perfectly valid.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

Very happy that you are here today.
You post a lot of threads that hit home for me when I read them and you seem to keep a level head when faced with ridiculous responses.
I wish I was more like that.
Keep doing what you are doing my friend.

I've noticed we share similar views on several issues, RazorV66.

It's easier to keep a level head when you look for "GOOD"...even in insults and ridiculous responses.

You keep doing what you can to protect the country our parents and grandparents built for us also, my friend.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: igloo

Igloo, you are labeled in the heavenly realm as a "Mature Spirit". (I learned this on ATS) Those who go through personal adversity and emerge on the other side with a passion for helping others attempting to cope, are rare and special.

Thank-you for taking the time to provide your background, Igloo.

If you have not formally introduced yourself to ATS, I hope you decide to do so at some point.

Your journey, and self-made success, would be a tremendous motivator to many ATS members and visitors.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Tuesday, May 3, 2022

With the likely overturning of "Roe v. Wade", the law that made Human Abortions legal in America (News Article: www.politico.com... -and- Related ATS Thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...), I feel this is a good time to Introduce myself, since I didn't do so when I joined ATS in 2007.

My real name is ALLEN.

My Mother was raped at the age of 12 in Detroit, Michigan by the TV Repair man.

Since it was the early 1960's, abortion was illegal in Michigan, and my Mom's family was religious and law-abiding, she carried me to term.

After birth, I was put up for adoption...adopted 8 months later by a wonderful male-female couple, who believed at the time they couldn't have children.

After serving in the Navy, Graduating College, Getting Married and Adopting/Raising 2 Sons, I eventually found AboveTopSecret.com in 2007.

Chose the ATS Username "CareWeMust" because I had recently seen a Star Wars episode where YODA told Luke, who was feeling down on himself, "Care We Must" about the future of the Republic. (Or something like that)

Above Top Secret is the one thing that caused me to accept, more than any life experience, how wide-ranging the human emotion, and intelligence, and love/hate spectrum is. All things created by God, and all actions allowed to happen by God.

Over the past 15 years, certain members, and things they have shared, have caused me to expand my thinking when it comes to viewing events in the overall scheme of things, rather than only the effect/non-effect an event will have in the short term. Depending on the "event" that can be good or bad, from a societal viewpoint.

Anyway, I'm closing in on what is commonly referred to as "The Golden Years", and am becoming more focused on selfish endeavors, rather than the "make the world a better place", lifestyle that consumed most of my free time 15+ years ago.

No need to "Welcome" me, unless doing so is personally gratifying for you.

-CareWeMust

My condolences to your mother. No one deserves sexual assault unless it's karma returning the favor. I'm happy that you grew strong and capable, participating in society with honor and courage.

It doesn't change my position. Their body, their choice. Appeal to emotion doesn't change the fundamental autonomy granted and protected by the constitution. You may have no use for such liberties, but others require it. To infringe on that autonomy, and to permit infringement, is to sacrifice individual agency for temporary security that only brings peace until the next domino falls, and the next, and then the rest.

In regards to the Star Wars reference that inspired your user handle:

Mace Windu : I sense a plot to destroy the Jedi. The Dark Side of the Force surrounds the Chancellor.

Ki-Adi-Mundi : As it surrounds the Separatists.

Mace Windu : There is a shifting in the Force. All of us feel it. If the Chancellor is being influenced by the Dark Side, then this war may be a plot by the Sith to take over the Republic.

Ki-Adi-Mundi : If he does not give up his emergency powers after the destruction of Grievous, then he should be removed from office.

Mace Windu : The Jedi Council would have to take control of the Senate in order to ensure a peaceful transition.

Yoda : To a dark place, this line of thought will carry us. Hmmm. Great care, we must take.

Thank you CWM for sharing with us.

edit on 3-5-2022 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Thanks for letting us see so intimately into who you are; that took a LOT of courage! Speaking of courage, I can't imagine the trauma that was done to a 12 y/o child; absolutely heartbreaking!

And thank you, Igloo for doing the same by telling your story! There are always two sides, and it's often hard to understand the 'other' side. I don't feel even a tiny bit qualified to sit in judgement on this issue for another person. Taking responsibility for our own lives' should be enough to keep us busy! lol

I have two siblings with FAS, and their lives have been incredibly difficult. Even the best help isn't enough, more often than not.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what the law is; people will always find a way to do what they believe is best.

My hat is off to both of you for being survivors!

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Hopefully ATS will not become a target of the new Social Media Control Board President Biden has activated, so we can all continue helping each other increase our knowledge and wisdom.

They probably have us all on lists already and will let the ATS spiderweb stay to capture more flies. I find the new Minister of Truth to be especially entertaining in a fingernails-on-chalkboard way. My hope is that she gets her orange jumpsuit wardrobe and Cuban vacation before she does any real damage.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Well, good thing you are here today sharing your research on some topics. I know quite a few people who's parents would have gotten an abortion if they were legal, and some of my friends got married and are still married and have kids who have kids....if abortions were legal they would not have gotten married. It settled them down being married and they gave their kids a good home...who knows what would have happened to them if they had not gotten married because of a bun in the oven. Maybe they would have continued partying and would have gotten in trouble or become alcoholics....I myself have two daughters from two different wives, would they have gotten an abortion if they were legal?

This is something to think about....I got married both times to someone I got pregnant before we got married. I have two great girls, five grandkids, and two great grandkids and I like them all. Also my oldest daughter and oldest granddaughter were pregnant on their wedding day. Would they have gotten married if they got an abortion...probably not. My son in laws are different than me but they are all right, they do take care of their kids...kids that are there because they were not aborted.

I have no problem with abortions within three or four months, but I do not think that they should be done after that. But that said, I know lots of people who had great kids that would have been aborted if it was socially acceptable. and lots of friends who would not be here if their parents would have been allowed to have abortions.

I would rather see people take birth control measures myself instead of living their life wondering what the kids they aborted would have been like.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 11:22 PM
link   

WoW! Very interesting CareWeMust. Thank you for sharing this with us. I almost always agree with your posts so that makes you a very smart person

Anyway, good for you to focus on yourself, live well friend.

-AA

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Tuesday, May 3, 2022

With the likely overturning of "Roe v. Wade", the law that made Human Abortions legal in America (News Article: www.politico.com... -and- Related ATS Thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...), I feel this is a good time to Introduce myself, since I didn't do so when I joined ATS in 2007.

My real name is ALLEN.

My Mother was raped at the age of 12 in Detroit, Michigan by the TV Repair man.

Since it was the early 1960's, abortion was illegal in Michigan, and my Mom's family was religious and law-abiding, she carried me to term.

After birth, I was put up for adoption...adopted 8 months later by a wonderful male-female couple, who believed at the time they couldn't have children.

After serving in the Navy, Graduating College, Getting Married and Adopting/Raising 2 Sons, I eventually found AboveTopSecret.com in 2007.

Chose the ATS Username "CareWeMust" because I had recently seen a Star Wars episode where YODA told Luke, who was feeling down on himself, "Care We Must" about the future of the Republic. (Or something like that)

Above Top Secret is the one thing that caused me to accept, more than any life experience, how wide-ranging the human emotion, and intelligence, and love/hate spectrum is. All things created by God, and all actions allowed to happen by God.

Over the past 15 years, certain members, and things they have shared, have caused me to expand my thinking when it comes to viewing events in the overall scheme of things, rather than only the effect/non-effect an event will have in the short term. Depending on the "event" that can be good or bad, from a societal viewpoint.

Anyway, I'm closing in on what is commonly referred to as "The Golden Years", and am becoming more focused on selfish endeavors, rather than the "make the world a better place", lifestyle that consumed most of my free time 15+ years ago.

No need to "Welcome" me, unless doing so is personally gratifying for you.

-CareWeMust

My condolences to your mother. No one deserves sexual assault unless it's karma returning the favor. I'm happy that you grew strong and capable, participating in society with honor and courage.

It doesn't change my position. Their body, their choice. Appeal to emotion doesn't change the fundamental autonomy granted and protected by the constitution. You may have no use for such liberties, but others require it. To infringe on that autonomy, and to permit infringement, is to sacrifice individual agency for temporary security that only brings peace until the next domino falls, and the next, and then the rest.

In regards to the Star Wars reference that inspired your user handle:

Mace Windu : I sense a plot to destroy the Jedi. The Dark Side of the Force surrounds the Chancellor.

Ki-Adi-Mundi : As it surrounds the Separatists.

Mace Windu : There is a shifting in the Force. All of us feel it. If the Chancellor is being influenced by the Dark Side, then this war may be a plot by the Sith to take over the Republic.

Ki-Adi-Mundi : If he does not give up his emergency powers after the destruction of Grievous, then he should be removed from office.

Mace Windu : The Jedi Council would have to take control of the Senate in order to ensure a peaceful transition.

Yoda : To a dark place, this line of thought will carry us. Hmmm. Great care, we must take.

Thank you CWM for sharing with us.

What Star Wars episode did you quote from? Did that episode exist in the 2006/early 2007 time frame?

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
Thanks for letting us see so intimately into who you are; that took a LOT of courage! Speaking of courage, I can't imagine the trauma that was done to a 12 y/o child; absolutely heartbreaking!

And thank you, Igloo for doing the same by telling your story! There are always two sides, and it's often hard to understand the 'other' side. I don't feel even a tiny bit qualified to sit in judgement on this issue for another person. Taking responsibility for our own lives' should be enough to keep us busy! lol

I have two siblings with FAS, and their lives have been incredibly difficult. Even the best help isn't enough, more often than not.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what the law is; people will always find a way to do what they believe is best.

My hat is off to both of you for being survivors!

Thanks, but please keep in mind that member "igloo" is an honest-to-goodness "survivor and overcomer".

I'm just lucky, fortunate and blessed to have not been murdered before being born.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine

Hopefully ATS will not become a target of the new Social Media Control Board President Biden has activated, so we can all continue helping each other increase our knowledge and wisdom.

They probably have us all on lists already and will let the ATS spiderweb stay to capture more flies. I find the new Minister of Truth to be especially entertaining in a fingernails-on-chalkboard way. My hope is that she gets her orange jumpsuit wardrobe and Cuban vacation before she does any real damage.

Americans are increasingly demonstrating how disgusted we are with the current Democratic regime. Instead of combing the internet for social media sites to punish, the administration should hold some real Town Halls across America to find out what's really desired and needed by the population.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

My wife got an abortion when she was in college, before we met. She felt our inability to have children was due to God punishing/cursing her.

That might have been the case.

But for my 2 adopted sons, her "curse" turned out to be their blessing. (Both had drug-addict mothers and were taken from them by the state of Illinois.)

posted on May, 4 2022 @ 12:01 AM
link   

posted on May, 4 2022 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

WoW! Very interesting CareWeMust. Thank you for sharing this with us. I almost always agree with your posts so that makes you a very smart person

Anyway, good for you to focus on yourself, live well friend.

-AA

Thanks Alien Abduct!

Its a guarantee that we are both seen as smart, and as dumb, depending on who's reading our posts.

But the variety of visitors and members is one thing that makes ATS so addictive.

Focus on what brings you happiness as well, AA.

-cwm

posted on May, 4 2022 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: PatriotGames4u

Your post gives me the mental image of a kidnapping, where all that's left is a beer mug on the floor!

posted on May, 4 2022 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Your post gives me the mental image of a kidnapping, where all that's left is a beer mug on the floor!

You know I love you Care, I was honestly at a loss for words after reading your incredibly moving OP and the many fantastic responses.

All I can do is raise my glass in your honor.

Wish I could do more.

posted on May, 4 2022 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Cheers Care

Hail and Well Met.

posted on May, 4 2022 @ 01:52 AM
link   

You know I love you Care, I was honestly at a loss for words after reading your incredibly moving OP and the many fantastic responses.

All I can do is raise my glass in your honor.

Wish I could do more.

Since you're one of the wise members of ATS, maybe you can tell me how much blame should go to the parents when teenagers and younger, commit suicide.

Breaks my heart to read articles like this: bnonews.com...

And the first people/person I place blame with are/is the parents/parent.

In your opinion, is it primarily the parent's fault when a teen, or younger, takes their own life?

edit on 5/4/2022 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2022 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

Cheers Care

Hail and Well Met.

F2d5thCavv2, I see in your Avatar, you hail from "A Lost World".

Is "Hail and Well Met" a nice thing to wish on another person in that Lost World?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join