It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Belated Intro - I Am the Product of a Rape - Glad Abortion Was Illegal and Mom was Law Abiding.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Tuesday, May 3, 2022

With the likely overturning of "Roe v. Wade", the law that made Human Abortions legal in America (News Article: www.politico.com... -and- Related ATS Thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...), I feel this is a good time to Introduce myself, since I didn't do so when I joined ATS in 2007.

My real name is ALLEN.

My Mother was raped at the age of 12 in Detroit, Michigan by the TV Repair man.

Since it was the early 1960's, abortion was illegal in Michigan, and my Mom's family was religious and law-abiding, she carried me to term.

After birth, I was put up for adoption...adopted 8 months later by a wonderful male-female couple, who believed at the time they couldn't have children.

After serving in the Navy, Graduating College, Getting Married and Adopting/Raising 2 Sons, I eventually found AboveTopSecret.com in 2007.

Chose the ATS Username "CareWeMust" because I had recently seen a Star Wars episode where YODA told Luke, who was feeling down on himself, "Care We Must" about the future of the Republic. (Or something like that)

Above Top Secret is the one thing that caused me to accept, more than any life experience, how wide-ranging the human emotion, and intelligence, and love/hate spectrum is. All things created by God, and all actions allowed to happen by God.

Over the past 15 years, certain members, and things they have shared, have caused me to expand my thinking when it comes to viewing events in the overall scheme of things, rather than only the effect/non-effect an event will have in the short term. Depending on the "event" that can be good or bad, from a societal viewpoint.

Anyway, I'm closing in on what is commonly referred to as "The Golden Years", and am becoming more focused on selfish endeavors, rather than the "make the world a better place", lifestyle that consumed most of my free time 15+ years ago.

No need to "Welcome" me, unless doing so is personally gratifying for you.

-CareWeMust

edit on 5/3/2022 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing, it can help to understand where a person is coming from.

ETA..I knew your username had to be Yoda. Also, respect for you adopting and returning the love and care you got. I respect when people put their money where their mouth is.
edit on 3-5-2022 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Tuesday, May 3, 2022

With the likely overturning of "Roe v. Wade", the law that made Human Abortions legal in America (News Article: www.politico.com... -and- Related ATS Thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...), I feel this is a good time to Introduce myself, since I didn't do so when I joined ATS in 2007.

My real name is ALLEN.

Since it was the early 1960's, abortion was illegal in Michigan, and my Mom's family was religious and law-abiding, she carried me to term.

After birth, I was put up for adoption...adopted 8 months later by a wonderful male-female couple, who believed at the time they couldn't have children.

After serving in the Navy, Graduating College, Getting Married and Adopting/Raising 2 Sons, I eventually found AboveTopSecret.com in 2007.

Chose the ATS Username "CareWeMust" because I had recently seen a Star Wars episode where YODA told Luke, who was feeling down on himself, "Care We Must" about the future of the Republic. (Or something like that)

Above Top Secret is the one thing that caused me to accept, more than any life experience, how wide-ranging the human emotion, and intelligence, and love/hate spectrum is. All things created by God, and all actions allowed to happen by God.

Over the past 15 years, certain members, and things they have shared, have caused me to expand my thinking when it comes to viewing events in the overall scheme of things, rather than only the effect/non-effect an event will have in the short term. Depending on the "event" that can be good or bad, from a societal viewpoint.

Anyway, I'm closing in on what is commonly referred to as "The Golden Years", and am becoming more focused on selfish endeavors, rather than the "make the world a better place", lifestyle that consumed most of my free time 15+ years ago.

-CareWeMust

wow, thanks for sharing .

you had a hellovan upbringing. .

ats is lucky to have you too.

welcome.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Did you ever meet your biological mother? If not how did you come by her story?

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I believe in a woman's right to do what she wants to do; she has her own free will. However I myself would not get an abortion,,,I believe carry the baby to full term and adopt the baby out to a good family.

To me as an individual who has my own free will...abortion is murder. That is how I feel.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 08:36 PM
link   
k welcome you to the autumn of your life.
l am a father of an adopted child. Your heart is filled filled with love.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Here is to celebrating you Carewemust!

Your story is an inspiration, and thank you for sharing it with ATS.

Here is to celebrating life!

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Glad youre with us and someone didnt decide you should never have a chance to live your life because of something SOMEONE ELSE did

Enjoy your golded years and the fireworks that most surely are coming

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Thank you for sharing this, CWM.
We're all richer here for you having not been aborted.

I was conceived out of wedlock...I found this out many years later from my father.
One evening, dad told me he married my mother because she became pregnant with me.
He said he always believed in "doing the right thing"....but never regretted having me as his son.
We were always very close.

My folks split up after I became a teen...but as a result of their marriage for my sake, they later gave me a sister.

If abortion was as available then as it is now...they would've most likely aborted me, as they never really had much in common, besides my sister and me...and the grandchildren we gave them.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
Thanks for sharing, it can help to understand where a person is coming from.

ETA..I knew your username had to be Yoda. Also, respect for you adopting and returning the love and care you got. I respect when people put their money where their mouth is.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. We adopted because we got tired of the doctors experimenting. Was very inconvenient. In hindsight, I'm so glad we did, instead of just shrugging our shoulders and going childless.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: sarahvital

originally posted by: carewemust
Tuesday, May 3, 2022

My real name is ALLEN.

-CareWeMust

wow, thanks for sharing .

you had a hellovan upbringing. .

ats is lucky to have you too.

welcome.

Thankyou. I kept it short and relevant to ATS and what's going on in the world today. Appreciate the compliment, SarahVital.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: dandandat2
Did you ever meet your biological mother? If not how did you come by her story?

After coming across a twin brother I didn't know I had, we both did research, found out where she worked, and dropped in on her. Is weird meeting a mom who's only 13 years older than you.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 09:26 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: alexandrae

I believe in a woman's right to do what she wants to do; she has her own free will. However I myself would not get an abortion,,,I believe carry the baby to full term and adopt the baby out to a good family.

To me as an individual who has my own free will...abortion is murder. That is how I feel.

Humans kill each other all the time. Sometimes it's sanctioned, like Wars, Abortions, Home Invasion, Death Penalty, Self-Defense.

But like you said, all of us were created by, and are owned by God. It's too bad man can't ascertain when God has put a human soul/spirit in the fetus. Before that, you're not killing a human, imo.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
k welcome you to the autumn of your life.
l am a father of an adopted child. Your heart is filled filled with love.

Sometimes that "Love" enables you to do things to protect them and their future, that you would never consider doing if you had not adopted, or given birth to them.

That's why I keep wondering aloud why the CIA hasn't invented a way to get rid of Putin and make it look like a natural death.

We give them Billions of Dollars a year...for what?

I wouldn't have those thoughts, if I didn't have children and a beautiful 3 year-old Grandson.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

Here is to celebrating you Carewemust!

Your story is an inspiration, and thank you for sharing it with ATS.

Here is to celebrating life!

The more happy people there are, the better LIFE is for humankind.

I believe in reincarnation across the heavens. So in my mind, LIFE is a grand never-ending tour of God's creation.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Know what CWMust? We're all glad....you're here!

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: optimisticcontrarian
Glad youre with us and someone didnt decide you should never have a chance to live your life because of something SOMEONE ELSE did

Enjoy your golded years and the fireworks that most surely are coming

Thank-you, OptimisticContrarian. One day I'm going to start a thread asking how each of us picked our ATS UserNames. Yours has my curiosity piqued.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I was stunned to learn earlier today how many potential IAMTAT's and CAREWEMUST's were not allowed to live, simply because the Mom didn't want the inconvenience, or the challenge.

But wise minds here on ATS have also taught me that if there were no Abortions, Wars, Diseases, Genocide, Murders in humankind's history, humankind would have become extinct due to overpopulation.

So, we're alive due to/thanks to billions who didn't make it. Or something like that.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Very happy that you are here today.
You post a lot of threads that hit home for me when I read them and you seem to keep a level head when faced with ridiculous responses.
I wish I was more like that.
Keep doing what you are doing my friend.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join