It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Belated Intro - I Am the Product of a Rape - Glad Abortion Was Illegal and Mom was Law Abiding.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2022 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: nugget1
a reply to: carewemust
Thanks for letting us see so intimately into who you are; that took a LOT of courage! Speaking of courage, I can't imagine the trauma that was done to a 12 y/o child; absolutely heartbreaking!

And thank you, Igloo for doing the same by telling your story! There are always two sides, and it's often hard to understand the 'other' side. I don't feel even a tiny bit qualified to sit in judgement on this issue for another person. Taking responsibility for our own lives' should be enough to keep us busy! lol

I have two siblings with FAS, and their lives have been incredibly difficult. Even the best help isn't enough, more often than not.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what the law is; people will always find a way to do what they believe is best.

My hat is off to both of you for being survivors!

Thanks, but please keep in mind that member "igloo" is an honest-to-goodness "survivor and overcomer".

I'm just lucky, fortunate and blessed to have not been murdered before being born.

Thanks for the compliments Care, might give me a swollen head, lol.

When I look at the incredible odds it takes to ever be born; one sperm out of billions at just the right timing, then a perfect set of hormonal conditions, proper cell division, I see us all as survivors and overcomers. That tiny chance in the infinite is where the magic is. Accepting that magic is part of free will and is of the highest order.

I'm extremely fascinated by the science of epigenetics and it was truly a turning point for me to learn how damage, physical and by extension psychic, can pass forward. The beautiful thing is in awareness allowing us to rise above the genetics to the best of our ability. Hopefully, future generations will be perpetuating vastly more positive traits than negative and all accept the magic of life, in sync with creation, so abortion will become a rare/emergency harm reduction. It seems we are at a tipping point with so many people starting to question it all. Fingers crossed.

edit on 4-5-2022 by igloo because: forgot a word

posted on May, 4 2022 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Thank you for sharing CWM

When we were born in the 1960s it was a totally different time and how people viewed life , I was born out of wedlock in the UK and I am lucky my mother was a strong woman as back then the child was removed at birth and ended up in a care home/orphanage setting ,but luckily she stood her ground with the authorities and I ended up getting raised by loving grandparents who never had a son themselves so that was my blessing .

I am totally against abortion unless there is a valid reason for it as way to many girls /women use it as a get out of jail card due to incompetence on their part and not realising how shameful it was then to have a child when unwed .

Every time my mother gets a drink in I hear this story ,I was a breach birth and back then it was fatal the doctors were minutes from ending my life to save my mother's she prayed and I turned the right way , I was born with the ambillical cord rapped round my neck blue in colour and according to her the ugliest thing she ever saw .

We stand here today through ,luck ,G-D ,many many more never got that chance

edit on 4/5/2022 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2022 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Yes, we empathize but there are those that cannot cope or empathize, and unwanted children don't fare well. Even saying that women that are forced to bare and care for an unwanted child...what then? Does anyone think of the child's lifelong experiences? Does anyone really care except for their righteousness?

(post by SirHardHarry removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 4 2022 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: PatriotGames4u

I understand. Sorry for posing a question to you on a subject you're not comfortable with.

I'll try harder to keep my questions directed more to the general membership, going forward.

posted on May, 4 2022 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

a reply to: rickymouse

My wife got an abortion when she was in college, before we met. She felt our inability to have children was due to God punishing/cursing her.

That might have been the case.

But for my 2 adopted sons, her "curse" turned out to be their blessing. (Both had drug-addict mothers and were taken from them by the state of Illinois.)

I was in the hospital for a week once, trying to prevent a miscarriage. On the last day, a Nun visited and asked if I wanted her to pray with me for God to save my baby. I told her 'no'; God knows better than us what I and my child face and are able to handle. I asked her to pray with me that His will be done.

I view hardships as a means of soul growth, and there is always a positive in tragedy if one looks deep enough. There need be no guilt in learning; mistakes are how we figure out what's best to do going forward and can give us a deeper understanding into the travails of others. In a way, they define us; we can succumb or overcome.

Based on those two paragraphs, you appear to be what's known in the metaphysics world as a WISE and MATURE Spirit.

Congratulations!

posted on May, 4 2022 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Over the past 15 years, certain members, and things they have shared, have caused me to expand my thinking when it comes to viewing events in the overall scheme of things, rather than only the effect/non-effect an event will have in the short term.

S&F

The place wouldn't be right without you around CWM. Love ya, Brother!!

I almost departed this world on 1/20/2021. The stress of Biden being sworn in, and decades of smoking, caused a blood clot to plug up my lungs. One of the first things I did during recovery was post to ATS from the hospital bed, lol.

posted on May, 5 2022 @ 02:52 AM
link   
imdfreek because I was born unwanted but abortion was not legal so it was of to the Nuns for me for 2 years until I was adopted out.
I've battled my whole life with being a bastard and born of sin.
thankfully we don't have legal abortion still here in Queensland but it still can be achieved no doubt.
Sometimes I think I should have been aborted,
But I wasn't and now I can be a little part of every family I meet. they tell me I am family so my point is that if I were aborted I could not have been able to enrich and be enriched by all these people and although I was a product of sin my Father blessed me with a Son of which I am and have always been proud of for these past 30 years.

posted on May, 5 2022 @ 08:59 AM
link   

I almost departed this world on 1/20/2021. The stress of Biden being sworn in, and decades of smoking, caused a blood clot to plug up my lungs. One of the first things I did during recovery was post to ATS from the hospital bed, lol.

Did you give up the cancer sticks finally?

posted on May, 5 2022 @ 09:26 AM
link   

I'm glad you are here.

When ATS went down I was worried I'll never hear from you again... because you make so many great posts. 🍺

posted on May, 5 2022 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Thanks for your story. I have a very close family member who was the product of what now would be prosecuted as rape (back then in the 60's it was not).

I understand people who do not believe in abortion under any circumstances. I also understand people who think as long as both are connected in one body, they government should stay out of the decision. But what I will never understand or respect are people who want to make exceptions for rape/incest/birth defects. If people believe it's a life, then why would that life be dependent on how it was created? This logic is for people who want exceptions that they or their children might find themselves in. If people believe there are certain exceptions due to the emotional or physical harm to the mother then let that decision fall to the mother. If you believe it's a life that needs the same protection as a born child, no exceptions should be allowed.

edit on May 5th 2022 by Daughter2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2022 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Yesterday I saw someone post on Facebook something about how banning abortion will create more poor kids, more abused kids, and more traumatized kids.

Does the Big Abortion crowd really think that's a winning message? Because that's basically telling kids that are poor, abused, or traumatized that they're better off dead.

These people are scrambling and falling over themselves with awful takes like that because logic, science, and facts are not on their side in this issue.

posted on May, 5 2022 @ 02:07 PM
link   
i agree with you. their argument does not make sense. Very few circumstances where it is better to be dead.I always have this arguement with my neighbor. Who is vegan and says it is murder to eat a hamburger but not to kill a baby.a reply to: face23785

posted on May, 5 2022 @ 07:38 PM
link   
That's great CWM. But it still doesn't take away from the notion that government shouldn't be dictating what we can and cannot do with our bodies.

posted on May, 5 2022 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: HODOSKE

Except vegans and meat eaters are free to decide their own ethics.

But if we're going to ban abortion, then we should ban meat production as well. Both can be considered "killing".

IMO, government shouldn't be dictating any of it. But im willing to compromise with a complete abortion ban if anti-abortionists are willing to ban meat.

posted on May, 5 2022 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Right on my brother man, from one Michigander to another!!!

posted on May, 5 2022 @ 08:03 PM
link   
First, I must say, I always appreciate your posts. I am glad you opened up more here. You inspire me to share.

I was faced with an unexpected pregnancy when I was young. The only thing I knew when I thought I might be pregnant was that I would not kill the baby. I said that point blank to my friend who was with me. I didn't think of the fact that she had an abortion. I just said, " I'm not going to kill it." I can't imagine how she took that.

Anyway, I guess what I wanted to convey is that that was not a "nothing" that needed to be disposed of. It was a human that I needed to decide how to take care of. I almost adopted it out, then decided not to.

The fact that some children are products of rape should not determine that they die before they have lived.

Thank you so much for posting this.

posted on May, 5 2022 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

It doesn't change my position. Their body, their choice. Appeal to emotion doesn't change the fundamental autonomy granted and protected by the constitution. You may have no use for such liberties, but others require it. To infringe on that autonomy, and to permit infringement, is to sacrifice individual agency for temporary security that only brings peace until the next domino falls, and the next, and then the rest.

Thank you CWM for sharing with us.

Except that baby is not the woman's body. It is a separate human. Women can do whatever they want to THEIR body. But aborting that tiny innocent human is murder. Period.

posted on May, 5 2022 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Sorry for your experience.

But no. Their body, their choice.

I know it sounds cold but your story, as sad as it truly is, should not overrule its ultimately the woman's choice. Laws are made up. That's all it is.

posted on May, 6 2022 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: CptGreenTea
a reply to: HODOSKE
But if we're going to ban abortion, then we should ban meat production as well. Both can be considered "killing".

Far, far more animal lives are 'murdered' to grow crops than are ever murdered to grow meat animals.

IMO, government shouldn't be dictating any of it. But im willing to compromise with a complete abortion ban if anti-abortionists are willing to ban meat.

Only if you're willing to ban the growing of corn, wheat/grains, soy, etc etc ad nauseum.

Your logic is extraordinarily lacking.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join