It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Home Heating Oil 2-oil prices are insane

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on May, 2 2022 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I just called to have our oil tank filled.

………………..$5.65 a gallon……………….!!!!

30 days ago it was $3.69 a gallon.

Totally out of control!
This administration ruining our country Has Got To Go!!!
Biden is a waste of oxygen!
This whole leftist social crowd is INSANE!!!
There is absolutely no excuse for what is going on.
Here or around the entire World.

Thanks! I needed to RANT!

I know where were heading and it’s plain as the nose on my face we are solidly in The Quickening Of Days and End Times events!!!

Hey Whack-job Minister of Truth…..
You are a liar and insane!
Go on, come get me….

Good Luck to my ATS friends!

May God bless and protect you and yours!

da pirate 🤬🤬🤬

edit on 08-19-2021 by PiratesCut because: title fix

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: PiratesCut

Don't know. But you reminded me of this ancient advert.

oils ain't oils!

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Blame big oil. They set the price.

Supply and demand and the typical oil company price gouging.

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 12:27 PM
link   
We were doing ok on a retirement income even after the runaway inflation of 2020 through the beginning of 2022. Our nearly doubled electric bill squeezed our budget close to its limit, and the high cost of fuel ( our only heat source is a propane stove) means this winter our basic living expenses will exceed our income. Our savings will be used up providing the basic necessities of life, which is part of the plan, IMHO.
I'm sure there will be some government program to help us out, as long as we're willing to let them put a lien on our home so they can recoup the cost of their 'help' when we die, like they do with catastrophic medical expenses or reverse mortgages.

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 12:32 PM
link   

It's all transitory, remember?

Besides, you saved $0.16 on hot dogs last 4th of July.

Stop compaining. Your white privilege is showing.

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I am still trying to decide to fill up the LP gas tank now or wait for summer. The price usually drops during summer but with this "administration" involved, who knows? It might go up more instead.

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Typically how many gallons do you go through a year?

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

It's all transitory, remember?

Oh they already said it's not transitory anymore.
I'm trying not to be negative but I think the worse is yet to come.
Husband called me today, he got a salad and drink for lunch and it was $15 bucks...

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Well you are not totally wrong.
The part you missed was when you cut supply and demand is the same, prices go up.
Pretty simple.

a reply to: MiddleInsite

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Runaway inflation from decimating the economy.
The double whammy is all that phantom money they printed and handed out. We're on the precipice of a complete economic collapse. If Brandon sticks around much longer the great depression will look like a sunny picnic day at the park. I'd recommend no unnecessary spending at this point, but the money will become worthless soon anyway. Double edged sword, catch 22.
In short, we're f'ed. 81 million can't be wrong, right?

edit on 2-5-2022 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
Blame big oil. They set the price.

Supply and demand and the typical oil company price gouging.

Do you think any of our current political leaders at the very least have stock options in not only the top oil companies and various other companies in the oil industry?

Who in Congress owns oil and gas stocks?

readsludge.com...

As of Dec. 13, 2019, 134 members of Congress and their spouses own as much as $92.7 million worth of stock in fossil fuel companies and mutual funds, according to an analysis of financial disclosures by Sludge. House members own between roughly $29.5 million and $78.2 million in fossil fuel stocks, while senators have between $3.8 million and $14.5 million invested in oil, gas, and coal interests. Members of Congress generally report the value of their investments in broad ranges, so it’s not possible to know exactly how much their stocks are worth.

readsludge.com...

In Sludge’s previous analysis, as of Dec. 2019, at least 29 senators and 105 representatives held stock in the fossil fuel industry, valued as much as $14.5 million and $78.2 million respectively. Last month, Sludge’s updated look at the U.S. Senate found 28 senators with fossil fuel investments in their households, with assets worth up to $12.6 million.

Misc. Findings
Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s spouse holds an investment of up to $50,000 in Clean Energy Fuel Cells Corp., a California-based company that is developing liquid gas fueling stations for long-haul trucks to compete with diesel. The unsustainable impacts of continued fossil gas extraction and its accompanying methane emissions were documented in a May 2019 report from over a dozen environmental groups including 350, Greenpeace USA, and the Rainforest Action Network.
Sixth-term Republican Austin Scott of Georgia often traded shares this year in Clean Energy Fuels Corp. and FuelCell Energy, a Connecticut-based fossil gas company. He bought up to $15,000 of shares in each in June, then bought another up to $15,000 in FuelCell stock in September and sold up to $15,000 in Clean Energy Fuels stock in October as the House debated the Build Back Better Act. In his 2020 annual report, investments of up to $50,000 in each company belonged to his spouse.
Third-term Democrat Vicente Gonzalez of the Texas Fifteenth Congressional District, who shortly after taking office in 2017 founded the Congressional Oil & Gas Caucus, owns just over $10,000 in Chevron stock. Gonzalez was among the Blue Dog Coalition members seeking to delay passage of the Democrats’ reconciliation plan this summer, when it included a clean energy standard, and successfully pushed to first pass the infrastructure bill, legislation that was praised by trade group the American Gas Association.
Third-term Democrat Tom Suozzi of New York, who is leaving his seat next year in his run for governor in the 2022 state election, bought and sold shares of oil and gas exploration company Devon Energy in May and June worth up to $65,000, having already held up to $100,000 in Devon stock at the end of 2020.
The spouse of fifth-term Democrat Maxine Waters of California owns up to $250,000 in oil and gas company Chesapeake Operating, sending her household royalties of between $15,000 and $50,000 in 2020.

edit on 2-5-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I see gas in my area went up 40 cents today. $4.39 a gallon now. This needs to end by any means necessary at this point.

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
I'm trying not to be negative but I think the worse is yet to come.
Husband called me today, he got a salad and drink for lunch and it was $15 bucks...

Unfortunately, it's almost guaranteed to get much, much worse.

Hope for the best. Prepare for the worst, as they say.

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but when I read on these boards all the ranting and moaning about how expensive, how unavailable, how "crazy" everything is now, I have to shake my head and wonder.....

Just WTF where you all expecting?!?!

I've been an ATS member for more than 15 years now (originally under a different username), and for at least a decade prior to 2020 there was earnest interest in, and discussion of not only "The End Of The World As We Know It (TEOTWAWKI)", but the preparations one should undertake prior to "The Event" to survive and carry on.

I think we can all agree that the proverbial "S" hit the proverbial Fan in 2020, as a result of the COVID pandemic.

Now whether you believe that the pandemic, and the resulting world-wide economic upheaval that has followed it, was planned, or just an unfortunate natural disaster, makes no difference!

The fact is that we must now deal with our reality as it exists, not as it once was, not as it should have been, but as it is.

And that means that all those plans and preparations we talked about, and in some cases, even bragged about, need to be put into action.

It is said that you don't fight the war you planned for, you fight the war you're in.

COVID, and by extension 2020, might not have given us the Apocalypse we were expecting, but it gave us, undeniably, an End of the World as we knew it.

So why are so many of you now complaining about how everything is so awful? Had you not prepared for this? Had you not prepared for much worse? A world where fuel was not just expensive, but unavailable? A world without electricity or running water? A world that wasn't merely inconvenient, but actually all but uninhabitable?

Or is it that for all our grand talk, we're all just "snowflakes" in reality?
edit on 2-5-2022 by Mantiss2021 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Mantiss2021
I hear you. I'm completely off the grid. People are going to be in for a suprise when the rug gets pulled. Bad times on the horizon ahead. It will be Mad Max meets Fallout 4.
Get prepared as best you can for the real sh*tshow that's coming.

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Nucleardoom

My point, as I intended to make it, was that if you are not riding out the real sh*tshow that at was 2020 in relative comfort and security,

Your talk of "preparations" was all just BS; you were not prepared.

And you most likely will not be prepared should another crisis arise; gods forbid it be harsher than what we've already experienced.

Cities piled high with the dead bodies of all those who were expecting "everything to get back to normal".

No, the sh*tshow is here and now, and if you haven't already pulled on your waders (or "Wellies" as they say across the Pond) you're going to be hip deep in it.

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Dunno if ill fill the propane tank this year. Wood is gonna likely be 100% versus the 80% it was.

Electricity has gone way up too.

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Much fun at parties?
Holed up in a bunker?
You paint using a very wide brush.
I can only speak for me. You know nothing of me, nothing at all
Ya know what? IMO people that spew the trash you just did are certainly part of this whole problem.
You type about those that brag, did you read your own words?

BLEH!

Go on, you do you…..whatever Mr. I’ve been here 15 years.,.

Adios, Bye now……bu bi

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Ah my friend, you ain't seen nothin' yet.
Covid will be pleasant compared to what's coming.
I've been prepared for a while now, but are you?
Some of us heeded the many red flags and warning signs.
edit on 2-5-2022 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mantiss2021
I'm sorry, but when I read on these boards all the ranting and moaning about how expensive, how unavailable, how "crazy" everything is now, I have to shake my head and wonder.....

Just WTF where you all expecting?!?!

I've been an ATS member for more than 15 years now (originally under a different username), and for at least a decade prior to 2020 there was earnest interest in, and discussion of not only "The End Of The World As We Know It (TEOTWAWKI)", but the preparations one should undertake prior to "The Event" to survive and carry on.

I think we can all agree that the proverbial "S" hit the proverbial Fan in 2020, as a result of the COVID pandemic.

Now whether you believe that the pandemic, and the resulting world-wide economic upheaval that has followed it, was planned, or just an unfortunate natural disaster, makes no difference!

The fact is that we must now deal with our reality as it exists, not as it once was, not as it should have been, but as it is.

And that means that all those plans and preparations we talked about, and in some cases, even bragged about, need to be put into action.

It is said that you don't fight the war you planned for, you fight the war you're in.

COVID, and by extension 2020, might not have given us the Apocalypse we were expecting, but it gave us, undeniably, an End of the World as we knew it.

So why are so many of you now complaining about how everything is so awful? Had you not prepared for this? Had you not prepared for much worse? A world where fuel was not just expensive, but unavailable? A world without electricity or running water? A world that wasn't merely inconvenient, but actually all but uninhabitable?

Or is it that for all our grand talk, we're all just "snowflakes" in reality?

Don't believe for one minute this is a 'Hiccup' it's not. This will go far and wide to depths we never fathomed. Then it will get even worse. Wait for those two words to be spoken and then you will know it's 'Game on'. Woe the day you hear these two words and tremble in fear. Because at this point it would be too late to prepare.

These 'two' words would be.

(Austerity Measures)

I totally fear these words.

Beware and be aware when you hear these words spew from the leadership in any country and especially any modern west country. This will cause a catalyst finally.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join