It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women are Mad at American men for not Flirting

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

I remember telling a costume designer that the outfit she made looked great. I got called by HR and spoken to about how she saw my comment to mean "hey, you got great tits".

Were you pointing to her chest area and making swirly eyes?

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: JAGStorm

The problem is any kind of flirting CAN be taken the wrong way by some girl somewhere. In fact, it doesn't even have to be the girl getting flirted, any girl watching who feels uncomfortable can report you for sexual harassment.

It goes beyond there.

The year before COVID, my wife and I went out to eat on Valentine's Day. During the dinner conversation we were both discussing a mutual friend who my wife was upset with. Nothing dramatic, just my wife and I agreeing that that person's behavior was wrong. I'm certain no one would have been able to overhear the content of our conversation unless sitting at our very table. But apparently our facial expressions during the conversation were enough to spawn what happened shortly thereafter.

Four women were seated at a table about 10 feet away, when one of the women approached my wife of more than 30 years...hand on her shoulder, attempting to pull her out of her chair, while saying, "Honey, you don't need this man, if he's a POS, you can come and sit with us and have a good time."

At first we were both in shock. But then my wife gathered her senses and politely told the woman something to the effect of she was ok and to leave us alone.

Needless to say, that dinner experience was essentially over. My wife asked that I get the car, which I immediately did, while she paid the bill. A few minutes later, I pulled upfront and could see through the door that my wife was standing at the table of four women, which she had to pass to exit the restaurant, and seemed to still be engaged in conversation with them.

At first, it seemed like she was having a normal conversation, so I patiently waited. But then I could tell by a subtle change in my wife's posture that she was quickly moving into battle gear and destroy mode. I immediately leapt out of the vehicle to rush into the restaurant, but at that exact moment my wife was approaching the door and we both left restaurant together without further incident.

It turns out that the four women were urging my wife not to leave the restaurant for her 'safety' and demanding she spend the evening with them. She said she had to finally get aggressive with them to shut all of that nonsense down.

But there you have it. It only took a facial expression in the presence of a man, for other women to assume my wife was in distress or danger because of me.

Crazy abounds.

Needless to say, what is happening to the relationships between men and women in the workplace or merely in public settings is a far departure from where we were just a few years ago.

I can promise you, that women have suffered as a result of this change.
edit on 2-5-2022 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 10:18 AM
link   

So, working overseas, one day we get told corporate is sending someone "from the States". And "the word" is she is very difficult to work with.

-Wunderberries-

Anyway, the 'difficult one' arrives. You'll like this JAG, she was from the ROK and became a US citizen.

What was ironic is that being overseas, we were already used to more formality than was typical for the States, so we all got along splendidly. She was wickedly smart, hard working, and enjoyed a local beer and food with us, while telling us we had shown her a genuine "local" experience for our area.

Good times.

Cheers

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

We had an Intern, who was a very good looking woman. She had the hots for the head of Engineering. One day she wore a blue knit dress that clung every where. She walked past my office and I turned to look at her. A little bit later I get a call from HR asking me to come down. I was accused of sexual harassment. I told the HR woman to call her down and if her dress wasn't in violation of the dress code I'd take the suspension she wanted to give me. She came down and was immediately sent home to change. Nothing else was said to me.

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

That's crazy!

I think they wanted her to join "their" club if you catch my drift?

Also I know that divorcee's love to piss in other womens ears. They can't stand a happily married woman.

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 10:29 AM
link   

If I weren't already married and had to go out into this dating pool, I'd probably be by myself an awful lot. Then again, I imagine a good bit of that would be out of my hands anyway; I don't quite look the same as I did 20 years ago. It's just not worth the hassle or headache.

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Go mail order and forget these lost souls.......

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 10:30 AM
link   

You cannot legislate or rule by social media 100,000 years of societal evolution.

Men will always be men and women will always be women.

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

One day she wore a blue knit dress that clung every where.

I've seen it all.
One time we had a high level sales meeting. The sales team that came in had this ummmm woman.
She wore a sheer top with NO bra. You could see it all. I guess that's one way to make a sale, except, 90% of the people on our team were women. Our head VP had a talk with their team and was told never to send anyone inappropriate like that again.

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Except when men are women, and women are men, and some are neither and some are both, and some
like to marry anime or ghosts, or chandeliers.

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 10:34 AM
link   
It's odd there haven't been any of the usual people coming in to defend this type of behavior.

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Except when men are women, and women are men, and some are neither and some are both, and some
like to marry anime or ghosts, or chandeliers.

There will always be those that aren't normal.

*shrugs*

But guys just want women. Lately they've been told that being all vegan and soy will get them laid. Now women are realizing that this "messaging" is lame as # and eventually, will want men to be men and not some chin-beard drinking soy latte and talking about his feelings.

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 10:37 AM
link   

I have a running joke in bad taste...

Progressive women have proven men really are better at everything than women, including being women.

Clown world we live in.

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 10:38 AM
link   
If it wasn't for Sexual Harassment I'd have no love at all just ask my wife .

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

In college when I was working at Target as security my gf came to visit and a female worker who liked me and was mad I didn't date her instead reported me to HR for sexual harassment because I hugged my gf in the store, then made up a bunch of lies about things I never did.

HR never looked at video footage, called me down, and told me to sign something saying I was wrong and won't do it again. I refused. I asked if they looked at the video footage, they said no and said they aren't going to. I said I will sign something saying I understand harassment is wrong, as long as nothing in there makes any mention I did anything wrong. They tried to pressure me into signing their form still and eventually gave up.

I was guilty in their eyes with no evidence needed.

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 10:44 AM
link   

I'd hate to be a young guy just setting out down that road nowadays.

Never know how far to go for fear of being accused of some sort of harassment or worse.
Feels as if you have to ask permission for every single move...I think it'd spoil the spontaneity of it all.

The there's the fear of being accused of 'taking advantage' etc.

Its not just the US, its almost everywhere now.

The world's gone mad.

edit on 2/5/22 by Freeborn because: typo

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 10:47 AM
link   

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

My son was fired from Target for seeing an associate have an accident on his day off.
I was with him and witnessed the entire thing.

His day off I needed some stuff so we went to Target. The supervisor stopped him and asked "what are you doing here on your day off" He told him that his mom needed some things. We are checking out and a cashier slipped on wet flooring and falls. My son asks if she is ok and tries to help her, looks like she might have been minorly hurt.

The next day, his work day, he was fired for not coming in on his scheduled day off(the day we were there). He wasn't scheduled to work, he was off, I even heard it with my own ear by his supervisor. I told him not to fight it because it wasn't worth working for a place like that. He was just a teen. It was so shifty and I am not at all surprised by your story either. There are many many more i've heard from so many different people. I think both Walmart and Target are guilty of things like this.

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 10:54 AM
link   

You cannot legislate or rule by social media 100,000 years of societal evolution.

Men will always be men and women will always be women

Amen to that Brother.

I'm a typical red blooded male and I appreciate the female form.

I have lots of female friends and a fair number of them wear clothing that tends to show off their better attributes.
I can't help but look and frequently get told to talk to their face and not other parts of their anatomy....I try to tell them that its a sort of compliment.
They tend just to laugh at me....most consider me a quaint, dirty old man nowadays.

Why women wear revealing clothes and then complain when men look is beyond me.
Not saying they should be rude or derogatory....but nothing wrong with window shopping, is there?

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 10:57 AM
link   

so many tears and inferiority complexes in one thread! tissues anyone? misogyny is neither masculine nor sexy.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join