It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China reports first human case of H3N8 bird flu

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Just in time for Summer BBQ cook outs!!

bnonews.com...

A 4-year-old boy in central China has been infected with H3N8 bird flu, making it the first time that the virus has been confirmed in humans. Scientists believe that a previous strain of the virus – which is also found in horses and dogs – was responsible for the 1889 pandemic.

The boy, from Zhumadian City in Henan Province, developed fever and other symptoms on April 5 and was hospitalized on April 10 when his condition worsened, China’s National Health Commission (NHC) said in a statement.

“On the 24th, the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention conducted a test on the patient specimen sent from Henan Province and the result was positive for the H3N8 avian influenza virus,” NHC said in the statement.

The child had been in contact with chickens and crows which were raised at his home in Zhumadian, a city about 245 kilometers (153 miles) north of Wuhan, or 715 kilometers (445 miles) northwest of Shanghai.

H3N8 is found in birds but it’s also found in horses and is one of two viruses that causes dog flu. It had never been confirmed in a human although researchers believe that a previous strain caused the 1889 pandemic, which was known as “Asiatic flu” and “Russian flu.”

So now we go from Bats to Chickens? Stay away from winged creatures I guess? With the mid terms coming up watch them just tell everyone to mail in the ballots again!

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Post deleted by owner

Saving mods the work..

Respectfully,
~meathead
edit on 26-4-2022 by Mike Stivic because: I'm dumb

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Can we just fast forward to the zombie pandemic already, this crap is getting old.

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 05:52 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

The KFC here in town still will not let you dine inside its delivery or drive thru only!

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ColoradoTemplar

I don’t know about KFC or where they procure their tasty birds but right now at this moment I’m having a serious second thought about this left over general tso chicken. 🍗

# it down the hatch

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Just in the "neck" of time ! 💀🤬🐔

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Nice... about a 3 or 4-hour drive from Wuhan. 🤣
🤡🌎

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 06:14 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Don't forget the swine flu; three cases in California in February, and I just read in the last day or two of a larger outbreak occurring in ....Samoa. And China. And a 'highly contagious' version is breaking out in Africa, plus several other countries. The hope is to keep this variety from entering the US'
China has found a new strain that humans have no immunity to, and could easily become a global pandemic.

It looks like they have plenty of viruses to choose from, and if that fails they can just throw them all in together. I wonder how long the waiting lines will be for the newest vaccines?

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Shortlived as it was.

Got a well worth...and deserved spankin!

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 06:49 PM
link   

The CDC says bird droppings can transmit this very deadly disease to you. There are 19 humans with it, as of April 13th.

Source: www.cdc.gov...

------------

FYI: A bird pooped on President Biden's lapel earlier this month. It's a Good thing none of the fluid and feces splattered onto his lips!

www.newsweek.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Why am I not surprised 🙄

Do those commies ever get anything right?

They think they are going to take Taiwan? Ha, they can't even contain COVID. And now bird flu?

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

They have bigger problems, all their military hardware is made in China… wait a minute?

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Just in time for Mid-Terms .

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Was having a bad case of the mondays. It was worth a much needed smile.

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 07:44 PM
link   

one has to ask, why so many dangerous and deadly diseases coming from China these days? not just covid-19, but also now this bird flue, and that on top of the swine flu that china has been shipping to other countries via smuggling pork into those countries, which has done severe damage to countries like the Philippines and their pork industry (along with chicken, being the main source of meat). and lets not forget that SARS, which was the last world wide disease spread concern before Covid, also came from China.

and i for one do not believe the fairy tale of wild game, sold at a farmer's market (lets ditch the racist names of "bush meat" which would be exactly the same as "wild game" people all over the world hunt and consume. as well as "wet market", which is essentially a "farmer's market. both being terms used to make it seem different and cause racism. and PS using racist triggering words like that was used long ago to make pot illegal), being the cause of covid-19
edit on 26-4-2022 by generik because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
a reply to: JinMI

Was having a bad case of the mondays. It was worth a much needed smile.

What continent are you on? It's Tuesday here in Amerika.

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColoradoTemplar
a reply to: Brotherman

The KFC here in town still will not let you dine inside its delivery or drive thru only!

I would say boycott them then

Learn to cook fried chicken & mash at home, much healthier , tastier & cheaper

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: generik

one has to ask, why so many dangerous and deadly diseases coming from China these days? not just covid-19, but also now this bird flue, and that on top of the swine flu that china has been shipping to other countries via smuggling pork into .

If it can be done with an animal, it is done in China. OK?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join