It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter set to accept Elon Musk’s $43 billion buyout offer ...see update

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

originally posted by: chiefsmom
Man, if it goes through, how many Karen's and Kevin's will close their accounts?

I may actually open one, if it does.

I wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of staff resign as well, but I think it will be a good thing to have them gone upfront.

I have a twitter account I seldom use, but I keep it for those occasions it is useful.

I have a mental image of Twitter employees clutching a gasoline can in one hand and a lighter in the other, waiting anxiously for word that the deal has closed.

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz
www.washingtonpost.com...

“Well, I think we would want to err on the, if in doubt, let the speech, let it exist. But if it’s a gray area, I would say let the tweet exist,” he said. “But obviously in a case where there’s perhaps a lot of controversy, you’re not necessarily going to promote that tweet. I’m not saying I have all the answers here.”

“My strong intuitive sense is that having a public platform that is maximally trusted and broadly inclusive is extremely important to the future of civilization,” he said. “I don’t care about the economics at all.”

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

The one true take-away from all of this is that Musk forced the left to defend censorship.

I didn't use Twitter before, I see no reason to use it now.

But the left now owns endorsing, promoting censorship.

So now I will make lol at all their faces.

lol.

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
... the MSM is suddenly going to go on a crusade to demonize Elon Musk and his companies?

No they won't. He's working on brain-chip technologies. They're terrified of what he'll put into them as payback.

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

originally posted by: Klassified

originally posted by: chiefsmom
Man, if it goes through, how many Karen's and Kevin's will close their accounts?

I may actually open one, if it does.

I wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of staff resign as well, but I think it will be a good thing to have them gone upfront.

I have a twitter account I seldom use, but I keep it for those occasions it is useful.

I have a mental image of Twitter employees clutching a gasoline can in one hand and a lighter in the other, waiting anxiously for word that the deal has closed.

Do you think trump is pleased that Elon will have a controlling interest in twitter.

Elon wasn't a trump supporter.

www.newsweek.com...

In November 2016, on the eve of the election in which Trump beat Hilary Clinton, Musk declared that he doesn't believe that the Republican is the right person for the White House.

"I feel a bit stronger that he is probably not the right guy," Musk told CNBC. "He doesn't seem to have the sort of character that reflects well on the United States."

is Deny Ignorance still a thing?

edit on 25-4-2022 by olaru12 because: syntax

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Do you think trump is pleased that Elon will have a controlling interest in twitter.

He might be! Some are saying Elon might take Trump out of Twitter Jail.
From the story I linked above he also doesn't necessarily agree with forever bans.

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I'm freaking ecstatic over this. Been watching the whole thing play out on Twitter and definitely lots of people are miffed. Who the heck argues with free speech? The " govern me harder daddy " crew.
Elon will clean house and by the sounds of it, half the garbage will take itself out.
Oh happy day.

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: AccessDenied

govern me harder daddy

/dead 🤣

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Yeah, and he wasn't a rabid, intellectually vapid TDS level 10 trump hater either.

Apparently not, at least based on your words.

Musk is a lot of things, but in spite of his obvious smarts, he has a whole lot of shortcomings too - as evidenced by his support of Andrew Yang and the ludicrous concept of UBI...

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Musk is a lot of things, but in spite of his obvious smarts, he has a whole lot of shortcomings too - as evidenced by his support of Andrew Yang and the ludicrous concept of UBI...

They are already trying UBI, they are just doing it by the spoonful right now.

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: optimisticcontrarian

The great part is today the stock skyrocketed with just the thought of Musk buying it bahaha

You don't think that has more to do with the fact that Musk is offering above market value for the stock?

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 02:08 PM
link   

No. But a lot of people didn't see the beauty in the Trump back then. I know I didn't see it yet at that point.
But what a great and powerful weapon for MAGA he has been.
I also think Musk's opinion has changed since then.

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 02:10 PM
link   

How steeped in ignorance must one be to make the conclusion that simply because people may have differing political opinions, that the speech of the other should be censored?

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 02:10 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Well it's official now. Twitter has accepted Elon's offer.
Wonder how long before anyone see's a difference on Twiiter?

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I have a friend who used to be the mayor of a small town a ways from here. He's a good guy. I like him, but I didn't think he was a particularly good mayor and he knows it. So who's to say what kind of relationship Trump and Musk have outside of politics? Musk owning twitter is not necessarily a bad thing for Trump.

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 02:14 PM
link   
And its official.
Mr Musk is the owner of Twatter.

May Doge Coin reach the moon!

Board reaches deal

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Historic moment.

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: INnEedOfgOD

Ok, rough draft of first tweet:

LOL at this war being 100% all about hiding Hunter's laptop and protecting Papa Joe! Doesn't hurt that this helps hide the horrible news from Phizer! @brianstelter

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
I wonder if he's considered renaming it?
Or, rather, I think they call it "re-branding" when you're that big.

Twitter is such a stupid name.

I heard he's going to make the dodgecoin dog as it's new icon:

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join