It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is there suddenly an extremely severe shortage of workers all over the world?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
It’s too easy to job shop, or to be lured away now.

Yeah. My wife wanted a new job and got one in less than two weeks with a medical start up that gave her a huge raise over his previous salary. Jobs are out there if you are staying in your area of expertise.

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
a reply to: JAGStorm

Jag? In Dearborn...Rams Horn Restaurant has a sign: $20 an hr. Work today. Get paid tomorrow

Now...you need a food handlers card from the County....even 16 yr olds to even work Macs.

So...now? Forget you might have any communicable diseases or infection's....come on in, wait or cook a few tables...I'll cut you a check tonight.

What happened to the food handlers helath requirements n Michigan?????

That is a thing here too, Daily PAY.

Isn’t that weird, I can only think of what demographic that is catering to…

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
Now...you need a food handlers card from the County....even 16 yr olds to even work Macs.

When I had my restaurants everyone had to have food handler's training, it was a couple hour video at townhall and was free. This isn't new.

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I saw a McDonald's sign a few months ago: "Help Wanted. $15/hour. Paid daily."

When fast food switches to day labor, you know things are not going well somewhere. Of course, we are talking McDonald's... I'm not as worried about who is preparing their food, but whether it qualifies as actual food,

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Interesting. The Company I work for has openings that they are willing to train people for. They are paying a hiring bonus and a referral bonus. (made a nice chunk of change on that) We keep having interviews, but, we lose most of those on the drug test. People whine about MJ being semi-legal, I actually agree with them. The problem is that we do a lot of work for the Federal Government and they mandate the tests. Personally I don't care what you do on your time off. I do care if you come to work a high voltage, high amperage test stoned or drunk.

Several others interview and when we make them an offer, use it to leverage a raise from their current job.

One thing I've found out is that several families with both parents working have found that when expenses like day care are factored in, they can live comfortably on one pay check.

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

In my labor market (Business Process Consulting / Large IT Supply chain solutions) the labor market went bonkers.

What once cost me $40k a year now costs me $100k a year for an entry resource
what once cost me $70k a year is now $150k for a resource with 1-3 years experience
What once cost me $125-150 is now $225k + for a resource with 10 years experience

Not only that, the only type of resources I can find are in the entry resources
As well as any resources that I find in the other two categories, I can't get myself to pay what they are asking.

People in our line of work are without resources, not bidding work, and there are more projects than people..

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

The concept of a two-income family is actually fairly recent. During WWII, when the men were off fighting, women took jobs to keep the economy going. The Federal government actually ran a huge ad campaign to encourage it. Once the war was over, many women found they liked working outside the home, and business encouraged it because they could pay women far less than men to do the same job.

Over time, the idea of DIY and self-sufficiency died down because no one was at home to handle things themselves. An entire service economy grew up around doing things for people that people used to do for themselves. As families spent more on these new services, they had to make more to pay for them, and that necessitated both spouses working outside the home.

A housewife is worth her weight in gold. One cannot buy the services that the typical housewife does every single day. I think maybe that concept is starting to change, and I welcome it. I have no issue whatsoever with women in the workforce, and I believe they should be paid commensurate with their make counterparts, but no family should require two incomes to make ends meet. Working outside the home should be a personal decision, not a forced economic mandate.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

A housewife is worth her weight in gold. One cannot buy the services that the typical housewife does every single day. I think maybe that concept is starting to change, and I welcome it. I have no issue whatsoever with women in the workforce, and I believe they should be paid commensurate with their make counterparts, but no family should require two incomes to make ends meet. Working outside the home should be a personal decision, not a forced economic mandate.

You said it, he said it, she said it but when the rubber hits the road why do I always hear

"That is a starter job and shouldn't make xyz, That job is for teens, That job shouldn't be paid xyz"

We can't have it both ways. We can't pay people a non livable wage and then also champion the family structure with a parent at home. We often talk about fast food is a teens job and shouldn't be a living wage. What about a janitor, what about a person that works at the grocery store? All these were living wage jobs in the past. My uncle was a janitor in the (60-90s), he bought a gigantic house on several acres, had a pool and nice furniture, and raised three kids with wife at home on a janitors salary. Try that now!!

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Try being a teacher... One of the most important jobs we can have and it pays less than 95% of jobs out there.

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: mzinga

Try being a teacher... One of the most important jobs we can have and it pays less than 95% of jobs out there.

I know a teacher in my area that is working 3 jobs to survive. That's nuts!

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 10:08 AM
link   

The average teacher's salary in New Jersey is close to $70K, well above the median.

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

The average teacher's salary in New Jersey is close to $70K, well above the median.

I imagine at 70K in New Jersey that feels like poverty.

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 10:13 AM
link   

I imagine at 70K in New Jersey that feels like poverty.

Yeah, in the northern part of the state it's not a huge salary but two similar salaries from two parents and it's workable.

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yeah, in the northern part of the state it's not a huge salary but two similar salaries from two parents and it's workable.

What if one of the parents wants to stay at home, it is probably not possible with the cost of housing there.
That was my point earlier.

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 10:18 AM
link   
what could account for the glut of jobs not being filled , all over the world ?

One might decide there is a much smaller workforce after two years of Pandemic.

IOW, more workers died than was reported ! because the Economies of Earth did not create new openings by growth !

eugenics exposed !

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
A housewife is worth her weight in gold. One cannot buy the services that the typical housewife does every single day.
It's an almost forgotten way of life. My wife is the only housewife I know these days ... but, she made a lot of money on her own in her time.

... no family should require two incomes to make ends meet.

Can't make ends meet on a single paycheck these days. Major reason 30 year olds are still kids living in mommy and daddy's basement.

A bigger looming issue is retirement. People can't retire anymore. They just can't set aside enough to get them to the end in any relative comfort.

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: SeriouslyDeep

Why is there suddenly an extremely severe shortage of workers all over the world?

Because of assholes like Soros, Trudeau, Biden, etc.

Government got involved with handling covid and royally screwed up the world.

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 10:22 AM
link   

What if one of the parents wants to stay at home, it is probably not possible with the cost of housing there.
That was my point earlier.

In the area outside NYC it's probably not going to happen but in the western/southern part of the state you can find more affordable housing.

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Can't make ends meet on a single paycheck these days. Major reason 30 year olds are still kids living in mommy and daddy's basement.

This is absolute poison that tptb put into everyones head.

There is nothing stronger than the family unit. There is absolutely nothing wrong with grown children living with their parents. Why is it OK for elderly parents to come living with their adult children when they need help, but not OK for adult children to do the same?

It's perfectly fine. What does it do? It allows families to keep more money in their own pockets because they don't have to spend so much on housing/utilities/shared resources. Tptb just hate that. They want everyone grinding their life away with no joy of family.

Look at China. Why do you think they went through their industrial revolution at the speed of light. Family will sacrifice everything for each other. The grandparents will watch the kids while the parents work. The parents will take care of grandma and grandpa and keep them out of the nursing home.
edit on 25-4-2022 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I remember a time back when I posted how my wife, a nurse, decided to be a stay-at-home mom to our sons instead.

I was blasted at being called "old fashioned" and misogynistic.

But they were probably just babes without men posting so I ignored it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join