It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York Times Op-ed: Let’s Get Rid of God

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2023 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Grovy, they will replace god with hairy big men in drag queens, they will be teaching the littler kids during the reading story time about the sex and gender delights.

Pedos are pouring lots of money on all this, I bet you, eliminate God in order to eliminate sanity, decorum, modesty and social normal behavior.

Normalize obscenity and depravity and call it "free expression".

posted on Apr, 2 2023 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Children should not be exposed to only one religion until they have been taught all the options.

Perhaps only after puberty should they be able to make their choice. You know, as an adult.

Otherwise it’s not really a choice at all. It’s forced on them.
We should not force beliefs on little ones.

posted on Apr, 2 2023 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: spacedoubt

Because my upbringing religion played a big role in my decision to allow my children to choose whatever they wanted to worship.

Both of them came home several times asking to visit a place of worship due to friends, I let them go, right now as adults they have their own personal believes and I respect and support them.

Religion regardless of its reputation it does provides hope and standards for living in society.

I am not a religious person as an adult and my believes are mixed.

posted on Apr, 2 2023 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

That's a good one. If one asks, me, it's not the godless liberals who have weakened Christianity, it's Christians themselves.

There are liberal Christians too. But you're right: in fact, this thread is typical of the damage a certain kind of Christian does to the Christian community and the repute of Christianity.

The author of the article under discussion is actually a Jew, and he is writing for his fellow Jews. He inveighs only against a certain concept of God: the indiscriminately murderous tyrant of the Old Testament. His article is a sermon, taking for its text the example of the slaughter of the firstborn of Egypt, as recounted in Exodus 11-12. This being Passover time, it's topical.

Much of what Auslander says would probably have been approved by Jesus, who -- as some Christians may remember -- modified Mosaic law by abolishing vengeance.

Here is the actual article, unpaywalled, for anyone who is interested in the truth rather than looking to confirm their evil prejudices through a deceitful game of Chinese Whispers, using -- as usual -- a MAGA hate site as a source, and befouling Christianity with their ordure.

posted on Apr, 2 2023 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

Nexttimemaybe: God told man to commit genocide, rape and murder. Why would you want kids worshiping that?

You: instead of diverting a thread maybe you could ask that question in the Religious section.

Nexttimemaybe has identified precisely what the
op-ed under discussion is about. Is it fear of the truth that makes you try to censor others?

edit on 3/4/23 by Astyanax because:

posted on Apr, 3 2023 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Good! Its time for humanity to drop the silly belief in "gods'". Think we have evolved past the need to think invisible sky fairies are responsible for us existing/why things happen. God is dead!!!

posted on Apr, 3 2023 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: MatteBlak

Yep now we got "free expression" pedos dress as women teaching children about the delights of 200 gender variations, body mutilations and how to a fabulous queer.

Wrong, religion have a place in society, it helps keep the crazies at bay.

posted on Apr, 3 2023 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

And none of that happens...sorry but as much as you hate it, lgbt+ folks exist and have always existed. They are are not going away. Religion has no place in society, part of the reason that has held humanity back for so long. Ill go ahead and even say you can believe in your sky daddy. Once your start pushing those beliefs on the rest of us, then there is a problem

posted on Apr, 5 2023 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
a reply to: jjkenobi

The God in Islam is the same guy as in Christianity, so why would Islamists want to get rid of him? They probably would prefer if the Christians were all Muslims instead, but that’s hardly the same thing.

the allah of Islam is NOT NOT NOT the God of the Bible / Judeo-Christian faith.
not even close.

allah has no son. Yawheh is the Father of Jesus. (I know, the Jews don't accept that)

posted on Apr, 6 2023 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

So there's more than one One God?

That creates some conceptual difficulties.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join