It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York Times Op-ed: Let’s Get Rid of God

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I suspect soon we will not be able to teach our children about Jesus and God because the clown crew will no longer allow it. This is the culture war we are in.

I think it is almost time for departure.

The New York Times published an op-ed Friday that proposes eliminating belief in God

www.nytimes.com...

www.breitbart.com...

Titled “In This Time of War, I Propose We Give Up God,” the article claims that God is responsible for “war and violence” and for “oppression and suffering,” and suggests that people stop teaching children about Him.

If he were mortal, the God of Jews, Christians and Muslims would be dragged to The Hague. And yet we praise him. We emulate him. We implore our children to be like him.

Perhaps now, as missiles rain down and the dead are discovered in mass graves, is a good time to stop emulating this hateful God. Perhaps we can stop extolling his brutality. Perhaps now is a good time to teach our children to pass over God — to be as unlike him as possible.

+25 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

God just proposed getting rid of the New York Times...

Any bets on who goes first?

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I think you’re being a bit hyperbolic. People have been writing stuff like this for a very, very long time.

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Yeah but why do we see this attitude, Christians and their woeful teaching and understanding of scripture
Their judgement and condemnation of people and selfishness, politicking and grandstanding, demanding others bow to our will.
No wonder people despise God when the church misrepresents Him as an ogre of war, condemnation and judgement

It’s not completely unfair when those who are supposed to represent God pervert Gods message

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
I think you’re being a bit hyperbolic. People have been writing stuff like this for a very, very long time.

It's just as inexcusable now as it was whenever. Blaming God for the actions of mankind is the mind of irresponsible children (but adults doing it).. It's pathetic. It just figures we would see this right now coming from the NYT with all the other pathetic trash they put in print.
edit on 16-4-2022 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: edit

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Or we can get rid of those who want to get rid of the belief.

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Titled “In This Time of War, I Propose We Give Up God,” the article claims that God is responsible for “war and violence” and for “oppression and suffering,” and suggests that people stop teaching children about Him.

If he were mortal, the God of Jews, Christians and Muslims would be dragged to The Hague. And yet we praise him. We emulate him. We implore our children to be like him.

Perhaps now, as missiles rain down and the dead are discovered in mass graves, is a good time to stop emulating this hateful God. Perhaps we can stop extolling his brutality. Perhaps now is a good time to teach our children to pass over God — to be as unlike him as possible.

It's easy to see who's running the N.Y. Slimes.

edit on 16-4-2022 by Randyvine2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

I dunno. In the bible God made mankind (and everything else) so in a trace everything back to the source kinda way it is his fault, really.

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 08:53 PM
link   
oh no, people writing their opinions in an opinion column! truly the end of days are upon us!

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

It's just as inexcusable now as it was whenever. Blaming God for the actions of mankind is the mind of irresponsible children (but adults doing it).. It's pathetic. It just figures we would see this right now coming from the NYT with all the other pathetic trash they put in print.

Its no different than People who never grow beyond themselves . We all as individuals must go through the stages of Maturity , and one of the most important milestones of Maturity is Realizing that we are responsible for our own Problems . Blaming others for our individual problems is a classic short coming that many people never grow beyond .

Mankind blaming God for our issues is ridiculous , We are our greatest Evil and we always have been .

I see humanity as sphere of creation by God , but we are on our own God will not intervene .

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 09:04 PM
link   
This is a good thread so far. People wanting to kill others for writing an article.

When the founding document of the country in question explicitly protects this sort of thing. Twice, in fact.

I’d take a twitter ban for my opinions on women’s sports over a death penalty for blasphemy, tbh.

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 09:13 PM
link   
The NYTimes is partially right.

God ALLOWS all things, both good and bad.

Sounds like the NYTimes is trying to protect God from receiving blame.

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Negative my good member

This sounds as tho it came right out of the mouth of THE ACCUSER.

edit on 16-4-2022 by Randyvine2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Randyvine2

Negative my good member

This sounds as tho it came right out of the mouth of THE ACCUSER.

Get rid of God, and God can't be blamed for everything going downhill in the world after Joe Biden was cheated into the White House.
edit on 4/16/2022 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 09:36 PM
link   

At the same time it fits right in the playbook the left is using.

Accuse the opposition of everything they are guilty of and then some.

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Here's my first thought about that ...

I want to see how that works out for them.
:
edit on 2022 4 16 by incoserv because: I could.

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I'll keep believing in the supreme consciousness of everything that exists. and the local entity which is a part of god comprised of the consciousness of all life on earth...not just mankind either.

I am not much of a believer in Religions that try to take god as their own. God is not just the god of man, it is the god of all life and nobody controls god. Is god male? I don't think god can be considered male or female and god probably does not look like humans.

The local presence of god or the local collective consciousness is what I am most interested in understanding. It has more relevance to us here on earth. The reality man has created is far from real. But mankind has created consensus of the time which is what we live in. We were given the job of caretaking this planet and we messed it up. Because we seem to believe we are better than everything else, I have a lot of respect for all life. most people don't think that way.

bacteria do not have to bite us, they can live symbiotic with us and they have their own collective consciousness which is in constant communication with our subconscious. Like any animal, if we fear them and do something to piss them off, they will bite us. Viruses seem to be some kind of reprogramming organism to alter our physiology. Something structures them, and mankind seems to want to modify them to do their bidding along with other microbes. Which is very dangerous.

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Lol. The guy who wrote this trash is called Shalom Auslander. What a clown.

I'm sure he only meant getting rid of the Jewish faith.

Anybody with half a braincell knows that if you go after people's religious beliefs you only manage to strengthen their convictions exponentially.

posted on Apr, 17 2022 @ 12:08 AM
link   

a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

I dunno. In the bible God made mankind (and everything else) so in a trace everything back to the source kinda way it is his fault, really.

Suppose a father raises his children and provides well for them. Later, one son rebels, moves out of the home, and chooses a self-destructive lifestyle. Would the father be responsible for his son’s conduct? Could the son blame his father for negative consequences that he experiences? In a similar way, we cannot blame God for our suffering, or our choices (when it comes to the subjects God is blamed for in the Times article: “war and violence” and for “oppression and suffering”). The Bible says: “Whatever a person is sowing, this he will also reap.” (Galatians 6:7) Some suffering is brought on by our own choices.

Humans bear a heavy responsibility for suffering (and the other subjects mentioned in the Times article). Much of it has been caused by oppressive governments that have made life hard for the very people they claim to serve.

“Man has dominated man to his harm.”​—ECCLESIASTES 8:9.

The discussion concerning 'blame' (i.e. who is "responsible", to use the word from the Times article) is a slightly different discussion than merely the '(first) cause and effect' discussion.
edit on 17-4-2022 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2022 @ 12:19 AM
link   
The liberals trying to get rid of God? That's a good one. If one asks, me, it's not the godless liberals who have weakened Christianity, it's Christians themselves.

Over the years, the majority of those who claim faith in Jesus and the Bible have turned over the two major celebrations of Jesus's life, namely his birth and his death, to a fat man in a red suit who lives at the North Pole with a bunch of elves and a White Rabbit that distributes colored eggs to all the children of Christian families.

So no, i'ts not liberals and the commie media that are to blame, it's Christians themsleves. Happy Easter, hippity hop.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join