It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York Times Op-ed: Let’s Get Rid of God

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2022 @ 12:54 AM
link   
This article reads like the scene in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas when the lawyer opens the briefcase on the highway and all the powder flies out.

"DID YOU SEE WHAT GOD DID TO US, MAN?!"

posted on Apr, 17 2022 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

originally posted by: Ohanka
I think you’re being a bit hyperbolic. People have been writing stuff like this for a very, very long time.

It's just as inexcusable now as it was whenever. Blaming God for the actions of mankind is the mind of irresponsible children (but adults doing it).. It's pathetic. It just figures we would see this right now coming from the NYT with all the other pathetic trash they put in print.

I see humanity as sphere of creation by God , but we are on our own God will not intervene .

occasionally He does but mostly we're on our own.
He gave us Earth and we haven't always been good stewards of it

posted on Apr, 17 2022 @ 04:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: infolurker

Or we can get rid of those who want to get rid of the belief.

i'll second that motion!

send them to their god a bit sooner. lol.

posted on Apr, 17 2022 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: sarahvital

Are you as confused as your post is making it's readers?

posted on Apr, 17 2022 @ 08:26 AM
link   

I suspect soon we will not be able to teach our children about Jesus and God because the clown crew will no longer allow it. This is the culture war we are in.

Are people not allowed to have and express an opinion , because that is all this is.

Under god with liberty and justice for all.

His opinion will change nothing.

posted on Apr, 17 2022 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Randyvine2

Agreed, it's perverse that an article like this can run on Easter weekend. The abject failure to grasp any of the central themes of the Old or New Testaments makes the author sound like a bitter child who just had his lollipop taken away because he'd carelessly dropped it into a pile of dog#, now complaining because teacher is looking out for him.

If you want to write about biology, you go to a biologist. If you need to talk about new methods of manufacture, you go to an engineer. If you want to talk about God, get the views of a theologian, at least let a theologian respond to the tripe you're spouting. It's shameful that this is the sort of fare that passes for journalism in the USA today.

Cheers, FITO.

edit on AprilSunday2214CDT09America/Chicago-050050 by FlyInTheOintment because: spelling

posted on Apr, 17 2022 @ 09:53 AM
link   
You know who else wanted to eliminate belief in God?

Stalin and Hitler.

posted on Apr, 17 2022 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: CloneFarm1000
This article reads like the scene in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas when the lawyer opens the briefcase on the highway and all the powder flies out.

"DID YOU SEE WHAT GOD DID TO US, MAN?!"

That's one of my favorite lines in the movie.

"You're a #ing narcotics agent!"

posted on Apr, 17 2022 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Interesting discussion so far; however, there is one point in the piece that I think would not go over so well with any sort of liberal agenda. From the article:

the God of Jews, Christians, and Muslims

I think the Jews can take it, having been persecuted for their beliefs. I believe the Christians can take it as well with similar issues and responses. The Muslim response, however...

posted on Apr, 17 2022 @ 10:27 AM
link   

“Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.”
-Luke 23:34

posted on Apr, 17 2022 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: 19Bones79

Lol. The guy who wrote this trash is called Shalom Auslander. What a clown.

I'm sure he only meant getting rid of the Jewish faith.

Anybody with half a braincell knows that if you go after people's religious beliefs you only manage to strengthen their convictions exponentially.

What a stupid pseudonym.

posted on Apr, 17 2022 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I wonder about this killing of religion that has gone on for decades, right now we see how society is embracing deviants as the norm, even the programming of children in schools to follow the new ideologies.

Yep you can not have religion or God when you are in an agenda, that is not base in nature, but created by men.

Humans think they are in charge of nature, but oh, lord they are soo wrong, we are nothing but animals that can think and no always in the best interest of the human race.

posted on Apr, 17 2022 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Some of the sentiment in this thread more than justifies the opinion in the article.

posted on Apr, 17 2022 @ 11:18 AM
link   
put 'God' in the proper framework...Science-Technology-class 3 civilization

Religion is not the proper category

the Divine Civilization tell menkind of a cosmic cycle of destruction and renewal that Earth enters about every 12,000 year cycle and this cycle is called Har Megeddon

the roadmap of events within this cycle are given to humanity in Prophecy...which we have enshrined as 'Sacred Knowledge'
and given the title of Holy Words in Religion

We are breaking free of Earthly bondage of this Prison planet

posted on Apr, 17 2022 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

Its no different than People who never grow beyond themselves . We all as individuals must go through the stages of Maturity

I'm not sure "must" is the right word there. These days, there are plenty of people who never grow up.

Take the NY Times for example. This op-ed could've been written at any point during the year, but they specifically did it on Good Friday. It was pretty clearly meant to troll Christians. The NY Times is literally being run by people with the maturity of a high school girl.

And scarily a lot of progressives admire this. If you don't believe me, go look at their giddy reactions on social media to this op-ed. They're so excited they got to troll Christians on a holy day, and many of these people are adults and presumably some have kids.

Going through life with the maturity of a 15 year old is not something to be admired.

posted on Apr, 17 2022 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Can't have the masses believing there is a higher authority than the one world government.

posted on Apr, 17 2022 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick

The Muslim response, however...

Christians will die a horrible death for what they believe.

Muslims will kill you and everyone else for what they believe.

posted on Apr, 17 2022 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
Can't have the masses believing there is a higher authority than the one world government.

That's basically it.

the left does not want you to have the freedom to believe what you want.

posted on Apr, 17 2022 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

As opposed to to some in this thread who I doubt are on the left of the spectrum that think writing an opinion on the Judeo-Christian-Islamic God that is counter to their own warrants the death penalty.

posted on Apr, 17 2022 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
a reply to: DBCowboy

As opposed to to some in this thread who I doubt are on the left of the spectrum that think writing an opinion on the Judeo-Christian-Islamic God that is counter to their own warrants the death penalty.

This is all about free speech, essentially.

We have to protect the right, even when such is counter to what we believe.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join