It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did God carry out modern day surgery on Adam to Create Eve?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic
Your post shows why your argument fails and you have the same habit as the other guy. You just ignore questions.

Just because you post something that makes "you" feel has answered questions, that doesn't mean everyone thinks your answer was good enough.

Actually, none of us can say if anyone else's arguments fail, although I am also guilty of doing that. This isn't a debate. There are no official judges to indicate whether one person's point fails or not.

That is up to the reader to decide.

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Didn't you just say:

I'm not even really reading your replies

I asked you questions over and over again and you didn't answer any of them. You just ignore the questions and start asking new questions just like the Joe guy.

Yes, your argument fails when you claim the Bible is full of plot holes and then when you can't answer questions or refute what's being said, you start saying a Christian traditionalist would say this or that. You're not a Christian traditionalist, you're the guy calling the Bible a myth and saying it's full of plot holes.

It shows you don't want a debate. A debate is 2 way.

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic
I'm not even really reading your replies

Yep, I have no idea what the rest of that post actually said. I'll scan a bit but not really read them. Waste of time, you usually just repeat the same argument.

I asked you questions over and over again and you didn't answer any of them.

I already told you why I can't answer them. Obviously that isn't a good enough answer for you. Sorry, but you are not getting any answers from me on that topic.

It shows you don't want a debate. A debate is 2 way.

This isn't a debate, it is a discussion. You have your say and then others have theirs.
edit on 19-4-2022 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

You said:

I'm not so sure all humans were descended from Adam and Eve. After Adam and Eve had Cain and Abel and Cain killed Abel, Cain was sent to Nod and married a girl there and started his own family.

Good point!

Who was living in the land of Nod that Cain was afraid of? How did Cain find a wife in Nod?

These were the people Created in the image of God in day 6 that were different than Adam. This also matches what we know about hominid evolution.

God Created 3 times in Genesis chapter 1. Verses 1, 21 and 27. Each time is associated with an increase of information and order.

The image(primitive hominoids) were given dominion over the animals Created in verse 21. They were smart but not smart enough to build modern civilization and explore the planet like we do. They remained isolated from each other so many different hominids evolved.

When the descendents of Adam came on the scene, they were very different. They wanted to explore the planet and build modern civilizations. So they absorbed all of the other hominids.

Here's a recent article on this:

Homo sapiens is #9. Who were the eight other human species?

Most experts agree that our species, Homo sapiens (Latin for “wise men”), is the ninth and youngest human species. The lives of the other eight species tell a story of how humans slowly evolved away from the other apes, developing the ability to walk, eat meat, hunt, build shelters, and perform symbolic acts. Our ancestors probably pushed our closest relatives, the Neanderthals, to extinction. Wise guys finish last.

bigthink.com...

Adam, likeness, was a higher order of intelligence. We're mini-creators because we were made in the likeness of God. We can create and build modern civilization like God Creates the universe and all things.

The Bibe predicts what science discovers! PRAISE GOD!

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

I'm not so sure all humans were descended from Adam and Eve. After Adam and Eve had Cain and Abel and Cain killed Abel, Cain was sent to Nod and married a girl there and started his own family.

Genesis 4:
[12 When you work the ground, it will no longer yield its crops for you. You will be a restless wanderer on the earth.”

I don't think Cain could start a family after being punished for killing Abel

Genesis 4:12 is a metaphor that he was castrated.

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Genesis 1:27 makes man sound like a tranvestite.

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: InachMarbank

originally posted by: LSU2018

Genesis 4:
[12 When you work the ground, it will no longer yield its crops for you. You will be a restless wanderer on the earth.”

I don't think Cain could start a family after being punished for killing Abel

If he was castrated , how did he get his wife pregnant?

17 And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch.

18 And unto Enoch was born Irad: and Irad begat Mehujael: and Mehujael begat Methusael: and Methusael begat Lamech.

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 06:00 PM
link   

I don't know about that but it does say "You will be a restless wanderer on the earth.” and then just 5 verses later it says he was building a city. How is that wandering?

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

Good question. But how do you know Genesis 4:12 happened before Genesis 4:17? Are you just assuming these verses occurred in chronological order?

edit on 19-4-2022 by InachMarbank because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Might that be an indication these verses are not in chronological order?

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: InachMarbank

I know because there's no indication otherwise.

Cain was sent to the land of nod, then he knew his wife and they conceived.

Unless you have a verse that shows Cain had Enoch before he was banished to the land of Nod, you're just making it up as you go.

Give me the verse that says Cain knew his wife before he was sent to the land of Nod.

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Might that be an indication these verses are not in chronological order?

I don't think so. Had that been the case they would have probably said that he was exiled from the city he had built and named after his son. It adds to how bad it is to anger god.

I was going to say, how could he have married and had children if it was just adam and eve and their two sons but turns out in some hebrew traditions the two brothers were married to one of their two sisters and on top of that abel's widow married seth, her younger brother.

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Have a read through the KJV verses of Genesis 4:12-17. One thing you won't find is any use if the word "then." You made that up. There is no indication of any chronology in those verses.

But perhaps we can find some subtil indication of chronology in the chapter if we look carefully.

For one we can count that Cain is the great great great grandfather of Lamech, in verses 17 and 18

Now how about these verses?

"23 And Lamech said unto his wives, Adah and Zillah, Hear my voice; ye wives of Lamech, hearken unto my speech: for I have slain a man to my wounding, and a young man to my hurt.

24 If Cain shall be avenged sevenfold, truly Lamech seventy and sevenfold."

These aforementioned verses show Lamech killed Cain.

Why do you think Lamech would call his great great great grandfather a young man?

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 10:32 PM
link   

The only wives named in Genesis chapter 4 are Lamech's wives Adah and Zillah.

Also the word God is only used once in verse 4:25, in appointing the seed of Seth. All other mentions of a deity use the word LORD.

Seems to me, the wives of Lamech are from the underworld, because Lamech took them unto him. His wives from the underworld are who bare his seed (generate it).

Reading Genesis from this point of view, you should see, there are so many details of actual history omitted from this tale, that it is silly to think you wouldn't need to analyze these verses as some kind of confusing riddle.
edit on 19-4-2022 by InachMarbank because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: InachMarbank

I don't know if you're being serious or just trolling.

Of course it's in order that's why they have genealogies.

Adam and Eve sinned before they were banished from the Garden.

Adam and Eve gave birth to Cain and Abel before Seth.

Enoch was born before Noah.

You said:

These aforementioned verses show Lamech killed Cain.

What??

Again, are you serious or are you trolling?

Lamech didn't kill Cain.

Lamech is talking about being wounded and killing someone.

23 And Lamech said unto his wives, Adah and Zillah, Hear my voice; ye wives of Lamech, hearken unto my speech: for I have slain a man to my wounding, and a young man to my hurt.

He's then trying to make himself bigger than Cain by saying vengence will come to the people that wounded him and the vengence will be worse than the sevenfold vengence associated with Cain.

24 If Cain shall be avenged sevenfold, truly Lamech seventy and sevenfold."

15 And the Lord said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the Lord set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.

This is simply a boast from Lamech to make himself look more important than Cain.

Again I ask, are you serious?

posted on Apr, 20 2022 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Yes, I'm being serious. Are you being serious?

Again, I tell you, there is no indication verses 12 to 17, occurred in chronological order. You have made an assumption.

And, what man do you think Lamech had slain if not Cain?

Seems to me, you are ignoring the subtil hints.

posted on Apr, 20 2022 @ 01:15 PM
link   

The only wives named in Genesis chapter 4 are Lamech's wives Adah and Zillah.

True but the bible isn't the only source for those stories.

That is why they say in some "hebrew traditions", even the jews can't decide on one definitive version.

This is another reason why the bible is just a book of myths to me.

posted on Apr, 20 2022 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Jews that take it serious dissect every part, if i was brought up that way i would have figured the truth aged 7

it took me forty years to come out the wilderness

posted on Apr, 20 2022 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TempleTenSA
Jews that take it serious dissect every part...

My point wasn't about dissecting every part of a single text but that other texts/versions exist.

They can't even agree on the wife's name which is either Awan, Aclima or Azura.

posted on Apr, 20 2022 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik if theres three versions of the name then perhaps its the person in three versions is the first thing i thought, like a an occultist who has a separate names for their occult work compared to their everyday name, i often wonder how connected those three religions could be if we just knew the different veils they had, perhaps by being under three differernt veils they see things three different ways

ok im needing food,

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join