It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do people support the Kremlin because they don't like Joe Biden ?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2022 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Well there we go.
What were we arguing about again?

posted on Apr, 9 2022 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: radaghast5

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: radaghast5

Where are these lots of people?

"I stand/sit/kneel in support/condemnation of the current thing." TM

Just reading a few Right-leaning forums.
Many people think it's fake. They deflect from the facts on the ground. They think Ukraine is bombing themselves and Russia hasn't killed any civilians.

How does thinking it's fake automatically support Putin ?
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Well that's simple. It's like hearing a kid being beaten up by a drunken slob dad, day after day and not having enough guts to confront the jerk. Whether you like it or not, you're siding with the dad. The abuse continues.
That's the best way I can put it to the people here that are sitting on the fence.

edit on 9-4-2022 by radaghast5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2022 @ 09:17 PM
link   
So Putin is bigger then Obomba.

posted on Apr, 9 2022 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Nvm
edit on 9-4-2022 by Dalamax because: Misreading

posted on Apr, 9 2022 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Who built the fence?

Perhaps they should shoulder the blame.

posted on Apr, 9 2022 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dalamax
Who built the fence?

Perhaps they should shoulder the blame.

Welcome to the thread
Can you elaborate a little more?

posted on Apr, 9 2022 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Thanks it’s an interesting one

My question can be elaborated on in this way, if there are populace sitting on a fence trying to decide on which side the greener grass grows then who put up the fence?

If there was no fence then there would be no indecision.

edit on 9-4-2022 by Dalamax because: Tidying up

posted on Apr, 9 2022 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dalamax
Thanks it’s an interesting one

My question can be elaborated on in this way, if there are populace sitting on a fence trying to decide on which side the greener grass grows then who put up the fence?

If there was no fence then there would be no indecision.

Let me have a beer and think about that one..

posted on Apr, 9 2022 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Wicked

posted on Apr, 9 2022 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Alright well you have me befuddled a bit here. But I love the question, or comment, or whatever you just typed..lol

So..The fence is the society we live in.
And no fence means a none governmental world.

I think.

right?

edit on 9-4-2022 by radaghast5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2022 @ 10:23 PM
link   
It’s a good place to begin, if only because your conclusion doesn’t make sense.

Why would society build a fence when it owns all the grass?

A government by design is put in place for one purpose alone, to accomplish what is impossible for one human to achieve.

A governed population owns all the grass as well, there is just more of it.

Some of the most decisive people I know are aholes.

So who built the fence?

edit on 9-4-2022 by Dalamax because: Clarification

edit on 9-4-2022 by Dalamax because: Typo

posted on Apr, 9 2022 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Dalamax

"Why would society build a fence when it owns all the grass?"

The grass is owned by many entities. Different societies own different plots of grass.

A government by design is put in place for one purpose alone, to accomplish what is impossible for one human to achieve.

It's interesting if you think how much a person could accomplish if they were to be in power for generations..But that goes against democracy, which I fully support. Lots of folks don't like life long appointments. It's unpopular.

Some of the most decisive people I know are aholes.

Ya me as well.

So who owns the fence?
Well maybe the fence sitters can answer that better than I.

edit on 10-4-2022 by radaghast5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2022 @ 12:22 AM
link   
The grass is owned by everyone equally within a society. They are the very fabric of the grass.

Who built the fence?

I’m not sure how you came to include life long appointments in our conversation, it is however a means of government.

Democracy is another fine way to run a government particularly when it drinks from the cup of exceptionalism, which allows it to direct monumental projects headed by the finest people a society can produce.

However it is arranged internally, a government has one single reason for being.

Maybe the fence sitters could answer it better, perhaps not, they are, after all, an indecisive bunch.

posted on Apr, 10 2022 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: radaghast5

Well that's simple. It's like hearing a kid being beaten up by a drunken slob dad, day after day and not having enough guts to confront the jerk. Whether you like it or not, you're siding with the dad. The abuse continues.
That's the best way I can put it to the people here that are sitting on the fence.

That would be a very emotional and potentially detrimental way of handling that problem.

A smarter way would be to call the police. It's their job to handle that type thing. The fact is, I've got my own problems to deal with, and going across town to "confront that jerk" would only add to my problems, and probably put the kid, the rest of his family, myself, and my family at greater risk.

The situation in Ukraine is a purely and distinctly United Nations problem. Not the US, not NATO. This is exactly why the United Nations was formed. If they can't handle it, then it's time to recognize that the UN is worthless. Get out and stop giving them money.

Meanwhile, we have problems aplenty to deal with here in the US. I'd be here all night trying to list them. But there is no disputing that our current government is making existing problems worse and creating new ones.

I'm not sitting on the fence. I am no where near that fence. That fence is on the other side of the world to me. I'm not picking Biden over Putin or vice versa. Putin has little to no effect on my life. Biden's policies are having a huge effect on my life and my country.

It's like being on a sinking boat and the guy that put the holes in the boat is telling you to go save a drowning man.
edit on 10-4-2022 by VictorVonDoom because: spelin'

posted on Apr, 10 2022 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Haven’t seen anyone cheering for Russia. Most say we don’t know who’s telling the truth. All we know is the same people that lied about Russia working with Trump to undermine our election for 4 years and everything else, are the same people cheering on Ukraine and telling us Russia is bad again.

posted on Apr, 10 2022 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

This could almost become a stand up routine. You might be a Nazi if.

I will make a partial list

Idolizing Bandera who was Hitlers master spy
Wearing Nazi symbology such as the swastika and Black sun
To Include Tattoos of the same
Hanging portraits of Hitler, Bandera, or Swastikas in your home or place of work.
Flying flags with Nazi symbology like the SS or swastika
Calling for exterminating entire swaths of a population
Claiming you are the saviors of the white race
Even if you disagree on all of that then can we at least agree that some calling themself a Nazi is a really good indicator of being a Nazi h ttps://files.catbox.moe/g5bka6.mp4

If people claim they are Nazis then so be it, if people claim they are nationalist in their struggles against Russia that is not a Nazi, agree?

Making statements like there is a small percentage of Nazis there or every country has them is completely missing the point and minimalizing the situation.
An equivalent would be if the National Guard and police in the US were all Neo-Nazi organizations. Still a small percentage of the population but the level of influence and power held would be completely unacceptable.

If you don't get it then here is a video of Evengeniy Karas leader of the then Nazi gang c-14 which later became the part of their National Guard and at the time was part of the Municipal guard/police.

That is my point in all this...as it comes down to a numbers game. How many are there. I read there are between 5000 to 8000 in the so called national guard that are fight basically Russian Nazis that Putin has used as Mercs since 2015. Less than 2% of the population actually identify with Nazis political party, but that isn't what Putin is saying is it.

An argument that there is a small percentage of Nazis in the country is an attempt to obfuscate the very real ability of that group to drive national policy and the direction of the country.

None of the above is stating that it justifies the invasion but Putin wasn't lying when he stated that Nazis infest and infect the country.

There is 44 million people there and Putin is justifying his war by calling them all Nazis. For some reason the term Nazi is the token label of the year now that allows one to do anything they want...

Asked the question before, who is more Evil? The Nazis or Russians...

It is just a lame excuse to use to go into a country a destroy it one town at at a time. So they then end up under 100% Russian rule, so much better for them...geez

posted on Apr, 10 2022 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

My usage of the term applies ONLY to the ones claiming to be nazis. The ones who have been armed by OUR govt

If you focus on what im typing and not what you think im typing, we can avoid such things as "wasting eachothers time"

What is your use of the word got to do with the invasion then? You call them Nazis good deal, Putin is saying his reason to attack them, destroy one town at a time is because they are infected with Nazis, and for some reason Russia is better? When I see the word Nazis on this board 1000s of times I think it is safe to assume the people using it mean a very high % of the population are Nazis and Putin is justified.

posted on Apr, 10 2022 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

So then no evidence but you fact you think your info is better than mine on basically every thread I've debated with you in...

I just pulled those numbers for you...lol Took me 15 seconds to get them. We can play the Facts game, but what does that even mean today when all facts could be faked. Some are better than others, and I suggest my facts of the makeup of the population is better than your Russian created numbers in the so called Crimea election, mainly because there really isn't anything disputing mine and yours are full of holes.

posted on Apr, 10 2022 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: that1lurker
Truth is the first causality of war. I think after years of blatant lies from both the media and government, people can't trust everything they are being told. I don't blame them and it is a smart thing to do. I'm sure there are people that do support Russia just because they despise Biden, and they are complete morons. Just like the people that blindly support Ukraine are morons.

It's one thing to support Ukraine in terms of supporting freedom and condemning the atrocities committed by the Russians there. But there are some people who don't question everything the Ukrainian govt. is doing and they like to attack people who do, by claiming they support Putin. There are some things that have happened in Ukraine that we just dont have enough information to back up certain claims being made. Both sides are in full propaganda mode.

I consider my self quite conservative, but I have observed both Dems and Republicans taking either side without doing any research. You can still support the Ukrainian people while being cautious about its govt and the west's intentions, same can be said about Russia. We unfortunately have no real way of knowing the full truth in certain circumstances.

You can see for yourself the biases on this very site, reddit and twitter. If you follow the combat footage that is being released every day on reddit you will notice that people quickly downvote any Ukrainian forces being killed/destroyed and upvote Russians being killed/destroyed. Twitter is just a dump in general so it is pretty difficult to tell what is going on there, but I have seen both sides promote propaganda. Twitter is quite valuable though, because often that is where you will find first hand sources from people on the ground. You just have to be careful that the footage isn't from 2014 or some other conflict.

Now for this site, I have definitely noticed Russian propaganda being pushed that is easily debunked. We have a lot of intelligent members here that deny ignorance and point it out. I'm sure everyone knows who the members are that push this garbage here. My main issue is the people that deny the atrocities committed against the civilians. It is one thing to bomb an apartment building because Ukrainian forces occupy it. I have seen video of this. This is war and that happens. But to deny the bombings of civilians sheltering, shooting civilians trying to escape, and the torture and rape is just mind-blowing. I've seem some terrible videos these past few days and it is disgusting. Some of these invaders are truly subhuman filth.

Quoted for truth. A rare balanced post here.

posted on Apr, 10 2022 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Haven't seen any links...I just went back and looked but saw nothing. Once I see your sourced for such a statistic I will discuss further...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join