It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shanghai: Residents beaten up by healthcare workers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2022 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I know India and China aren't exactly friendly, but still. Could you imagine western media reporting this way ...

China's latest Wuhan virus outbreak has led to chaos. In Shanghai, residents are being beaten up and forced into centralized quarantines.

posted on Apr, 8 2022 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Test ground for compliance……a reply to: putnam6

posted on Apr, 8 2022 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akaspeedy
Test ground for compliance……a reply to: putnam6

In China where they are conditioned to be slapped down, hell I was making fun of Australia and their quarantine camps the past year or so. Besides quarantine for COVID didn't really work. Id like to think enough of the public is once bitten twice shy

www.msn.com...

Two years out from lockdowns, politicians may have learned this lesson on lockdowns. In the most recent COVID-19 waves — considered more transmissible and just as deadly as those that triggered government interventions — most public officials shunned lockdowns. They now merely advise people to take responsibility for their own risk and to “learn to live with COVID,” something their lockdowns specifically prevented.

We’ll never know for sure if this would have been a more successful approach to limiting the harms associated with COVID-19, but let’s hope the next time a pandemic appears our public leaders lose the lockdowns in favor of a more conventional and realistic effort.

posted on Apr, 8 2022 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6
I wonder if the people who live in China realize how little freedom they have? Or, do they see tight and even abusive governmental control as normal?

posted on Apr, 8 2022 @ 04:54 PM
link   
as always ad nauseum i say again

what the fuq is a 'case'

are you sick?
if so , blow your nose and stay home.

if you arent, then fuq the police.

this #t has to stop.

and only we can stop it

posted on Apr, 8 2022 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
as always ad nauseum i say again

what the fuq is a 'case'

are you sick?
if so , blow your nose and stay home.

if you arent, then fuq the police.

this #t has to stop.

and only we can stop it

Well, it is China, after all, you don't get a chance to fuq the police, their police don't deek around at all. Doesn't make it right of course but that's the reality.

Logistically its easier to lockdown than to even try and vaccinate, not that they have effective vaccines

posted on Apr, 8 2022 @ 06:48 PM
link   
i think only half of shanghai is in lock down, now. lol.whatever half, means.

shanghai is not fresno or even philly.

i didn't watch the whole vid, just the 1st beat down.

indian disinfo?

posted on Apr, 8 2022 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: sarahvital
i think only half of shanghai is in lock down, now. lol.whatever half, means.

shanghai is not fresno or even philly.

i didn't watch the whole vid, just the 1st beat down.

indian disinfo?

Could be but saw where 3 Shanghai officials were sacked because of the poor response and services. It also says it is city-wide but we might get better info elsewhere. FWIW the Shanghai subreddit has decent info

www.reddit.com...

According to what the official said, now Shanghai is splitted into 3 areas: Pudong(the east), Puxi(the West) and Punan(the south)while these places will be coordinated respectively. They just refuse to admit that the whole city is locked down it’s so funny.

posted on Apr, 8 2022 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Quarantine for your safety, or we'll beat the snot out of you.

Ahh that's the humanity we love to see... screw China.

posted on Apr, 8 2022 @ 11:12 PM
link   

We never really had camps though. Fake news. Quarantine places, but no one was kidnapped and put into a camp.

Not that I even agree with that method, but we are run by dictators, nevertheless.

posted on Apr, 8 2022 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
I wonder if the people who live in China realize how little freedom they have? Or, do they see tight and even abusive governmental control as normal?

Considering even the average person there sees anyone else not ethnically related as inferior, I think they likely take it for granted.

Ants do no break rules. For the betterment of all other ants.

posted on Apr, 9 2022 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: jerich0

originally posted by: carewemust

Considering even the average person there sees anyone else not ethnically related as inferior, I think they likely take it for granted.

Ants do no break rules. For the betterment of all other ants.

It's definitely ingrained, China is used to being subjugated, Japan was brutal and cut its teeth on China before WWII. In some ways, though the Chinese GP has seen the hypocrisy and it may slowly change. That said we are a long time from the Tiananmen Square protests, not much has changed

posted on Apr, 9 2022 @ 01:20 AM
link   

I've read things about what the Japanese did to the Chinese. Brutal. Horrendous.

How people can treat other people is truly barbaric. But, as you say, not much has changed. Sad.. :/ I've never picked a fight in my life, but have been attacked more than I care to remember. Still, I have to hold on to my own humanity.

I've only got a short time left, I don't want things irking my thoughts.. even yelling at the neighbours last night, as they incessantly screamed at each other, plays on my mind. Never mind, this world shall grow again, even if but with a new generation born from burnt bridges. It always does.

posted on Apr, 9 2022 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Well the uk government is spending millions on future ‘covid passports’ etc so they must believe we will be compliant again ……

posted on Apr, 9 2022 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Here's more from the Shanghai subreddit, you can never know with reports from China. However, if even a 1/4 of this is true I am seriously hoping this is really just anti -CCP stuff

www.reddit.com...

new topics

top topics

join