It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Probably Never Made it to the Moon

page: 30
<< 27  28  29   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 07:44 AM
link   
So, what are you saying? That subspace communication isn't possible either?
Next you'll be claiming that warp drives are fake and the Borg didn't massacre a large part of our fleet at Wolf 359! Unbelievable, Grenade...
a reply to: Grenade

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: pfishy

No, i'm saying there should be a delay in communications between the Moon and Earth.

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 08:56 AM
link   

The video was edited to cut the lag out of it.

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Yes, I understand that. Thank you for making my punchline doubt it's self worth.

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Yes, i found the original, thank you.

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Also would cut out technical jargon and dead spots to make it more interesting

If listen to unedited tape of Apollo11 first moon landing will hear Aldrin going through shut down procedure for LEM
engine before Armstrong makes historic call "Tranquility Base here, The Eagle has landed "

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Oily would be less likely to carry a charge. That's how fabric softener sheets work to eliminate static in yoir clothes.

a reply to: TamtammyMacx

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade
a reply to: OneBigMonkeyToo

At several points in this video, including the conversation with Nixon and the astronauts, there's instantaneous communications and responses, how is this possible if the moon is 1.26 light seconds from Earth? There should be two way delay in every conversation, a minimum of 1.26 seconds, probably more when you include relays.

As Zaphod mentioned, maybe some of that video had the lag edited out. However, it is possible for one side of the conversation to have no lag between receiving a message and sending a response.

It depends on where it's being recorded. If it's being recorded on Earth, there would be no lag between the recording device hearing the astronauts message as received from the moon and also the immediate response from the people on earth. There would be a lag in the time it took the astronauts' message to get to earth, but the response would be immediate on the recording

The converse would be true for a recording of Earth-Moon conversations that might be made on the moon. A recording device on the moon would record the transmission from earth when that transmission arrived, but it would also record the immediate response from the astronauts.

edit on 29/5/2022 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2022 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

All of the above.

I've been away and missed the replies, but suffice to add that in many of the live TV broadcasts you hear Houston audio, then that same audio played back through the astronaut microphones before they actually reply.

Often what seems like an instantaneous response is them still responding to an earlier question, and they also talk over each other.

There aren't any cases where there isn't an appropriate time gap between the two people communicating.

top topics

<< 27  28  29   >>

join