It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you agree there are only two popes after this one?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
According to old prophecy given in saint Malachi (not biblical Malachi but Malachi of Ireland), there are only two more popes after this one dies.
Popes health is unstable last couple of days, weeks, months; so candidate who is coming after him goes as this:
Gloria Olivae

and here is what I found

and see the headline:
FRIDAY, APRIL 1

"How Glorious Is Your Name!"
www.vaticanradio.org...
see how one O five LIVE makes Olive, and this is one key to the next pope.
radie and internet will be of utmost importnace for the next pope, and we can be sure that one after him will be the last, so are we coming to the end of time, end of christianity or catholic church?
Last one Petrus Romanus still is not important, but what if the next will be shortly??
So april 1st is when
next pope appears.

Malachi was right, isn't he?

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I always thought that 'Gloria Olivae' meant 'The glory of the olive', implying that he was to have links to an olive-producing company/country.

Even if JP2 dies today, a conclave would have to be called to vote in another Pope and its highly unlikely they would do it so quickly.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Yeah of course there's only gonna be 2 more Popes

Pope John Paul Ringo
and
Pope John Paul Ringo George

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
O yes! The great Malachi prophecy. The whole thing is under quesition as to weather or not it is genuine. It wasn't "discovered" until a few hundered years after it was written. Quite mysterious if you ask me. Also there are two versions of this prophecy. One of them says that there are two more popes and one says that there is only one more.

[edit on 31-3-2005 by savannah]

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Ya, according to Fr. Malachi there will be 2 more Popes after JPII, with the next one coming soon the way things are going.

www.catholic-pages.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   
No, I think all that rubbish about only two more popes is simply that: rubbish.

The Catholic church has taken a bit of a beating recently, at least here in the United States, but I figure it will be around for a long time to come.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Most evidence points to a forgery from the 1600's.

There's a LOT of "prophecies" going around. The few that seem to have panned out were those made for a few years around the time of the prophet. Long term prophecies (hundreds of years) have a zero track record (except those which are so vague and are couched in terms that could apply to ANY event (like "the white sheep will be chased by the dark wolf and the meadow will fade.")

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by MankoW
So april 1st is when
next pope appears.

Malachi was right, isn't he?

Malachy said the second to last pope is installed april first?

But thats not possible, no? The current one, even if he dies overnight (ain't it already april first in italy anyway?), won't be replaced until the college of cardinals can assemble and pick a new one no? ANd that will take quite a bit more than a day?

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 10:16 PM
link   
This all depends on one thing. Do you beleive in prophecies. Seeing as how the earth was supposed to be struck down thousands of times in numerous other "predictions" and seeing as how im still alive and thriving. I vote hoax for just about all prophecies.

You see all the people that are trying to make prophecies are doing it wrong. there trying to be to exact. You know with dates and stuff. Just say "The world is going to end". Ive just made my first prophecie and I promise that sooner or later im going to be right.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Malachy said the second to last pope is installed april first?

Not as far as I am aware. Malachy just listed the popes from his own time to the 'End Times', giving a relevant 'motto' for each one. He didn't specify dates for their papacies.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 11:25 PM
link   
i dont mean to sound insensitive, but we will find out soon enough.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanp5555
i dont mean to sound insensitive, but we will find out soon enough.

Good point : p

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 12:04 AM
link   
naustradamous also predicted the last pope world die in like 2006 (and all of his pridections are off by like 2-6 years) which could make it 2012

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   
One more thing, last pope, Petrus Romanus doesn't necesarilly mean it is gonna be pope--- on the contrary it seems last one will be sent from god or something like that. More sense in someone saying next one will be false prophet or antichrist --antipope. Very interesting, because it is the same year span as all other prophecies, 2005 2006 2008 2012, all years full of prophetic covered. It doesn't mean still end of church or christianity.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   
The prophecy i read states something along the lines that there will be 2 more popes, but the 2nd one will be satan, or the antichrist.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Well its the third of april, and the pope is dead, which is a sad thing.

I hope his work lives on!

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 12:53 AM
link   
The below is taken from www.biblicalperspectives.com

What are we to make of Malachy's papal prophecies? It would be a serious mistake to attribute to them canonical authority similar to biblical prophecies. First, because their origin is dubious and second, because some of them are inaccurate. Furthermore, the overall intent of these prophecies is to promote the authority of the pope as the religious leader of mankind. Such an authority is negated by Scripture and can only lead to an idolatrous form of worship, as evident in the Catholic Church.

What makes Malachy's papal prophecies unusual is the fact that they do not reflect the Catholic view of the End, though they were allegedly written by a canonized Catholic saint. The traditional Catholic view of the End, was formulated in all essentials in the fifth century by Augustine, and it has remained unchallenged to our day. Augustine's view of the End is closely associated with the modern idea of historical progress. Simply stated, the Kingdom of God will be established on this earth, not by the coming of Christ to establish a new order, but by the gradual improvement of the world under the leadership of the Catholic church.

By contrast, Malachy's prophetic scenario does not allow for the gradual establishment of the Kingdom of God on this earth under the leadership of the Catholic Church. Instead, the Pope of Peace #111, is followed immediately by Peter the Roman, who will labor to enhance the supremacy of the Roman Catholic Church. The reign of this last pope is suddenly terminated by the destruction of the final judgement.

This apocalyptic scenario contradicts the traditional Catholic view of the End. This explains why some Catholic leaders are warning their members against accepting Malachy's view of the End of the world. For example, in an article entitled "The Papal Prophecies of Saint Malachy of Ireland: Can we really believe them?" Sean Hyland warns Catholics not to misinterpret prophecy by "starting to think that the end of the world is just around the corner. Not only is this extremely unwise, and cautioned against by Christ Himself, but the unanimous testimony of centuries of Catholic saints would appear to indicate an era of peace which is yet to come before the end of the world" (www.angelfire.com...).

Understandably, the Catholic Church repudiates Malachy's last papal prophecy, because she likes to believe in a glorious future during which the papacy will lead the world to an age of peace and prosperity. But the biblical vision of the End is radically different. Peace and prosperity are established, not by the Catholic Church before Christ's Coming, but by Christ Himself at His Coming.

Summing up, according to Malachy's papal prophecies, the next pope will be the last pope before the destruction of the final judgement that will occur during the pontificate of Peter Romanus. The origin of Malachy's papal prophecies is dubious and its authority questionable. Yet, their endtime scenario resembles to some extent that of the book of Revelation. Could it be that the Lord is using these prophecies to warn people about the impending Day of Judgement? Some of the comments of those who study these prophecies suggest a positive answer.

For example, in his book The Prophecies of Malachy, (TAN Books and Publisher, 1969), Peter Bander states: "What disturbs me and should disturb the reader to an equal degree is that after 'Flower of Flowers,' that is to say after Paul VI, there are only three more prophecies. Whoever he turns out to be, Petrus Romanus will be the last. Time is running out. It's later than we all think. The end of the world is at hand."

This is an important message that the world needs to hear. Providentially the Lord may be using Malachy's prophecies on the last popes to predispose people to accept the message of a soon-coming Savior.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 05:04 AM
link   
The Prophecies of Malachy are quite interesting, but remember, that they were under the Julian calendar, not the Gregorian calendar. So April 1 is really April 14. Interesting, eh? Also appering, is a bit different than installed. We shall see. Nine more days.
Of course, I don’t know were you got April 1 from, in the first place?
Here is the last part of the line up.

103. Ignis ardens (Burning Fire) – Pius X: 1903-1914
104. Religio depopulata (Religion Laid Waste)– Benedict XV: 1914-1922
105. Fides intrepida (Intrepid Faith) – Pius XI: 1922-1939
106. Pastor angelicus (An Angelic Pastor)– Pius XII: 1939-1958
107. Pastor et nauta (Shepherd and Sailor) – John XXIII: 1958-1963
108. Flos florum (A Flower of Flowers) – Paul VI: 1963-1978
109. De medietate lunæ (From the Half Moon) – John Paul I: 1978
110. De labore solis (From the Sun’s Labor) – John Paul II: 1978- to the present day

THE FUTURE

110. From the sun’s Eclipse – John Paul II and His Future
111. De gloria olivæ (From the Glory of the Olive) – circa 2000-2020?

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 07:04 AM
link   
There are so many similar posts at the moment - all about prophecies, Malachi, black popes, etc..... I posted the same reply following in a different thread but got no feedback.....

Regarding the Olive....The preliminary elections in Italy were today. The centre left and left parties are all grouped under a party called L`Ulivo - (the Olive). To many people`s surprise, and after a very long time - they won the majority of these elections today.....

The next Pope will therefore start his reign in the Glory of the Olive....??!?!??! getting too spooky for me!!!!!

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I posted some about the fallicy of the Malachy prophecy here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Too many want the prophecy to come true, and really make some streches to make them fit

<<   2 >>

join