It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrat Mission Accomplished? Gas prices are the most expensive in US history!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Mar, 13 2022 @ 10:18 AM
link   
So here's the link to the USA today story. At least Joe Biden has one accomplishment. Note, I am for green but as a gradual 30 year swing. Not shock and awe and leave us all in the dirt and muck overnight. Then again I do not agree with the World Economic Forum, their plans or their marching orders. Then again the USA population is way too obese and too sugared up so this may all work out as food prices will spike. So we will have less as many will perish from either famine, debt or lack of medicine. Is a socially engineered crime against humanity just over the horizon? Or, once Russia topples Ukraine will the oil futures go back to normal and lower prices. I recall that under Trump the USA finally began to export more oil than it imported.

“Americans have never seen gasoline prices this high, nor have we seen the pace of increases so fast and furious. That combination makes this situation all the more remarkable and intense, with crippling sanctions on Russia curbing their flow of oil, leading to the massive spike in the price of all fuels: gasoline, diesel, jet fuel and more," Patrick De Haan, head of petroleum analysis at GasBuddy, said in a statement Monday.

OK, so the XL pipeline from Canada was stopped along with another in Michigan. So why not use trains or simply begin refining at the USA Canada Border. What happened to Mexico's oil.

Gas prices are the most expensive in US history, breaking record from 2008

After rising dramatically following Russia's invasion of Ukraine, the price of gas reached a record, topping a high that had stood for nearly 14 years. As of Tuesday morning, the average national price for a gallon of regular gasoline touched $4.17, according to AAA, the highest price ever, not accounting for inflation. That was up from $4.07 on Monday and $3.61 a week earlier. The previous high was $4.11 on July 17, 2008, according to AAA. That would come to around $5.25 today when adjusted for inflation. The cost for diesel is nearing the record of $4.84, also set in July 2008. The price for a gallon of diesel is $4.75, more than double what it was in October 2020.

Then again is the world attempting to goad the USA into WWIII with Russia and the spoils go to China?

posted on Mar, 13 2022 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Ok, so now everyone will go green? And the Dems will keep the House and Senate? And Americans will be happy?

Oh, I see why the Dems wanted higher gas prices. LOL!

posted on Mar, 13 2022 @ 11:48 AM
link   
you and many here who think the US gas prices are bad should look at everywhere else. the US generally not only has the cheapest gas pretty much on the planet, but also the people have/earn a lot more money, than in most places, which in effect makes even this "high priced gas" a lot more cheaper in comparison. think about it, it is one thing to have gas costing say $6/gal, in a country where minimum wage is getting to pretty much $15/hour. it is completely different when that same gas, is the same $6/gal, but like many in the world you might only be earning under $15/DAY. making gas just that much more expensive, even at the same price for the gas, making it effectively about 10X more expensive in the poorer countries. and yet, those poorer countries are actually paying MORE per gallon/liter of gas typically than in the US, as pretty much everyone pays more for gas than the US (converting prices to compare in the same currency), does in the first place.

in the Philippines the price of gas for example was always pretty much the same price as in Canada, which is well known to have more expensive gas than in the US (heck many Canadians who live close to a border point, have always gone to the US to buy cheaper gas and other things). and i know, just like in the US and Canada (not to mention the rest of the world), the price of gas has been going up and up, in close to the same amounts raised. amusingly i have been seeing posts almost daily from friends in the US, Canada, and the Philippines, about how the price goes up, and by how much, all within the same day, at close to the same price in all three countries. but we will see what will happen since i saw something the other day that the Philippines was looking at removing at least some of the taxes to bring the price of gas down a bit. while it would seem that buffoon in Ottawa is wanting to still INCREASE taxes (the ones labeled "carbon tax" i believe), on gas, even as the price is skyrocketing.

posted on Mar, 13 2022 @ 11:55 AM
link   
You have seen nothing yet. Here it's 2.20€/L.

That's 9.20$/gallon.

posted on Mar, 13 2022 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I would call it mission accomplished.

One of the only thing's the democrats do well is let the rest of us know how much they despise us.

posted on Mar, 13 2022 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

It’s all part of the DemRats plan to crush everyday citizens and destroy America.
This is what “81 million” assholes wanted.

posted on Mar, 13 2022 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Living in a state with huge reserves of oil and seeing the fed go Naw it will be alright to pumping more, not to mention getting a 1% cola this year while staring down the barrel of 10% inflation, while those idiots say we need to spend our way out.

What is even more infuriating is they could stop the rocket ship of gas prices simply by adjusting public energy policies which would effect the commodities market which could stabilize the prices for a time at least.

But they are to arrogant and certain of their righteousness they wont even entertain the thought.
edit on 13-3-2022 by Irishhaf because: not prices policies

posted on Mar, 13 2022 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain
We are at 2.50€/L
Soon it's more profitable not to pay and take the fine I guess?

posted on Mar, 13 2022 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Congrats Democrats. You got what you wanted.

Instability, Corruption, Weakness, and acceleration off the cliff.

posted on Mar, 13 2022 @ 01:34 PM
link   
biden wants the US to be all EV by the year 2030. He openly admits that higher gas prices are one way to achieve that goal.

I don't know if anyone has noticed, but there are some problems with that plan.

1) US power generation does not currently have enough functional power plants to generate the amount of power it would take to meet our current needs and just one EV per household in this country. If every single power plant we have, oil, coal, gas, shale, wind, hydro, nuclear, all of them were at peak capacity we would still not be able to generate enough power to meet the need.

2) IF we could somehow manage to generate enough power to meet those needs, the US power grid from coast to coast would need to be completely retooled to handle that much power. Every inch of the entire grid would need to be upgraded or it would fail under that load. That alone would take decades and hundreds of billions of dollars to achieve.

3) IF we managed to generate enough power, and IF we managed to retool the entire grid to handle that power, then we would have to upgrade nearly every private residence in the country to handle that much power as well. That expense would be the responsibility of the end user - you and me.

4) IF every private residence managed to upgrade its electrical system, what would happen to the people who live in a giant apartment complex? There are many complex's near my home with hundreds of apartments each. And all those cars are parked in parking lots outside. Where are they supposed to charge their cars? And what about homes with more than one driver?

biden thinks we can overcome all this in less then 8 years. That alone should make you question his mental state.

California already has rolling brown outs and black outs because it cannot meet its current power needs, even though it already borrows power from neighboring states. If every home in California plugged in just one EV overnight the entire California grid would simply collapse. The end. Now you have an entire state full of people most of whom will not be able to get to work the next day, or the day after that. Think about the damage to the economy that would cause. Now apply that to the entire nation.

This is the democrats plan for America.
edit on 13-3-2022 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2022 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Middle Class and Lower Class shattered ☠️

This is just the beginning ☠️

posted on Mar, 13 2022 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

Only hurts the fuel station owners :-/

Some countries here think about tax cuts, 50c. That would set us back to two weeks ago when I paid about 2€. From these two euro, the state get's more than 1€ in tax overall, inflating the price for the buyers.

posted on Mar, 13 2022 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

biden thinks we can overcome all this in less then 8 years. That alone should make you question his mental state.

Not only do I question Biden’s mental state, but I question the mental state of every Democrat and everyone that supports them.
They are insane and they want this country destroyed for some reason.

posted on Mar, 13 2022 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
Ok, so now everyone will go green? And the Dems will keep the House and Senate? And Americans will be happy?

Oh, I see why the Dems wanted higher gas prices. LOL!

Obviously Putin is going to win the next election. Biden already endorsed him.

According to the Biden admin Putin is the only one with any control over inflation, gas prices, and likely every other issue facing the country between now and election time. Biden has basically told the citizens to elect Putin, the only man on the planet more powerful than two whole branches of the most powerful nation to ever exist.

posted on Mar, 13 2022 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

81+ million assholes. Many are my extended family. They talk to be as if I am a dumb ass. I am an graduate engineer with an MBA with a top 50 University as per business news. I am a former President in a manufacturing organization. Publicly traded. They are so off that they think they are Gods chosen people.

God dam fools.

posted on Mar, 13 2022 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Is ok, I heard that democrats are working on a bailout bill for Americans for two dollars, while sending oversea to Uk 13.6 billion that I am sure is going to protect bidens and his crack head son financial interest.

In other word they will be pocketing the tax dollars.

I hope you are happy with the two-dollar stimulus, yes I am been sarcastic about the 2 dollar stimulus, but the 13.6 billion is real.

edit on 13-3-2022 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2022 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

All of these are valid points- but what's funny about the push for EV is it is completely ignoring the half of the country that deals with SNOW on a regular basis.

Right now, in mid-march, probably one in 20 vehicles on the road is a 3/4 - 1 ton truck with a snow plow, usually a sander.
Think 8-10MPG on the road, plus they burn quite a bit of fuel not really going anywhere when actually using the plow to clear driveways, parking lots, etc.

Know what you're not going to see without a huge shift in battery tech to something that doesn't currently exist?
Electronic plow trucks.

Those same trucks come spring drop their plows and sanders and typically are used as work trucks for people providing services not commonly seen in the winter months- landscaping, tree felling, hauling, construction, etc. These trucks are expected to regularly travel hundreds of miles in a day carrying loads and often people on the clock- you won't be seeing them sitting around getting paid to drink coffee while they wait for the truck to charge.

Electronic vehicles might be useful in the city- or even for some people who have medium range commutes in mild weather... but they're not feasible for most people around here- even if most people could afford them in the first place.

posted on Mar, 13 2022 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

They are giving us Crack Pipes. What assholes

posted on Mar, 13 2022 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Yep, that is how high the democrats thinks of us, biden wants every American to be a crack head addict like his precious son.

posted on Mar, 13 2022 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: generik
Since the US produces more oil than any other country, shouldn’t we pay less for gasoline?
Sure, we use a lot of oil, but just a few short years ago, we were a net oil exporter.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join