It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrat Mission Accomplished? Gas prices are the most expensive in US history!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass
Looks like the FED just manipulated the oil futures spot market price for a barrel of oil.

The Federal Reserve does not participate in any commodities future market.

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Is not oil crisis, this is a manufactured one for political gain, watch the democrats sending "stimulus check" before mid term to make everybody happy soo they vote for them in mid term.

Is all been planned, fool me once, but will not fool me again.

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

originally posted by: rnaa
1) Gas prices were higher under Bush (the elder) when adjusted for inflation

2) Oil prices are dropping - 120 a barrel last week to under 100 this week

3) Petrol (gasoline) prices are over $9 a gallon in Europe and NO ONE is blaming the U.S. President

4) Please find a new talking point, this one is getting boring.

Well.... unlike oz n Europe we were energy self sufficient last year, what's changed? Hmmmmmmmm.....maybe prez? Explain how Ukraine affects our gas prices here in the US?

Excellent point!

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 03:37 PM
link   
It appears the dems green grab failed again.
Do not forget their attempt.
They will try again.

posted on May, 1 2022 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: sarahvital

we have at least 100 yrs of energy under our feet and not counting nuke power plants, that can be constructed.

I have natural gas leases on my property. I hope the prices increase. Capitalism by the likes of Shell, Exxon, Conoco and the rest of those filthy Texan stockholders and I can garen damn tee you they ain't Democrats.

Why do we buy gas and oil from foreign countries...answer, Speculation & the IOTC group.

iotc-group.com...

It's just business but blame whom ever you want. I'll take some of the blame as I profit from the increase in prices as well.

Still plenty of energy stock available...get you some!!

www.thestreet.com...
edit on 1-5-2022 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2022 @ 07:37 PM
link   
is it me or is the site a bit janky lately?

edit on 1-5-2022 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2022 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

They're talking about Gasoline not Nat Gas 🐔

posted on May, 1 2022 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
is it me or is the site a bit janky lately?

Depends on who's winning the tug-of-war between the hacker/disruption attacks and ATS defense measures. ATS is epitomizes a free-speech platform, and is one of the most established.

It was reported this morning on FoxNews the DHS bots are already seeking out Disinfo and using one of many online tools to thwart it. The heavy weapons are coming.

posted on May, 1 2022 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass I paid more for gas in summer 2008, and that is not counting inflation.

posted on May, 1 2022 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBoomersRBusted
a reply to: Waterglass I paid more for gas in summer 2008, and that is not counting inflation.

The average for gasoline in America is higher now than it was in 2008, according to:

www.usatoday.com...

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

Well.... unlike oz n Europe we were energy self sufficient last year, what's changed? Hmmmmmmmm.....maybe prez? Explain how Ukraine affects our gas prices here in the US?

First: we are STILL energy independent - see here: Forbes Magazine: Surprise! The U.S. Is Still Energy Independent

Second: last year was 2021. Exports exceeded Imports for the year meaning we were energy independent for the year. That's two years in a row. The President changed at the end of January. How did that change negatively affect the other 11 months of the year? Yes, the high export months came during the last few months of Trump's Presidency that finally pushed the year 2020 into 'independence', but the trend to energy independence started under Obama, and Trump managed to continue that trend. And it continues to this day.

Third: Some months we export more than we import. Some months we import more than we export. Add the plus/minus up for any rolling 12 month period, and you get that we have been energy independent at all times during the Biden administration.

Fourth: The Ukraine war has taken the Russian (and Ukrainian) supplies off the market - world wide. That means everybody on the planet is competing for the remaining non-Russian supply, whether that is American, Canadian, Saudi, Venezuelan, Mexican, Australian, or any other supplier. If, lets say Brazil, offers American suppliers a truckload of money for a supply, then American consumers have to match that offer or go without when the American supply is sold overseas to the highest bidder - that's Capitalism for you bunky. And that is how Ukraine affects the American prices.

edit on 2/5/2022 by rnaa because: (spelling)

edit on 2/5/2022 by rnaa because: (syntax and thought completion)

Edit: Disclaimer: I know, the international oil and gas market is way more complicated than that, but that is the gist of it. Prices quoted TODAY are for deliveries months in advance, and folks are just covering their backside to make sure they have the contract in place. Then when their worst fears don't pan out they are left holding the bag. Pump prices go up immediately because they have to ensure that they can pay for the stupid contracts when they come due. And its more complicated than that.
edit on 2/5/2022 by rnaa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

The Biden admin claimed that the sanctions agaisnt Russians would cripple Russia and Russia would default.
It appears that the sanctions are hurting Europe and US here in North America.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92

The Biden admin claimed that the sanctions agaisnt Russians would cripple Russia and Russia would default.

And that is EXACTLY what is happening.

Yes, but not as much as they are hurting Russia, and the rest of the world is learning to cope.

But nobody said it would be 'business as usual'.

Here is a salient reminder of the situation: Non-Sequitur for 2022/04/29

edit on 3/5/2022 by rnaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2022 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92

Remember when (short-sighted) JOE BIDEN had the Federal Gasoline Tax suspended, and urged State Governors to do the same for State Gasoline Taxes?

Source: www.cnbc.com...

The reason I say it was a short-sighted poorly-planned effort to reduce gas prices, is because the Gasoline Tax Holiday ended on October 31, 2022.

As a result, gasoline prices are now increasing again....RIGHT BEFORE THE MIDTERM ELECTIONS!

Did Joe Biden cause the Gas Tax to be reimplemented on November 1st Intentionally?

Or, was it a lack of planning, due to Biden's reduced mental capacity? (Graduated bottom 10% of his class)

posted on Nov, 6 2022 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: rnaa
1) Gas prices were higher under Bush (the elder) when adjusted for inflation

2) Oil prices are dropping - 120 a barrel last week to under 100 this week

3) Petrol (gasoline) prices are over $9 a gallon in Europe and NO ONE is blaming the U.S. President

4) Please find a new talking point, this one is getting boring.

Update - 11/6/22 .....

Today, the price of Brent crude oil is at $100.5 per barrel, and the price of WTI crude oil is at $93.25 per barrel.

Read more at: commodity.com...

commodity.com...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join