It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are atheist so angry with God?

page: 43
<< 40  41  42   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

how can you be angry with something you don't believe in?

Why do you think that atheists are angry?

where is the angry part coming from, cant you not believe in something without being angry about it ?

posted on Apr, 15 2022 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecroft
a reply to: GoShredAK

Replying to this post

Originally posted by GoShredAK

If we were aware of the outcome and the purpose for reincarnating back on earth before we made the decision then it would make sense to risk condemnation again as you say.....

Not sure if you made a typo error there or not…

Because I was arguing that it wouldn’t make any sense for a soul to incarnate here and risk being condemned to hell…which is either destruction of the Soul or eternal torment for the Soul…depending on your Christian theological take etc…

Pascals Wager is about taking the chance that Christianity is true and thereby avoiding those outcomes…

You know it's going to suck and be painful and miserable and scary but you know you're going back to your Abba Father....even though you won't know that once back on earth.

I believe the things souls can do are infinite because my God is just that awesome.

Fair enough…But that is completely different too what standard Christianity teaches… and that which is proposed by Pascals Wager…which is what the post you highlighted (my discussion with Cooperton) was talking about…

So again, I’d have to ask the same question I asked Cooperton…

What Christian denomination do you belong too…?

- JC

I'd say I belong to no denomination.......I simply put my faith and direct my prayers to Jesus Christ and God of the Bible......

Jesus tells me as long as I do my best to love God and Love other people, and I confess Him my Lord and Savior.....I will be counted as righteous before God......that's all that matters....

My Jesus is not upset at me for speculating in all kinds of ways, having little faith, not knowing answers, or from straying away from religious teachings that focus on the law.....

People will say "well you're a Christian derp...."

But I say I am just a simple follower of Jesus.
edit on 15-4-2022 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2022 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

Not sure if you made a typo error there or not…

I'd have to say it wasn't a typo.

If I am reading their post right, they are saying that a soul might decide to incarnate in this plane because they already know they won't get burned.

That kinda implies that the doom in the bible was pumped up. If the souls that incarnate know this isn't for keeps, it undermines the narrative of the bible.

I seek God, which is how I show my loyalty, and I do my best to be kind to others.....

I put my faith in the name of Jesus.

If nothing else...that is the only part of the Bible that matters....

So I will undermine the official biblical narrative all day...

Jesus knows I have doubts and my faith wavers..... doesn't matter.....I'm still saved and I can still talk about aliens

edit on 15-4-2022 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2022 @ 07:21 PM
link   

a reply to: neoholographic
Oh, so you get to tell us how you feel but we can't say how we feel? We just have to accept that we are angry at someone we don't believe exists?

The third post in the thread said it quite succinctly: "They’re not angry at God. They’re angry with people like you."

Ya, how can you be pissed at the scam, be pissed at the ones pushing and propagating the lie. Man made for power and personal gain. Zero proof god or Jesus exists nor ever existed. Why do think the diversion turns always into “faith?”

Their pissed at having fanatics forcing Christianity down everyone’s throats. Hey, prey 24/7 if that floats your boat. How about freedom of, but also freedom from! Stop pushing the lie by staying out of government, stop pushing the lie in schools. Stop the cradle to death forcing of religion down everyone throats. Sometimes no one is interested. They are not interested in buying snake oil.

Christianity is on the decline, church attendance is down and in the next 25-30 years it is projected to decline in England to the point of not even being considered a major religion.

Happy Easter! Hope you find all kinds of Easter eggs that Jesus hid for ya. Stop pissing n moaning that no one wants to hear about the contrived lie.
edit on 15-4-2022 by DaCook because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2022 @ 08:06 PM
link   

I'd say I belong to no denomination.......I simply put my faith and direct my prayers to Jesus Christ and God of the Bible......

So why don’t you belong to any denomination…do you even go to church…?

Jesus tells me as long as I do my best to love God and Love other people, and I confess Him my Lord and Savior.....I will be counted as righteous before God......that's all that matters....

But Jesus says a lot more than that in the Bible. You also have to believe in the mian core doctrines of Christianity, to call yourself a Christian…

My Jesus is not upset at me for speculating in all kinds of ways, having little faith, not knowing answers, or from straying away from religious teachings that focus on the law.....

Well, I don’t believe God would be upset with you for speculating…but it feels like you’ve just recently found the Bible and are searching for answers…that’s the impression I’m getting…

- JC

posted on Apr, 15 2022 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK

All good, but you missed the point, if there is no judgment and nobody actually runs the risk of eternal damnation then even that part doesn't matter.

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 12:01 AM
link   

All good, but you missed the point, if there is no judgment and nobody actually runs the risk of eternal damnation then even that part doesn't matter.

I'm not sure where I said there is no risk of judgement or hell......

I believe there is, and that is for the ones who continually willfully reject Jesus.

After the rapture, witnessing the events of the tribulation, even the most skeptical and angry atheists will believe and repent.

So hell is reserved for the truly wicked.

We.will be judged, just not condemned cause Christ payed the penalty for us.

edit on 16-4-2022 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 12:11 AM
link   

So why don’t you belong to any denomination…do you even go to church…?

But Jesus says a lot more than that in the Bible. You also have to believe in the mian core doctrines of Christianity, to call yourself a Christian…

Well, I don’t believe God would be upset with you for speculating…but it feels like you’ve just recently found the Bible and are searching for answers…that’s the impression I’m getting…

- JC

I have been going to church for a long time, and read the Bible and study God's word more than your average person for sure.....

I know Jesus has so many amazing and powerful indisputable beautiful teachings...

The point I'm trying to make is this...

When asked what is the greatest commandment Jesus said to Love God with all your heart and mind and soul...

And the second is to love your neighbor as yourself....

If we work to fulfill those we will be in repentance and automatically fulfilling the law (10 commandments)

I'm saying that is how simple it is by the grace of Jesus Christ and our Abba Father, the great I AM.

So I believe I am perfectly in line with scripture and don't need to claim a "denomination".....

My relationship with Jesus is my own.....

Being a believer is not the same as a stereotypical christian....

Your brain is malfunctioning cause you can't put me in that box lol.

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Good points. You said:

After the rapture, witnessing the events of the tribulation, even the most skeptical and angry atheists will believe and repent.

I believe that many non believers will accept Christ in these last days. That's why it's important to keep planting and watering seeds and God will give the increase if it's His Will.

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic

Good points. You said:

I believe that many non believers will accept Christ in these last days. That's why it's important to keep planting and watering seeds and God will give the increase if it's His Will.

Amen

And thank you 🤙
I always love your threads.

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 12:23 AM
link   

I believe there is, and that is for the ones who continually willfully reject Jesus.

You didn't, you said:

If we were aware of the outcome and the purpose for reincarnating back on earth before we made the decision then it would make sense to risk condemnation again as you say.....

I built on that saying that what a soul about to incarnate might be aware of is that there is no judgment.

Doesn't matter what you believe now, what you knew before incarnating/reincarnating might not match up with that.

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 01:38 PM
link   

You didn't, you said:

I built on that saying that what a soul about to incarnate might be aware of is that there is no judgment.

Doesn't matter what you believe now, what you knew before incarnating/reincarnating might not match up with that.

I was just speculating that if reincarnation is somehow part of God's system in some way....

Maybe some people came back to earth to accomplish something great....

But ya, if it were me I would want a guarantee that I'd make it back to heaven and not somehow screw up and end up condemned.

Otherwise I agree, why would someone want to risk another trial here on this messed up world....

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 09:19 PM
link   

I have been going to church for a long time, and read the Bible and study God's word more than your average person for sure.....

Ok…but most churches belong to a particular denomination…so surely you must be aware of which denomination that is…

The point I'm trying to make is this...

When asked what is the greatest commandment Jesus said to Love God with all your heart and mind and soul...

And the second is to love your neighbor as yourself....

If we work to fulfill those we will be in repentance and automatically fulfilling the law (10 commandments)

I'm saying that is how simple it is by the grace of Jesus Christ and our Abba Father, the great I AM.

So I believe I am perfectly in line with scripture and don't need to claim a "denomination".....

My relationship with Jesus is my own.....

Being a believer is not the same as a stereotypical christian....

Your brain is malfunctioning cause you can't put me in that box lol.

I’m not trying to put you into a box lol….

If you remember rightly …I was intially responding to your reply to this post

Where you stated this below…

First of all…most Christians don’t believe in reincarnation and if they do…they only apply it to a select few characters in the Bible; They don’t apply it to everyone that’s ever lived…So reincarnation on the whole, is not a standard Christian belief…

Secondly, most Christians don’t believe in preexisting Souls…so I don’t even know why you jumped into the discussion I was having with the other poster…because again those are not standard Christian beliefs…

And Finally…You said “it would make sense to risk condemnation again as you say”…but that not what I said…I said it wouldn’t make any sense …which is why I asked you, if you made a typo error…

Here’s the key part of what I outlined in that post below…

Originally posted by Joecroft

Considering your unique “Christian” beliefs…it doesn’t make much sense for you to be bringing up “Pascals Wager”, as all preexisting Souls who come from Heaven would just stay put, or incarnate somewhere else…they certainly wouldn’t risk venturing down here to Earth…

- JC

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecroft

Oh, my bad...

Not a typo, I misunderstood.

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 11:42 PM
link   
:id ea:

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I feel this anger could stem from not only subconsciously "knowing" such a divine creator is somewhere out there (to create such beauty and perfection in nature seen on this planet, i.e., the Fibonocci Sequence), but also being led astray by others who have been led astray (the blind leading the blind) to believe that God is omnipotently watching and "protecting those who are good", only to realize that the world is not the idyllic place those who were led astray taught us it was. People become disappointed, disillusioned and disenchanted. The feelings that go along with realizing you were either lied to at worst or misled at best for your whole life can be embittering to say the least. I think many, including myself, have held this discontent we have experienced thru this omnipresent disappointment against God, at least subconsciously, because, cosmically, I suppose who else is there to hold these feelings against? We feel betrayed. But at the end, one can realize that it isn't God's fault we were lied to, because such deception goes back so many generations we can hardly begin to reach the source. This truly is THE duality of man, and the lies have pervaded thru the presence of what a simple being such as myself could only describe as the forces of evil.

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I do not know if this came up but a reason why folks would be angry with god comes from this :

hebrews 6

4 It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit,
5 who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age
6 and who have fallen[c] away, to be brought back to repentance. To their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace.
7 Land that drinks in the rain often falling on it and that produces a crop useful to those for whom it is farmed receives the blessing of God.
8 But land that produces thorns and thistles is worthless and is in danger of being cursed. In the end it will be burned.

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
Oh, and don't forget to put to death those false prophets

I am not telling anyone to go out and do anything rash, because the secular state will just give whatever excuse is politically convenient. It will involve whichever make, model, and meme they want to condemn, whichever property they want to confiscate.

I do challenge the anti-missionaries to find said, false prophecies, though. All I am saying is to look at their literature, quietly. Recognize who is giving a false prophecy. Lawfully.

And, tell me they can quit, if they want to. Show me a person who is contrite about his antisocial behavior of giving false prophecies and who has taken extraordinary measures to control this evil urge.

new topics

top topics

<< 40  41  42   >>

join