It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are atheist so angry with God?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I see some of the same people in every thread about God or any mention about Jesus Christ, get so angry at a God they say doesn't exist. The Bible tells us why they're so angry.

It's because they know God exists. Everyone knows God exists. The Bible says this:

Romans 1:20 “For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:”

What this is saying is, on that day of Judgement, you will not be able to say,"God, I didn't know" or "God, I didn't understand."

This goes to the heart as to why people who say God doesn't exist are so angry at God. I have never debated people that are more angry than atheist. A woman believes in God and it gives her comfort when a child dies and she's an idiot for believing in some imaginary guy in the sky.

Why does it bother atheists that people get comfort in their faith in God? If you don't believe, fine but why so angry not just at them but mostly at God you say doesn't exist?

Again, it's because they know God exists. They hate the fact that they know God exists. They don't just want to be separate from God, they want God removed from their conscious.They don't want the knowledge of God's existence and of their spiritual nature.

This is the tower of Babel, mystery Babylon and now the human fraternity of the pope and imam.

The flesh or carnal mind wants to do as it pleases and it wants to be a law unto itself. I talk about this in this thread:

The spiritual mind vs the carnal mind
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Bible says,"THE INVISIBLE THINGS OF HIM" are clearly seen and understood by us.

This is why they're so angry at God who they say doesn't exist. They know He exists.

God through our spiritual minds is constantly known to us. So no matter what they do, that voice enters their mind. "You know that God exists." "You know that Jesus is the Son of God." "You know you are spirit."

This is the knowledge of God that sears their conscious like a hot iron. The Bible says:

1 Timothy 4:2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

So when you see people so angry at God they claim doesn't exist, it's because their conscious is seared by their knowledge of God and their spiritual nature.

They want to live in a world without the knowledge of God but they can't because it's God's Spirit that sustains us. It gives us life. Your carnal mind is dead, it's nothing once you die. You will only be left with your spiritual mind and the knowledge that you will be separated from God for all eternity.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

Yes God exists. We also live on after death as pure energy. When you need something Spiritually you can pray for help but physically on earth we are still on our own so when attacked physically one must fight back physically as spiritual is separate from the physical.
edit on 27-2-2022 by Waterglass because: add

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 12:56 PM
link   
They’re not angry at God. They’re angry with people like you.

You figure out how to be better and then you will find less people are angry when you mention God.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Because cult ideology is transparently smug self serving shlock. There's nothing wise, profound or noble in any comment I've ever read from you. I disdain your so called spiritual influences because you don't have any.

If "God" wants to know what I think and why, s/he knows where to find me. That dialogue is likely above your pay grade.

edit on 27-2-2022 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I dont think they are mad at "god" I think they are mad at religions and the forced interpretation of god
edit on 27-2-2022 by just4fun because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Ever have a spell cast on you?

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 01:05 PM
link   

First of all a disclaimer, I'm not an Atheist - I follow my own path.

However... your argument and reasoning is: Atheists deep down know that your G-D exists, because an old J*wish / Greek book says so - and you believed it?

Am I right?

...how did you survive long enough in the real world to comprehend English?

edit on 27-2-2022 by StrangeCottageCheese because: Clarity / typos

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass

Ever have a spell cast on you?

Once. Then I left the church.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Betty White had it right. You'll really NEVER know until you go. And even then, you might not.

Why not live, and worry about what's next when your time comes. Fear of death is a means to control.

Do I believe in God. Not the one in the Bible or the Koran or any other religion. Religions, again, are designed to control people.

That all being said, I agree, I do believe atheists do harbor anger at believers. If believing and faith bring comfort, I see it as a plus.
edit on 27-2-2022 by MiddleInsite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Me too. That was in the 2nd grade and probably still on me as I had Father Richard Morey over here last May to teach me as how to fight back against a Spiritual Battle.

I left the church but returned after what I have seen since the 2nd grade. Yes, God does exist. So do the "others"

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite

Why not live, and worry about what's next when your time comes. Fear of death is a means to control.

Paranoia and self doubt are classic propaganda tools. Shouldn't have to explain that to people on this site but here we are.

originally posted by: YouSir

a reply to: AcrobaticDreams

Ummm…being better is pretty easy…especially when the progs set such a low bar…

I mean really…who plays limbo when the bar is laying on the ground…

Why on earth do you think spirituality has anything to do with being better than anyone else…?

It’s not about being better than…it’s about maturing into a balanced perspective in which you realize that all are equal…and just as worthy as you are…

YouSir

Revelations has always been pretty clear about the "tribulations" process and how many hundreds of millions will perish, as opposed to the few million that will ascend or whatever.

edit on 27-2-2022 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: AcrobaticDreams

Ummm…being better is pretty easy…especially when the progs set such a low bar…

I mean really…who plays limbo when the bar is laying on the ground…

Why on earth do you think spirituality has anything to do with being better than anyone else…?

It’s not about being better than…it’s about maturing into a balanced perspective in which you realize that all are equal…and just as worthy as you are…

YouSir

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

Ummm…do tell…

So you do believe in magic sky faeries after all…

It was only this morning when you were ridiculing such concepts…

I’m glad to see that the truth has set you free…

Edit: I do apologize Middle…that was Sookiechacha I was conversing with earlier…

Now how on earth did I get the two of you mixed up…?

YouSir
edit on 27-2-2022 by YouSir because: I was a baaad…boy…

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I believe in God. But my version of what god is is far different than what most believe.

Nobody owns god, even though the majority of religions seem to believe their version of god is correct.

What is god to me? God would be the supreme consciousness of everything in our reality, formed by the collective consciousness of everything. This entity is not what we should be just looking at, there is a part of it specific to this planet, a piece of god formed by the collective consciousness of all life here. Through which we can connect to God if we learn how to do it. Now we were given the job of caring for this planet, which has been twisted by people to believe we have the right to dominate the world...a false belief. Remember, Adam and eve were kicked out of the Garden of Eden because their wants would have caused it to be destroyed....God told them to go to the area where people cherished gold and Bdelilium and that they were destined to scratch the earth and curse thistles and thorns for generations. Because your wants make life hard.

So what is the name of the part of god that we are to communicate with or through? I won't comment on that. Because that would create a divide among people, not bring them together. Yoshua did learn how to connect to this earthly entity to gain access to link to god. And I believe there have been messiahs before and after this, I also do not believe that the Messiah has to be Jewish, God decides who is to communicate with god, religion does not decide.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 01:25 PM
link   

What this is saying is, on that day of Judgement, you will not be able to say,"God, I didn't know" or "God, I didn't understand."

What you need to remember is that the judgment comments are directed at people who willfully despise God despite knowing that He exists, people who are perpetrating evil on the Earth & don't care about the repercussions, perhaps deluding themselves that God doesn't exist.

You must never turn the 'angry, judgmental' interpretation of God against normal, decent people - those who have His laws inscribed on their hearts, knowing by their Godgiven conscience what is right & wrong. Just as in the Old Testament, all the judgment was directed against rulers, priests & rich merchants who knew exactly that what they were doing was wrong, oppressing the poor, the widow & the orphan, denying justice to the foreigner, etc. It was never aimed at ordinary people who are just trying to get by - those who led the people astray got the harshest punishments, in a supposedly Holy nation, set apart to be a city on a hill, a light to the world. Those who were in the know, who led the people astray - that's who God was angry with.

We have to get over this "On judgment day, you won't be able to defend yourself, God will condemn you to the outer darkness, etc". It's horrible, and inaccurate.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir
a reply to: MiddleInsite

Ummm…do tell…

So you do believe in magic sky faeries after all…

It was only this morning when you were ridiculing such concepts…

I’m glad to see that the truth has set you free…

YouSir

I would like to meet one of those magic sky faeries. As long as they aren't crabby.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment

What you need to remember is that the judgment comments are directed at people who willfully despise God despite knowing that He exists, people who are perpetrating evil on the Earth & don't care about the repercussions, perhaps deluding themselves that God doesn't exist.

You must never turn the 'angry, judgmental' interpretation of God against normal, decent people - those who have His laws inscribed on their hearts, knowing by their Godgiven conscience what is right & wrong. Just as in the Old Testament, all the judgment was directed against rulers, priests & rich merchants who knew exactly that what they were doing was wrong, oppressing the poor, the widow & the orphan, denying justice to the foreigner, etc. It was never aimed at ordinary people who are just trying to get by - those who led the people astray got the harshest punishments, in a supposedly Holy nation, set apart to be a city on a hill, a light to the world. Those who were in the know, who led the people astray - that's who God was angry with.

We have to get over this "On judgment day, you won't be able to defend yourself, God will condemn you to the outer darkness, etc". It's horrible, and inaccurate.

Thank you. I don't agree with everything you said but it's more useful and relatable than anything neoholographic has ever contributed. Less intellectual grandstanding and ham fisted proselytizing tactics.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 01:35 PM
link   

God through our spiritual minds is constantly known to us. So no matter what they do, that voice enters their mind. "You know that God exists." "You know that Jesus is the Son of God." "You know you are spirit."

Again, I am bound by the knowledge of the truth to totally disagree with what you posted here. I wasn't a Christian until I was 21 years old. Prior to that I was a confused, drug dabbling muppet, and all I wanted to do mostly was get high with my mates & play music. I never once had the voice in my head which you describe, and I know that many people in my family have never had that voice in their head. I will say that before I came to the church I was visited, apparently, by Jesus, in several brief dreams where he showed me certain spiritual gifts/ tools, and explained a bit about the earthly religiosity which was errant, and even emphasised that certain faiths are, at their core, nothing but demon worship & nihilism/hedonism. When I became a Christian I looked at those dreams in a different light - until then I was just confused by them, though I enjoyed them as some of the spiritual gifts were 'cool'. I was cautioned in the dream not to treat them as toys, because they were powerful, intended for specific, potentially deadly scenarios. Perhaps they served as a seed in my mind which made me more amenable to the gospel, I was definnitely a seeker at the time, though as noted, I was totally confused by everything.

You are delineating everything too much in black or white. The world is shades of grey, and only contact with the Lord can lift us out of that smudgy darkness. But haranguing people who don't believe is no way to go about building the Kingdom of God.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 01:38 PM
link   
“Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing
Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?”
Epicurus

edit on 27-2-2022 by Proto88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Thank you for your kind words. I do understand that not everything I post in these matters is relatable, but I try to be as relatable as possible. "Justice, mercy & humility" was the summary of Old Testament requirements; "Love thy neighbour as thyself - do unto others as you would have done unto yourself" is the summary of the New Testament. I try to measure my comments by those standards, with Truth held up as high as it can be, for each of us to decide upon in our hearts.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join