It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The spiritual mind vs the carnal mind

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2022 @ 10:24 AM
link   
This message is for people out there that call themselves atheist. There's someone out their that God has a purpose for that at this moment allows their carnal mind to supress their spiritual nature and keep them separated from God. I don't know this purpose, that's between you and God. But a person or persons out there that call themselves an atheist has been getting a strong calling from God.

The Bible talks about a carnal mind and a spiritual mind.

Romans 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Carnal means flesh. This is vs. your spiritual mind which is the breath of life from God and is eternal.

We need to go back to the fall to get a clear picture of the difference between the two.

When Adam had the fall in the Garden, his sin not only separated him from God but corrupted his very nature. I believe that because of sin Adam and all humanity took on the sinful nature of the fallen ones. At this time, God had already made a way through Eve to reconcile us to Him.

Genesis 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Her seed is Jesus Christ and it's Mitochondria DNA. Mitochondria DNA is mostly passed down through the mother's line. It's where ATP is created and that powers our cells.

This is why Jesus had to be born of a virgin. Jesus was born in human form but was without sin. He paid the wages of sin which is death when he was sinless. Christ came in the flesh and died for our sins.

This is why the Bible talks about the Blood of Jesus. The Bible also tells us life(DNA) is in the Blood. This is very important because our very nature was corrupted because of sin.

So part of the the reason Israel were chosen was to be an example of how hard it would be to live by the law. This is why Jesus came to fulfill the law that none of us could because we're all born in sin and iniquity. The Bible tells us that none are none good but one, God. Another reason you see many things happen in the Old Testament, is because God was protecting the bloodline that Christ would be born into while satan wanted to corrupt that bloodline. Listen how the Bible talks about Noah.

Genesis 6:9 These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.

Satan knew that God couldn't go back on His Word. This is why satan wanted humans to sin. He knew they would take on the corrupted and condemed nature of him and the fallen ones. This also means we will share in their fate which is a life in hell and separation from God.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

The Church is called the Body of Christ, which it is but at death, are literal bodies that we're in right now will be transformed into a Body of Christ. Our bodies will be transformed into spiritual bodies. Jesus took on our sins on the Cross and created a way that our bodies can become spiritual bodies and this would reconcile us to God. This is why Jesus is called the first born of many bretheren.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Paul talks about this in 1 Corinthians:

15:35 But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come?

36 Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die:

37 And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain:

38 But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body.

39 All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds.

40 There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.

41 There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory.

42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:

43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:

44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

He calls Jesus the last Adam.

See, sin came through Adam and it's something about Adam's very nature down to his DNA that was corrupted by sin. So God Created the woman with a seed that's protected from Adam's sin. This is why Jesus was born of a virgin.

The Bible says:

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

This is why we have to be Born Again. Born in the Spirit. The death of Christ allows for us to receive the Holy Spirit which plants the seed in us and we're BORN AGAIN when we give our life to Christ!

This brings us to our spirtual mind vs. the carnal mind.

CONT'D

posted on Feb, 18 2022 @ 10:25 AM
link   
The carnal mind is the flesh. There's only a spiritual mind that exists and is eternal. This is the breathe of life God breathed into Adam.

A lot of people associate the carnal mind with who they are. This is the cause of some mental problems. People associate their thoughts which some are just urges from the flesh with who they are. So they will say "why do I think like that" or "why do I feel this way."

The truth is, those urges aren't you and they die when you die. This is the carnal mind. It's urges of the flesh that you associate as the "self." So you allow your spiritual mind, which is your higher nature or your spiritual nature, to give life to your carnal urges that you associate with being who you are.

Let me say that again:

The truth is, those urges aren't you and they die when you die. This is the carnal mind. It's urges of the flesh that you associate as the "self." So you allow your spiritual mind, which is your higher nature or your spiritual nature, to give life to your carnal urges that you associate with being who you are.

So you can be overcome with lust or with pride and you will say,"Why am I this way?"

You're not. It's your corrupted sinful nature. This is what the death of Christ on the Cross liberated us from. So we can worship God in Spirit and in Truth.

Think about this:

When you die, the carnal mind dies. Your spiritual mind is eternal and lives on after death. This is why death will be so horrifying to those who don't accept Christ.

When you die, you will be without your carnal mind. It will just be your spiritual mind and the realization that you're forever separated from God. When you die without Christ, you will feel this separation from God 1000 times over because your carnal mind will be dead. Your carnal mind is just urges of the sinful flesh that you personify with your spiritual mind.

Let me repeat that:

When you die, you will be without your carnal mind. It will just be your spiritual mind and the realization that you're forever separated from God. When you die without Christ, you will feel this separation from God 1000 times over because your carnal mind will be dead. Your carnal mind is just urges of the sinful flesh that you personify with your spiritual mind.

Look at the rich man and Lazarus:

19 There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:

20 And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,

21 And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.

22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;

23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.

26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.

27 Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:

28 For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.

29 Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.

30 And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.

31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

The rich man died and it was just his spiritual mind in torment. Just imagine that. When you die without Christ, the sinful urges of the flesh that you think are you will be dead and it will just be your spiritual mind without the sinful carnal urges. Your spiritual mind will realize that it's separated from God for eternity and you will really be tormented because you will not have the carnal mind which is just the sinful urges of the flesh.

God doesn't want anyone to perish:

2 Peter 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

So if you're an atheist or you don't believe in Christ, don't use your carnal mind which is just the urges of the sinful flesh while your alive, to supress your spiritual nature when you're being called by God.

Thank God for His Son Jesus Christ who died for our sins and the Holy Spirit which will lead us to these truths.

posted on Feb, 18 2022 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Amen. I'm not the atheist but it fed me just the same. Thanks, brother.

posted on Feb, 18 2022 @ 11:03 AM
link   
The events in the garden aka "original sin" were the first conspiracy against plebeian (wo)man by the elite upper class.

edit on 18-2-2022 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2022 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
Amen. I'm not the atheist but it fed me just the same. Thanks, brother.

Amen Brother!

posted on Feb, 18 2022 @ 11:48 AM
link   
The blind leading the blind up here on Earth.

posted on Feb, 18 2022 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Agreed. Slippery slope, especially in these times now.

posted on Feb, 18 2022 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Christ and the Father have no connection to the god of The Old Testament, it was Christ in the Garden who tempted Eve, genetics have no meaning what so ever, your physical body is that of an animal nothing more, we are spiritual beings trapped in a never ending material existence, Christ is our saviour from this prison.
edit on th02491212 by Smigg because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2022 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Smigg

Christ and the Father have no connection to the god of The Old Testament, it was Christ in the Garden who tempted Eve...

LOL! What? Where do you read such drivel?

posted on Feb, 18 2022 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic
I'm a spiritual atheist.

Have experienced quite a few OBEs over the years and therefore believe there is something beyond the material world.

Still, I've never run into this God or the Christ that you speak of.

posted on Feb, 18 2022 @ 03:13 PM
link   
A soul should have depth an means, that can fill a void. Where flesh is a fleeting, reaction whose yearnings are voided in a world of constant change.

posted on Feb, 18 2022 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

Christ and the Father have no connection to the god of The Old Testament, it was Christ in the Garden who tempted Eve...

Your reaction is understandable, It's quite unbelievable I know.

posted on Feb, 18 2022 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

I'm a spiritual atheist.

Have experienced quite a few OBEs over the years and therefore believe there is something beyond the material world.

Still, I've never run into this God or the Christ that you speak of.

That's a start maybe. Your "astral" experiences I mean. Being "out of the body" is a hallmark of what we call the spiritual world. Is the astral a friendly place for you?

posted on Feb, 18 2022 @ 05:45 PM
link   

That's a start maybe. Your "astral" experiences I mean.

What is ironic, I guess, is that when I started experiencing OBEs I was what I would call a devout christian.

I actually thought that they might strengthen my religious resolve but it was the opposite, I started loosing faith.

Then about 30 years later I came upon the books of Robert Monroe, who some say was the authority on the subject of OBEs, and his experiences were the most similar to mine that I had ever come across. His position was, there is more out there but it isn't like it is told in the bible or other religious texts. Pretty much where I had landed about 30 years ago.

Is the astral a friendly place for you?

99% of the time it is.
edit on 18-2-2022 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2022 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

What is ironic, I guess, is that when I started experiencing OBEs I was what I would call a devout christian.

There's some research about Robert Monroe & his institute in the link in my sig that might interest you. 1st page about halfway down.

As a devout Christian did you not feel like you ever communed with something outside yourself that revealed yourself to you in ways that you had never been able to personally achieve yourself?

I'm not replying to try and convince you particularly, but I've always liked you even when we have different viewpoints. You have a good mind and you're always forthright with your opinions.

posted on Feb, 18 2022 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Smigg

Thanks for admitting that you have no reputable source to back those statements up.

posted on Feb, 18 2022 @ 08:38 PM
link   

As a devout Christian did you not feel like you ever communed with something outside yourself that revealed yourself to you in ways that you had never been able to personally achieve yourself?

The closest thing to something christian was a light being that had a white energy flowing from it that, at the time, I identified as an angel. It was early on and I was still trying to shoehorn things into the christian paradigm.

The biggest part of the 1% was sitting up, not being fully out of my body, and a dark gooey thing flying at my face, attaching itself to my right eye and it feeling like it was trying to suck my brain out of the eye socket. It was almost instantly that I thought about the books of Carlos Castaneda and Don Juan telling Carlos about detachment. That was it, switch off the fear.

I did so and it popped off, flew back a bit and then darted into a corner and spun until it vanished.

I didn't pray to christ or jehovah or any other god. Might of been a good time for a deity to earn a lifetime subscriber but it didn't happen.

I'm not replying to try and convince you particularly, but I've always liked you even when we have different viewpoints. You have a good mind and you're always forthright with your opinions.

Thanks and right back at you.

As for the link in your sig, I have heard about Monroe's involvement with the military and RV before and will read through that thread.

posted on Feb, 19 2022 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Smigg

Thanks for admitting that you have no reputable source to back those statements up.

Lol, no silly that wasn't an admittance.

posted on Feb, 19 2022 @ 05:09 AM
link   

If it wasn't, you'd be backing up your statements, but you aren't.

The question you need to ask yourself is why Jesus Christ quoted the Old Testament God so much if they weren't related.

Better yet, here's what Jesus had to say about it...

Luke 24:44

44 Then He said to them, “These are the words which I spoke to you while I was still with you, that all things must be fulfilled which were written in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms concerning Me.” 45 And He opened their understanding, that they might comprehend the Scriptures.

John 5:46

46 For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me; for he wrote about Me.

47 But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?”
edit on 19-2-2022 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2022 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Then about 30 years later I came upon the books of Robert Monroe, who some say was the authority on the subject of OBEs, and his experiences were the most similar to mine that I had ever come across. His position was, there is more out there but it isn't like it is told in the bible or other religious texts. Pretty much where I had landed about 30 years ago.

The Bible tells us there are other spiritual entities out there and Satan is one of them. There's even a battle of powers between God and whatever "god" the Pharaoh was worshiping in the book of Exodus when Moses went to lead his people out of captivity in Egypt. Both God and Satan have angels or demons that do their bidding for them.

What exactly do you think is "out there" that wasn't told in the Bible or any other religious texts?

Spiritual entities such as angels and demons have the ability to manifest into the physical world in any way, shape, or form they want. In the Bible we know that God appeared to his people as a burning bush, a pillar of smoke, a cloud, or even a man. While other entities have the same abilities to appear as they wish, it doesn't mean that they have the power to create or do whatever they wish. They aren't as powerful as God, as we witnessed in the book of Exodus.

What fascinates me are people who experience awe inspiring things that choose not to research what exactly it might have been. I remember someone here on ATS years ago talking about some kind of meditation practice he was performing and an OBE they were having when a huge white angel showed up and yelled at him to "STOP"! When I asked him how he felt about it or if he ever felt the desire to research what it was, it was like he didn't have any interest in it or finding out. Maybe some people don't want to know the truth, but I'll never understand that.

edit on 19-2-2022 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join