It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are atheist so angry with God?

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2022 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
a reply to: GoShredAK

I'm not reading your post. (past the first portion)

You clearly didn't read any of mine. (or something)

I'm sorry, I really am not trying to be rude.

But it is, what it is. So, cheers. Sincerely.

Peace.

Pretty sure I was drunk my bad....

posted on Apr, 8 2022 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK
Adam and Even and what happened in the garden is Old Testament stuff.

That was the point, what good did the "new covenant" do for them in their search for knowledge and why would god punish that?

Everything I said earlier was based in scripture. I'm coming from a position of over 2 decades of faith and reading and listening...

Reading and listening to something that might be wrong, but your faith makes you think it is right. Also part of the point.

I don't know a whole lot about atheism, what is your belief? Do we just turn back into dirt and it's basically lights out at that point?

Me experiences with OBEs compel me to believe there is more, those same experiences make me think that if people in the past also had these types of the experiences they would come up with some of the ideas in the bible and also any other religion in the world, past or present, but they have never given me the certainty that things are like they are told in the bible. I had to try to convince myself of that until I just couldn't anymore.

At a point in my teens I realized that I had read or seen on TV or in movies stories about myths and then the penny dropped, the stories in the bible are nothing more than the myths of the jewish people, with the rub being that it also is a big part of the myths of christans, although the orthodox jews don't agree with the Christ being the messiah.

I'm not jewish so why would I give those myths any more importance than the myths of the greek, roman, nordic, aztec, mayan (which I actually am, in part) or people of any other ethnicity in the world? The only answer was, it was what I had been told is the truth since before I can remember and we land right back into something I mentioned earlier. Christians are atheists when it comes to all those other gods, I just happen to be atheist in regards to one more than they are, their's.

posted on Apr, 8 2022 @ 12:45 AM
link   

a reply to: cooperton

I meant that when I was questioning my faith, and prayed my heart out, I got silence. I got absolutely nothing. When I genuinely needed something, I got nothing. I wasn't asking for a miracle or demanding proof, or whatever. I just needed anything... And got nothing.

I threw out all my "evil" music, stopped vices, went totally pathetically straight lace in every way. Even prayed to be forgiven for my fathers sins, and my grandfathers sins. Sat and prayed for hours at a time. All pathetic like.

Nothing.

I'm an atheist now. And believe it or not, I do think there is "something more" out there. But it sure as # isn't Jesus, or any of the others from other religions.

Being so law conscious......worrying about your works or the sins of your father.....that is focusing on condemnation....

It's got nothing to do with you, whether you are "good" or not. Jesus already paid the price and only he is "good"

Being sin conscious will get you nowhere so I'm not surprised your faith was diminished...

I feel like you associate Jesus with religious Christianity which is full of hypocrites who use God's word for their own benefit....

That's the good news, you don't have to worry about your conduct or your past. You are forgiven and God loves you whether you like it or not

I know what it is like to be in a dark place and feel like God doesn't give a $h!t.....and I know what it is like to allow condemnation to weigh your soul....

It is all about our thoughts and right believing if you ask me.....sort of like the law of attraction....

The less we worry the more He can work....

I'll pray for Jesus to get your attention somehow....

posted on Apr, 8 2022 @ 12:47 AM
link   

I'm not sure? I don't know any of the details or logistics in heaven or how the unseen things work.

That is why I said that you are not coming from a position of knowledge.

I didn't say it to be rude, I said it because that is basically what faith means.

posted on Apr, 8 2022 @ 01:03 AM
link   
You just fell back into "the script".

That's the good news, you don't have to worry about your conduct or your past. You are forgiven and God loves you whether you like it or not

That sounds like you are saying condemnation was never an option, like I said before, contradicting the bible.

I know what it is like to be in a dark place and feel like God doesn't give a $h!t.....and I know what it is like to allow condemnation to weigh your soul....

I know, we have both been here a while.

It is all about our thoughts and right believing if you ask me.....sort of like the law of attraction....

That isn't christian doctrine.

I appreciate the gesture but I don't even want it. Going back to Pascal's wager, not wanting to make it political but it fits, the new covenant means trading freedom for security, if you really look at it objectively.

"...because my God is just that awesome." just sounds so much like "I love Big Brother" to me.

edit on 8-4-2022 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2022 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

Adam and Even and what happened in the garden is Old Testament stuff.

That was the point, what good did the "new covenant" do for them in their search for knowledge and why would god punish that?

Everything I said earlier was based in scripture. I'm coming from a position of over 2 decades of faith and reading and listening...

Reading and listening to something that might be wrong, but your faith makes you think it is right. Also part of the point.

I don't know a whole lot about atheism, what is your belief? Do we just turn back into dirt and it's basically lights out at that point?

Me experiences with OBEs compel me to believe there is more, those same experiences make me think that if people in the past also had these types of the experiences they would come up with some of the ideas in the bible and also any other religion in the world, past or present, but they have never given me the certainty that things are like they are told in the bible. I had to try to convince myself of that until I just couldn't anymore.

At a point in my teens I realized that I had read or seen on TV or in movies stories about myths and then the penny dropped, the stories in the bible are nothing more than the myths of the jewish people, with the rub being that it also is a big part of the myths of christans, although the orthodox jews don't agree with the Christ being the messiah.

I'm not jewish so why would I give those myths any more importance than the myths of the greek, roman, nordic, aztec, mayan (which I actually am, in part) or people of any other ethnicity in the world? The only answer was, it was what I had been told is the truth since before I can remember and we land right back into something I mentioned earlier. Christians are atheists when it comes to all those other gods, I just happen to be atheist in regards to one more than they are, their's.

That does not sound like atheism to me....

I feel like you are putting our Creator and the person of Jesus in a stereotypical christian religion box.....

I believe the Gospel and I believe in Jesus.

That being said, I also believe it is far more complex then that.....Jesus has made it simple and God has made a way to redeem his people but I don't know if God is an extraterrestrial, or the programmer of the simulation.......

Or perhaps an unfathomably huge being and the universe is literally the nueral network of His brain.....and we are just thoughts or expressions or Nuero transmitters...

Maybe on other planets and in other dimensions God uses a different system and a different Bible...

Maybe Jesus incarnated in ages before as somebody like lao tzu? And much of the super ancient past has been lost in translation....

Perhaps reincarnation happens and the answer of life goes way beyond the Bible and this way we live in is an isolated little blip of time within reality......reality that none of us really understand....

Jesus makes it simple..... according to my faith He is the guy with the answers to all those questions and I need only to have Faith in order to inherit whatever goodness awaits.
edit on 8-4-2022 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2022 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
You just fell back into "the script".

That sounds like you are saying condemnation was never an option, like I said before, contradicting the bible.

I know, we have both been here a while.

That isn't christian doctrine.

I appreciate the gesture but I don't even want it. Going back to Pascal's wager, not wanting to make it political but it fits, the new covenant means trading freedom for security, if you really look at it objectively.

"...because my God is just that awesome." just sounds so much like "I love Big Brother" to me.

I disagree that pondering the law of attraction is against Christ's teachings...

He says pray for something and believe in your heart that it is already yours and it will be given to you....

Also not to worry but to seek God and all things will be added to you.....

There is a bunch more....

Sounds alot like the law of attraction to me.....

Just not the mainstream "the secret" version.

posted on Apr, 8 2022 @ 01:13 AM
link   
mini0ns love their mtv. love their media. love their 'celebrities'

celebrities work for the globalists who own the media.

the globalists are VERY 'do as i say not as i do' kind of crowd.

those globalists have their religion, and they want no one else to have a religion.

so why do athiests 'hate' anything?

because they are mini0ns, who do not know how to think for themselves, and fall for the propagandist trash from hollywood.

posted on Apr, 8 2022 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: drongosrevenge
mini0ns love their mtv. love their media. love their 'celebrities'

celebrities work for the globalists who own the media.

the globalists are VERY 'do as i say not as i do' kind of crowd.

those globalists have their religion, and they want no one else to have a religion.

so why do athiests 'hate' anything?

because they are mini0ns, who do not know how to think for themselves, and fall for the propagandist trash from hollywood.

Which created the world's hypocritical religions that have led people astray.

posted on Apr, 8 2022 @ 01:31 AM
link   

That does not sound like atheism to me....

I know, because religious people, not just christians, can't imagine someone who believes in more without more being their god.

I feel like you are putting our Creator and the person of Jesus in a stereotypical christian religion box.....

The bible did that. It says what it says. If you look to decipher what it says to mean something else you are straying from the written word and the rest of your post shows that.

posted on Apr, 8 2022 @ 01:34 AM
link   

There is a bunch more....

That was kinda the point. Whoever carried on the oral tradition and all those who decided to write it down included what they thought was "truth", that doesn't mean it really is.
edit on 8-4-2022 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2022 @ 04:02 AM
link   

a reply to: Randyvine2

(not directed at you, more of a rant)

It's the fact that there are some people, that make the argument in favor of free will. Free will being, free. That the woes of the world are ultimately man's decisions. Fair enough.

Then I show verses from the Bible that clearly show, that that isn't the case.

It's all our decisions. Even though, it clearly isn't necessarily.

And to drag it out a bit more... God interfering with free will, 'they' will say, well the person still had a choice.

Okay, so God is into peer pressure. Stumbling blocks..

Bottom line here is. I have yet to hear anyone other than non believers acknowledge the fact that their precious God is not impartial, does not give a crap about the free will they rave about, and has his own agenda.

The farthest they will go boils down to, 'if they're sinners its okay'.

And that's great, if you want to believe in some higher power tucking you in at night. Just go to sleep and ignore what doesn't jive. Wake up and yell at atheists as cherry picking God haters, tell us we still believe in God...somehow... ..Believe that your God isn't #ing with your head... No it's only us that scrutinize.

How many people burned at the stake thanks to this mindset?

Can't even wrap their minds around people who don't believe...

And how the hell can anyone expect me to believe this bull# narrative? And even if it is true, do I want to be part of it? Do I want to give my life to some dude in the clouds that exercises double standards, and killed his own son. Out of all his other options. And, as a divine do whatever the # I want type of being..

Hopefully you get my point.

I will never ever worship this Christian God, even if all my issues with the Bible could be cleared up and he is proven to exist. Bottom line, he is an asshole. Send me to hell. All my favorite bands are there.

Feel free to look at my posts in this thread. The questions are there. Although they might get some interesting answers, they were rhetorical because, let's face it.. When the entrenched believers cant answer, they ignore.

Don't preach at me using your Bible, if you can't back up the criticisms of said Bible, and it's narrative. (general statement)

Do I believe there is a 'higher power'? Well I wouldn't know. I just know it isn't Jesus, any more than it's Muhammed, Buddha, or Vishnu.

ETA Plot Twist: Already gave my life to the Lord. Once saved always saved? Guess it depends on who you ask. Can't even get it straight amongst themselves. Hard to know what's true or not, with all those lying spirits hanging about, ya know?

I'm not really sure you even made a point.

Damn, I was just try'n a be part of a conversation the best way I knew how.
I had no idea I couldn't do it with out preaching.

Any way you described dispensationalism. And maybe a professor could explain it
better than some sappy Jesus freak on the web.

Dr. Gene Kim from Berkeley

Just for #z and giggles Vishnu, Muhammed, Buddha, Confucius all denied being
God because they weren't liars. Men decided to make them Gods any way.

According to you Jesus was the only one who lied.

posted on Apr, 8 2022 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Randyvine2

I'm not really sure you even made a point.

I believe the point was these questions (I maybe wrong):

Does the individual have freewill?
Or is God all powerful?

edit on 8-4-2022 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2022 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Replying to this post

Originally posted by GoShredAK

If we were aware of the outcome and the purpose for reincarnating back on earth before we made the decision then it would make sense to risk condemnation again as you say.....

Not sure if you made a typo error there or not…

Because I was arguing that it wouldn’t make any sense for a soul to incarnate here and risk being condemned to hell…which is either destruction of the Soul or eternal torment for the Soul…depending on your Christian theological take etc…

Pascals Wager is about taking the chance that Christianity is true and thereby avoiding those outcomes…

Originally posted by GoShredAK

You know it's going to suck and be painful and miserable and scary but you know you're going back to your Abba Father....even though you won't know that once back on earth.

I believe the things souls can do are infinite because my God is just that awesome.

Fair enough…But that is completely different too what standard Christianity teaches… and that which is proposed by Pascals Wager…which is what the post you highlighted (my discussion with Cooperton) was talking about…

So again, I’d have to ask the same question I asked Cooperton…

What Christian denomination do you belong too…?

- JC

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joecroft
Not sure if you made a typo error there or not…

I'd have to say it wasn't a typo.

If I am reading their post right, they are saying that a soul might decide to incarnate in this plane because they already know they won't get burned.

That kinda implies that the doom in the bible was pumped up. If the souls that incarnate know this isn't for keeps, it undermines the narrative of the bible.

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

If you only lived in darkness, you'll appreciate and understand the light once it finally emerges, and you'd love it and understand it's glory.. If we were born as the angels, and never knew darkness, we wouldn't appreciate the light that always surrounded us.. This is why the angels in heaven adore us. We see a perspective they were born to never see.

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik

I'd have to say it wasn't a typo.

You could be right…but it didn’t seem to make sense from a standard Christian perspective…especially considering GoShredAK’s previous posts…

His last reply to me did mention reincarnation but his previous posts gave the impression that he was a Christian…it’s soo confusing!...

If I am reading their post right, they are saying that a soul might decide to incarnate in this plane because they already know they won't get burned.

Well, that makes perfect sense…problem is…most Christians don’t believe in preexisting Souls or that hell isn’t real…again it’s confusing considering GoShredAK’s previous posts…and the entire premise of the OP…

That kinda implies that the doom in the bible was pumped up. If the souls that incarnate know this isn't for keeps, it undermines the narrative of the bible.

I totally agree; this is what I was trying to imply and lead up too with my discussion with cooperton…but the conversation got cut short…

What I’m finding weird here…is that many so called “Christians” on this thread are turning out to have some other type of unique set of beliefs…which is fine in itself…I mean, they are entitled to those beliefs etc…

But what is not cool, is them hiding under guise of the label “Christian” and the premise of the OP…when they are not even in alignment with the standard Christian beliefs…

- JC

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep
That makes perfect sense but the topic is incarnation/reincarnation.

Would an "angel" incarnate to have that perspective if it meant risking eternal damnation?

There is the idea that when a soul incarnates/reincarnates a veil is placed to block the knowledge of past lives on earth and other planes to make for a more genuine experience.

Now, the idea of judgment and an even darker place (hell) after this life is over isn't needed in order to have these two perspectives.
edit on 11-4-2022 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 05:33 AM
link   

I come back to this thread and you're still posting.

Man, you're exhibit A. Atheist can't stop talking about God. It's because an atheist is defined by God. You can't be an atheist if God doesn't exist. The Bible says.

Romans 1:28 “And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;”

You still haven't answered the question I asked pages ago:

Here it is, you spent more time commenting on this thread than anyone about God and you believe in the possibility of the existence of the peer that you have no clue about. Who is this mythical peer?

Who is this peer that you said you believe created the universe? Where did this peer originate? Which galaxy? What type of civilization does this peer live in? Did this peer use a quantum computer? How did this peer scale up this quantum computer?

You ridicule people for believing in God yet you believe in some peer that created the universe. Does this peer control the afterlife you said you believe in?
edit on 14-4-2022 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic
I come back to this thread and you're still posting.

Yeah, so?

It is what people do in a forum.

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43 >>

join