It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we take a moment to acknowledge President Zelensky’s Heroism

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Randomname2

That has me laughing my a$$ off. They are basically forcing guys right out of Boot Camp to sign a contract and sending them to the Ukraine.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: jannybobani9

The difference between us is that I don’t take sides, I trust and admire Putin as much as I trust or admire any other politician, which is not at all.

If you had done 5 minutes of research into Zelensky you wouldn’t be painting him as a hero.

Nobody wins in another world war, my suggestion is those demonising Russia realise that the only way out of this is diplomacy.
edit on 26/2/22 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Could you imagine Biden or Trump or Obama doing something like that?
Bush Sr was a pilot and saw combat in WW2, Ford was in the navy and I believe he might have seen some combat as well.
Eisenhower was obviously a senior officer in the military during WW2 before he was president.
I don’t think this is a photo op for Zelenskyy, I think this is as real as it gets with him….at least that’s the way he comes across to me.

I really think Putin might have made a miscalculation in this invasion.
Russia hasn’t been in a large scale military operation since Afghanistan, their inexperience appears to be showing.
Everyone thought the big , bad Russian army was going to overrun Ukraine.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

Who are you convincing of your "neutrality"?

Either way,

I don’t take sides

Sounds like a safe strategy to me.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Post an example suggesting otherwise.

I’m not a Zelensky fan boy due to his rather chequered past and associations.

edit on 26/2/22 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Post an example suggesting otherwise.

I am not arguing your point, and wouldn't care to post anything suggesting otherwise. I can actually see your point, it is best debated in another post. Again, my post was an admiration of bravery of Zelenskyy for obvious reasons, not a political statement concerning who is right or better.

I’m not a Zelensky fan boy due to his rather chequered past and associations

That's cool, but I thought

I don’t take sides

I know who you prefer Putin, even though you claim neutrality. You actually don't know my political stance.
Are you beginning to see how neutrality works? Best of luck

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Could you imagine Biden or Trump or Obama doing something like that?

No, I couldn't imagine. Those 2 would be on Air Force 1 so quickly. We know Trump was in the bunker because of rioters for crying out loud. Who can forget, just a couple of weeks ago Trudeau was evacuated into hiding because the truckers were near his home.

Disclaimer:: I don't post an example of Obama being evasive of confrontation, similar to my cited example of Trump and Trudeau, because I was too young to care when Obama was president and don't have any first-hand experiences. My citing Trump and Trudeau is not a representation of my political stance.

I really think Putin might have made a miscalculation in this invasion.

I hope so - I hope the miscalculation spares lives and does not increase the murders.
I just heard a children's hospital was bombed, I hope that is not true.
edit on 26-2-2022 by jannybobani9 because: Disclaimer

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 03:46 PM
link   

If people would forget about the leaders for a moment and actually stop and realise that the country being invaded, Ukraine, will suffer loses to its general population/civilians. There will be little to no death of Russian civilians the loses they suffer will more than likely be military who are acting on behalf of Putin,

Prior to this conflict starting I could care less for either of the leaders, I think ALL politicians are useless idiots but when civilians are being murdered and displaced from there homes I have no problem siding with the country being invaded and denouncing the insanity of the vile aggressor, which in this case is Putin.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Not at all, Putin however isn’t painting himself as some kind of freedom fighter.

Zelenskys pockets are lined by billionaires just like the aforementioned Russian president.

One of them has real control and influence, the other is just a shill, I don’t trust or respect either of them.

If you made a thread about Putins heroism you can expect a similar critique.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Yeah, I really do see your point.
Yet, it is still admirable when someone's life is on the line and that person does not derelict his duty.

It is admirable because the commitment is not consistent with greed and selfishness, but is consistent with the resilience of character; regardless of whether the latter describes Zelenskyy correctly or not. The resilience quality is difficult to carve within one's character and requires a servitude mentality and a whole lot of discipline.
I at least speak for myself.

The story hasn't ended and the threat is going to grow. There is no telling how long the resilience will last. It is admirable, to date.

edit on 26-2-2022 by jannybobani9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 04:09 PM
link   

It’s good PR, which is why I doubt the legitimacy.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 04:24 PM
link   

I was/am a Trump supporter and I know he wouldn’t pick up a weapon and join the fight.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: UpThenDown

100%

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 04:28 PM
link   

It's still hard af; the good PR is deserved in my opinion; I contribute to it.

Out of both sides, there is only 1 side suffering right now.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Respect that he has the guts to do it. However I will play devils advocate and point out that as President of a country in the middle of a war, this is the wrong thing to do.

Yeah I will get lash back but this is about the head of a country. If he dies, processes are stagnating until the next one is declared or emergency powers take effect.

It's his job to be available for such decisions and leading the processes, not jumping around with a rifle probably getting killed.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Maybe if Zelensky believed in and pursued negotiations within the Minsk Agreement protocol he might not be in this mess and he could be considered a hero. Maybe? I'm no Putin cheerleader but if what I've read about and heard out of his own mouth for the last 20 years or so, he is no fool. You fcuk around and don't listen to him, he just may fcuk you over. Is that what is happening now? Just saying...

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade

It’s good PR, which is why I doubt the legitimacy.

Our world has become so fake and so far removed from reality that people have become unable to differentiate fact from fiction. Write up a cheeseball hero story and people lap it up, just ignore the fact he's handing out guns to children instead of telling them to shelter in place or evacuate. I find it disgusting and it appears he's using children as an emotional hook for press. He's giving them guns to engage enemy troops? Madness that I hope is just for show and not really happening. Time will tell, but I don't trust hysteria. Hysteria is the magician's flourish of legacy media, look over here.

We've been lied to for decades, but this time we're getting the truth? Suddenly these media sources and politicians are reliable? Is everybody forgetting the "violent, racist, and anti-democracy" trucker protest? Are we listening to these people now? Why?

Everybody has conveniently forgotten that every war and every provocation the West has gotten in has always been justified by something we later discover was bs or, even worse, a problem we created on the sly. US politicians have been using Ukraine as a piggy bank for their families and we don't even know how many or how deep it went. Given how little they care for the border in the US I find it hard to believe they care much about the sovereignty of Ukraine. They seem much more concerned with fake roving bands of white supremacists in the US than with the very real neonazi groups that have been reported in Ukraine for some time.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 08:47 PM
link   

He will not be in the country I fear he is long gone.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Zelensky's name will forever be known in History Books as Ukraine's Fearless Warrior President.

I can think of a certain U.S. President who was afraid to even go visit with Zelensky just before the Russia-Ukraine conflict began. This girly-man sent his Vice President, in his place.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 09:13 PM
link   
It's a lot better look than N PR advising us how to handle the bad war news. Seriously, who needs a list of tips on how to survive the trauma of a war happening to two other countries on the other side of the world?

If you are having trouble coping, you might be a pansy.

And it is true that Zelensky is still in Kyiv. He continues to post from there. Videos of himself. His family may have been evacuated.

And it's not just Zelensky. Many of Ukraine's government are fighting. Check out the parliament lady in the blue dress holding her rifle. She states that she will be fighting as will many others like her to defend her country.
edit on 26-2-2022 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join