It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today I am married for 42 years!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
I hope one day you will find your true love.

Don't give up on love.

originally posted by: ancientlight
Bizarre. Can't imaging love lasting that long.
But congratulations , happy it exists at least

I have given up , but thanks . Happy for you at least

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Do you think that appart from the financial benefits anything would have changed if you did not marry her?

I find these form of binding contracts higly suspicious, and I often wonder why people put so much stock in them.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

44 years, jeez man congratulations to you too bro.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 02:26 AM
link   
You never found someone that you would like to spend the rest of your life with?

originally posted by: Terpene

Do you think that appart from the financial benefits anything would have changed if you did not marry her?

I find these form of binding contracts higly suspicious, and I often wonder why people put so much stock in them.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

You know, being married over forty five years is not normal anymore, especially for people under sixty years old....

Married at 15(or less) years old?

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Sure but why would I need to write it down? Does love and commitment need that piece of paper?
Is it so the other I want to spend the rest of my life with can't walk away from me?
What's the purpose, except some false securities to have someone to spend the rest of your life with?

It sound like ownership not relationship.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: ancientlight

I have given up , but thanks . Happy for you at least

Honestly, I think it's a bit relieving, or freeing.... I'm not sure the exact word I'm looking for here, but it's much easier once you're no longer thinking, "I know it must be out there somewhere. I just haven't found it yet, but I'll keep looking!"

I'm much more content with thinking, "Meh. I guess it ain't. Oh well."

I'm sure DeathSlayer (& others) think that's a sad way to look at it, but I am perfectly fine with it.

You never found someone that you would like to spend the rest of your life with?

I have..... at first. The feeling may last for quite some time, but eventually.... things change. It always changes at some point.

One thing I know for a fact, is that I am very happy that I do not have 2 or 3 or 4 ex-wives right now. I know people who do, and they're still paying for it. It doesn't take much imagination to picture myself in that same situation.... There was at least one that I am sure that's what her goal was. She almost succeeded.

Don't get me wrong, as others have said, it's good that you found it, but it doesn't work out for everybody.

edit on 2/22/22 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 04:29 AM
link   

I join the U.S. Army and fly half way around the world and fall in love at first sight and we have been together for over 44 years. Dated for 2 years to make sure we were compatible and then I popped the question

Best decision I ever made. We are still in love as ever before!

Same story ... 37 for us.

Congratulations to you and your Mrs.!!

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

same. USAF, not army. 32 years.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
same. USAF, not army. 32 years.

Scary testament from a certain perspective ... LMAO at the fairer sex here in Murica.

Congratulations to and your wife too, Brother!!

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 06:31 AM
link   
That is fantastic. 42 years. Good on yah. 💪👍

I am currently in the healthiest relationship I have ever been in so that’s something and I’m 44. Does that count? 😂

I want to marry this one. I think we are close.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Congratulations!

Seems like us long-haulers are becoming fewer. We'll hit 38 in May. Like you, both of us are children of broken families and knew that a break-up was never the right way.

I've come to realize that love is not an emotion. Merriam-Webster defines emotion as:

a conscious mental reaction (such as anger or fear) subjectively experienced as strong feeling usually directed toward a specific object and typically accompanied by physiological and behavioral changes in the body.

Love causes emotional reactions of all kinds, but love is not a subjective reaction; it is a commitment based on an objective decision. This is why marriages last decades. A failure to comprehend this is why they do not.

Carry on!

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 07:24 AM
link   

42 happy years.
39 for you and 3 for her....lol

But seriously, congratulations...working on 28 yrs myself.

Unfortunately I think these sort of milestones will be extremely rare in the not to distant future. Marriage is at an all time low because of today's social norms. A huge part of culture is being lost.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Thank you...

originally posted by: Snarl

I join the U.S. Army and fly half way around the world and fall in love at first sight and we have been together for over 44 years. Dated for 2 years to make sure we were compatible and then I popped the question

Best decision I ever made. We are still in love as ever before!

Same story ... 37 for us.

Congratulations to you and your Mrs.!!

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Sounds like you have a keeper!
Don't let this one go.

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman
That is fantastic. 42 years. Good on yah. 💪👍

I am currently in the healthiest relationship I have ever been in so that’s something and I’m 44. Does that count? 😂

I want to marry this one. I think we are close.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 08:26 AM
link   
28 years... congratulations!

a reply to: incoserv

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Congratulations.

Hope it's a lovely time.

I had my 27th Anniversary the other day.

edit on 2/22/2022 by MykeNukem because: forgiveness

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrokenCircles

originally posted by: rickymouse

You know, being married over forty five years is not normal anymore, especially for people under sixty years old....

Married at 15(or less) years old?

I know quite a few people who got married very young and in the generation before me, there were quite a few shotgun weddings of young people. Remember though, the vast majority of people in the generation before me were married a long time.

A lot of kids in my generation were married at seventeen, the girls had boyfriends maybe eighteen or nineteen, guys that were ahead of them in highschool. It was not unusual for a twelvth grader to go out with a tenth grader when I was a kid, and when the boy got out of school and got a job, he married the girl who was now a senior in highschool or who just graduated.

I knew girls that were married when they just turned sixteen years old and a lot of girls that got married at seventeen, even in my kids generation quite a few girls got married at seventeen...including my oldest daughter, who is now forty and still married.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 08:16 PM
link   

How wonderful it must be to always have a date! To love and be loved...it's the greatest circumstance there is. I have not been as lucky as you; I've got 2 x's...they were learning experiences....bur not the one.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 09:19 PM
link   

my condolences......
poor bastard. ...

i been married 30....

you deserve an award , puttin up with all that
all those years.
we get along so well because we dont talk.
(her screeches, pierce my ears)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join