It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: majesticgent

Well now we know.

Russian President Vladimir Putin asked the country’s parliament on Tuesday for permission to use military force outside the country — a move that could presage a broader attack on Ukraine after the U.S. said an invasion was already underway there.

Putin’s letter to the upper house of parliament would formalize a Russian military deployment to the rebel regions. Lawmakers are expected to quickly rubber-stamp Putin’s request during a session Tuesday.

Putin asks for permission to use force outside Russia

Well at least he asked. But "peacekeeping" is considered force? What force is he asking permission for?
edit on 22-2-2022 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: majesticgent
a reply to: majesticgent

Well now we know.

Russian President Vladimir Putin asked the country’s parliament on Tuesday for permission to use military force outside the country — a move that could presage a broader attack on Ukraine after the U.S. said an invasion was already underway there.

Putin’s letter to the upper house of parliament would formalize a Russian military deployment to the rebel regions. Lawmakers are expected to quickly rubber-stamp Putin’s request during a session Tuesday.

Putin asks for permission to use force outside Russia

Well at least he asked. But "peacekeeping" is considered force? What force is he asking permission for?

Strategically, a permanent base and Black Sea port. Putin believes himself to be Russia's modern Peter the Great, so reestablishing Russia's 1796 borders could be a possible goal.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I wouldn't downplay sanctions here. Even California’s economy dwarfs Russia’s by 80 percent, so the whole American economic power along with the EU will eventually crush Russia if they wanted to, it’s just a matter of time.
The question is will they really do these sanctions?

Biden will likely pour some sanctions on Putin and leave some for later

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 12:38 PM
link   
The media is going full force right now to blame 45 for Russia right now before Biden is expected to make remarks.
Then, they are going even further and saying that the GOP is supporting the Russian invasion.

Does anyone else remember this gem?

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Biden to address the US on the Russia Ukraine situation.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

I just love this blame game they try to pin on Trump. He was not a politician previously and was in office for 4 years. Many of these politicians have been in office the majority of their lives, including the current president and they have done nothing to correct any problem, and IF there is evidence that shows these politicians have interests in Ukraine it seems like maybe they have helped create the problem. The media has never been so disgusting in all my life it is less than zero.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
a reply to: Xcalibur254

We can go like this forever.

How about we just accept that the international law is a joke and it doesn't apply to super powers? The west and Russia are both hypocrites, can I see anyone from the western world actually say that?

The whole concept of "International Law" has always been a polite fiction. Laws are obeyed because the lawmaker has the ability to force you to obey them. That's as true on the international scale as it is in your neighborhood.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: peaceinoutz

Sanctions won't make any difference to Russia. Putin thinks of the long term, money can be created again in the future, borders might not be so easy to change and secure as now.

Others put money before everything, to Putin the national interest long term counts.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 01:32 PM
link   
In the game of chicken, President Biden is maintaining his losing streak even today.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Biden pretty much just said we are not going to do anything but sanctions which mean nothing to Russia ..So here's Ukraine come get it Putin .
edit on 22-2-2022 by Ravenwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Joe Biden is Sanction Man

Zelensky's got to be screaming "Sanctions!!"

edit on 22-2-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Is it me or wouldn't it be nice if we are on the brink of WWIII that perhaps the leader of the free world take some questions at least from his hand-picked reporters at the presser? Might give us more insight
edit on 22-2-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

Is it me or wouldn't it be nice if we are on the brink of WWIII that perhaps the leader of the free world take some questions at least from his hand-picked reporters at the presser? Might give us more insight

They don't let him take questions any more. President Dementia just manages to read his script as it is.

In any event, I hope nobody is surprised. A few weeks ago he admitted that Russia is going to take Donbass, and we're not going to stop them.
edit on 22-2-2022 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

They don't let him take questions any more. President Dementia just manages to read his script as it is.

I couldn't believe (well, yes I could...) that Biden came out smiling!!! wth?

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 01:49 PM
link   
If anyone wants to know why Putin moved into the Ukraine just watch Bidens Press Conference.

This guy cannot even speak a solid sentence from a teleprompter yet he is ordering the US to mobilize troops.

CornPop is coming....

edit on Febpm28pmf0000002022-02-22T13:52:49-06:000149 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 01:49 PM
link   

it is unimaginable that he wouldn't answer any questions, but he did struggle to read that cue card. He basically came out smiling like he had been having a good lunch and really didn't tell anything that we didn't know already.

and are those considered "sanctions" now? wow, things have really changed now days.
edit on 22-2-2022 by TruthJava because: changed text

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthJava

it is unimaginable that he wouldn't answer any questions, but he did struggle to read that cue card. He basically came out smiling like he had been having a good lunch and really didn't tell anything that we didn't know already.

and are those considered "sanctions" now? wow, things have really changed now days.

I don't know just as long as we avoid war, Putin knows NATO doesn't have the resolve to fight over Ukraine but NATO will gladly ship weapons and grant loans, which does nothing but enrich the manufacturers of those weapons and the politicians they own.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

And where are those troops mobilising to?

Not Ukraine.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Alleged rallies in Moscow, in front of the US embassy, shortly after Biden announcement of sanctions.

Also I've read reports that Putin didn't watch Biden's speech as he had a "working meeting."

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
a reply to: peaceinoutz

Sanctions won't make any difference to Russia. Putin thinks of the long term, money can be created again in the future, borders might not be so easy to change and secure as now.

Others put money before everything, to Putin the national interest long term counts.

Any barbarian-like acts by Putin who would invade an innocent weak country don’t care that the sanctions will hurt his own people... So, sure, sanctions likely won’t stop him but they are still very damaging to the Russian people.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join