It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: sraven

The US does not import a lot from Russia where Russia does import hightech.

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 12:12 AM
link   

📹 В нашем распоряжении появилось видео с места взрыва возле троллейбусного депо в Луганске

Translated from Russian by 📹 We have a video from the scene of the explosion near the trolleybus depot in Luhansk

twitter.com...

This video shows a car narrowly miss being impacted by 2 mortar shells. I am not sure about the source of the video or whether or not it is credible, but is it real or propganda?

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 12:23 AM
link   
2-23-2022

Former President Donald Trump's reaction to Russia granting "recognition" and "independence" to two Ukraine territories.

Former President Trump on Tuesday called Russia's recognition of two breakaway territories in eastern Ukraine a "genius" move ahead of its military invasion.

In an interview on "The Clay Travis and Buck Sexton Show," Trump said Russian President Vladimir Putin's recognition of the Donetsk and Luhansk people’s republics in eastern Ukraine on Monday was "smart" and "pretty savvy."

"I went in yesterday, and there was a television screen, and I said, 'This is genius,'" he said. "Putin declares a big portion of the Ukraine — of Ukraine — Putin declares it as independent. Oh, that’s wonderful."

"I said, 'How smart is that?' He's going to go in and be a peacekeeper," added Trump, who regularly praised and sought close ties with Putin during his time in office. "That's the strongest peace force. We could use that on our southern border. That's the strongest peace force I've ever seen. There were more army tanks than I've ever seen. They're going to keep peace, all right."

Following his recognition of the two Donbas areas, which are controlled by Russian-backed separatists, Putin moved in troops, which led to international condemnation.
More at: thehill.com...

The words "Recognition" and "Independent" and "Peacekeeping", sound like GOOD THINGS, which is why the vast majority of ordinary people are not getting upset over Russia's movements, like Joe Biden and a handful of other "outsiders" are.

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
2-23-2022

Former President Donald Trump's reaction to Russia granting "recognition" and "independence" to two Ukraine territories.

Former President Trump on Tuesday called Russia's recognition of two breakaway territories in eastern Ukraine a "genius" move ahead of its military invasion.

In an interview on "The Clay Travis and Buck Sexton Show," Trump said Russian President Vladimir Putin's recognition of the Donetsk and Luhansk people’s republics in eastern Ukraine on Monday was "smart" and "pretty savvy."

"I went in yesterday, and there was a television screen, and I said, 'This is genius,'" he said. "Putin declares a big portion of the Ukraine — of Ukraine — Putin declares it as independent. Oh, that’s wonderful."

"I said, 'How smart is that?' He's going to go in and be a peacekeeper," added Trump, who regularly praised and sought close ties with Putin during his time in office. "That's the strongest peace force. We could use that on our southern border. That's the strongest peace force I've ever seen. There were more army tanks than I've ever seen. They're going to keep peace, all right."

Following his recognition of the two Donbas areas, which are controlled by Russian-backed separatists, Putin moved in troops, which led to international condemnation.

The words "Recognition" and "Independent" and "Peacekeeping", sound like GOOD THINGS, which is why the vast majority of ordinary people are not getting upset over Russia's movements, like Joe Biden and a handful of other "outsiders" are.

Sometimes its scary to think that Trump has the same basic idea of others, except in far stupider terms. I mean he's not wrong. Putins cause for war as "peacekeepers" was seen coming a mile away.
edit on 23-2-2022 by merka because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: merka

2-23-2022

Sometimes its scary to think that Trump has the same basic idea of others, except in far stupider terms. I mean he's not wrong. Putins cause for war as "peacekeepers" was seen coming a mile away.

It was pointed out today on the news that the two times Putin made aggressive moves on Ukraine, Joe Biden was in the White House. (2014 and 2022) Coincidence?

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 12:53 AM
link   
CBS News Reports that Russia feeding disinformation to our Intel agencies, is what's causing so many Biden Admin statements to be incorrect.

Source: twitter.com...

Biden's hyper "transparency", in order to drum up support for his desire to damage Russia, is working against the administration, due to the "garbage in = garbage out" principle.

edit on 2/23/2022 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 01:01 AM
link   
www.ibanet.org...

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: Rolicia

Evidence for that?

www.ibanet.org...

Just one of many, I'm sure you'll be capable of finding more info yourself if you want to.

Edit: Didn't see the discussion afterwards, obvious cherrypicking is obvious.. upto the point that if a NATO country wants an army somewhere that doesn't connect directly to their country, they send the blue helmets, they are effectively NATO's army..
edit on 23 2 2022 by Rolicia because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I'm noticing a lot of similarities between the Russia Invasion hysteria and the Covid-19 hysteria.

Both WAY OVER-HYPED in their severity by the President, and the U.S. Media.

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Ukraine deserves European Union candidate status, and Poland and Lithuania will support it in this goal, the presidents of the two countries said in a joint declaration with the Ukrainian president on Wednesday.

"We emphasize that, given the significant progress in the implementation of the Association Agreement and internal reforms, as well as the current security challenges, Ukraine deserves EU candidate status and Lithuania and Poland will support Ukraine in achieving this goal," said the declaration, signed in Kyiv by Ukraine's President Volodymyr Zelenskiy, Polish President Andrzej Duda and Lithuanian President Gitanas Nauseda.

Poland and Lithuania say Ukraine deserves EU candidate status due to 'current security challenges'

What are the implications of Ukraine getting EU candidate status? We know that Ukraine wants in NATO but I never read anything about them seeking EU status as well.

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: majesticgent

EU membership for Ukr. would be as unacceptable as NATO membership as far as Putin is concerned.

Besides long-standing Russian fears about the open terrain of their country, Putin and his clique do not want to see a country that is similar to Russia practice a different way of doing things, and GULP doing better than Russia by whatever metric(s).

Cheers

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Are you nuts? Seriously, had Trump said the opposite you would be parroting what he said. Who's now to say that China can't say it recognizing Taiwan.. Heck, Italy can recognize most of Europe.. Greece etc. The funniest thing about this is that you all Trump supporters are so dead set in discrediting Biden that it doesn't matter what he does, you are going to take the opposite side. Same goes for Trump, doesn't matter what he says.. He might say something tomorrow that is exactly opposite of what you said today and tomorrow you will flip.

And you call the left dim. Pot meet kettle.

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Trump praised Putin yesterday calling him a genius and savvy. Tucker Carlson said people in the U.S. call him a racist but Russia has never been mean to him. Candice,Rick Scott, etc all on the pro Russia train.

Obviously the pro Russia talking points have been given and you will see more and more of it parroted from the right.
edit on 23-2-2022 by frogs453 because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Russian missile cruisers on battle alert face NATO carriers in Mediterranean www.debka.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Ukraine-Russia Crisis Updates: Mass Cyberattack Affecting Gov't Websites in Kyiv www.haaretz.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: merka

2-23-2022

Trump is no fool, and he isn't wrong here. Putin is being extremely savvy about this. He's been casting doubt on the legitimacy of the entire Ukrainian state, and now he's set himself up as a peacekeeper to protect Donbass, instead of as an invader.

It's looking like it's probably going to work, too, because it seems like even the Ukrainians aren't freaking out about this.

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 10:25 AM
link   

CBS News Reports that Russia feeding disinformation to our Intel agencies, is what's causing so many Biden Admin statements to be incorrect.

Except it doesn't say that but you long ago stopped doing anything but posting your perception or interpretation of information as anything but fact. Below is both Tweets that make up this foundation for your current story.

1. The source you used is a "Senior Investigative Correspondent" working for CBS News covering "national security + intel."

twitter.com...

2. The full Tweets in the thread are as follow with the bolded part being the current thing you have given your impression of versus actually just giving the truth and letting people form their own informed thoughts. Notice how the actual source uses "maybe" indicating it possibly could or possibly could not be true while your claim is stated factually because like almost every single thing you post here it's not honest, factual or truthful but rather your opinion of some specific piece of info.

Catherine Herridge
@CBS_Herridge
·
22h
#Ukraine Former special adviser Ukraine’s intel service + Defense Minister says he believes Putin goal is to expand foothold in Donbas as a launching pad for de-stabilization of Ukraine as part of broad effort to secure pro-Russia regime. Says de-stabilization is preferred tactic
Catherine Herridge
@CBS_Herridge
over conventional invasion, and actions in Donbas are a “deliverable” for Putin’s domestic audience. Also warned reading of intelligence difficult for US/West because Russia maybe using “disinformation channels” to confuse West’s decision making.

edit on 23-2-2022 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-2-2022 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 10:28 AM
link   

I'm noticing a lot of similarities between the Russia Invasion hysteria and the Covid-19 hysteria.

Both WAY OVER-HYPED in their severity by the President, and the U.S. Media.

You do know that the Pandemic and the handling of it started during the last President so does that mean it was WAY OVER-HYPED by Trump along with it being WAY OVER-HYPED by Biden?

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Biden's hyper "transparency", in order to drum up support for his desire to damage Russia, is working against the administration, due to the "garbage in = garbage out" principle.

So, to put it less charitably, the excuse is that our intelligence network sucks?

...actually, I'm prepared to believe that. For the last several decades, the CIA's primary focus has been profiting off of drug running and human trafficking, and the current administration is far more concerned with spying on Americans than watching for any foreign threats.

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

Putin is. A genius and savvy. Do you really think he is not? He is taking advantage of a situation where the US is weak.

He did not do this during the 45 administration when he should have since he was Trumps boy as many of you say in these threads.

You are repeating the Progressive talking points and sorry, this is all on Biden.

Remember, BIden is the one who said he was the only one to go toe to toe with Putin. He could not even get a meeting with him before an actual invasion took place. As big a debacle as Afghanistan.

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

This is what Trump has now said:

news.sky.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join