It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Father shoots stalker, allowed her to sell him pics. She is 15!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2022 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Last summer, things took a frightening turn when a man her family described as an obsessive stalker showed up at their Florida home with a gun.

"Someone had tried to breach the door with what I assumed was a shotgun," Ava’s dad, Rob Majury, told TODAY's Gabe Gutierrez.

The family says the alleged gunman was 18-year-old Eric Justin, who they said had been sending Ava hundreds of messages on her social media accounts

Link below

So there was a shooting here in Florida last summer. A former cop shot and killed an 18 year old 'stalker' who came to his house to see his 15 year old daughter, stalker had a gun and shot first. So in Florida the father had every right to shoot him BUT here is the thing.. The PARENTS ALLOWED their 15 year old daughter to SELL this guy SELFIES. SHE IS 15!!!!! WHAT is wrong with her parents?! I dont know a single parent of a teenage daughter that would allow such a thing. So, if you ask me the PARENTS invited this crap into their home by allowing their underage daughter to act like she is some grown adult on TikTok. Some of the pictures of her are highly inappropriate for a child! I would NEVER let my kid dress that way let alone post it on the internet for PERVING EYES!

I can't stand TikTok and I dont think teens belong on social media... This is one example why!

Her parents allow her to have a TikTok and sell pics. Um are they pimping her out already? Is her idol a Kardashian? Do they not want her to get an actual education and learn something or is being extremely vain and shallow while doing nothing of skill on the internet the thing teens strive for nowadays?

I am highly against social media for teens and kids. It is not healthy for them AT ALL! Also lets face it 99% of parents do NOT monitor their kids internet history or social media. I have this struggle daily because my 8 year old comes home from he YMCA asking me very inappropriate things because the older kids (4/5ht graders) have cell phones and are showing him things he should not be looking at and neither should the other kids. It is a huge fight and nobody does a thing when I complain. Phones do NOT belong in school, period.

Social medial is a plague on teens and their mental health. I also can't stand the term 'star' when referring to these kids on social media. They are not stars. Give me a break.

TIkTOk Star...

Another article TikTok Star Ava Majury sold $300...

Ava's parents allowed her to sell selfies of only her face to Justin, who paid $300 on Venmo before reportedly asking for explicit photos of her body.

The request prompted Rob to intervene and text Justin to request that he stop reaching out to Ava, who blocked him on all accounts.

He intervened only then? How dumb is her father? He must have been a terrible cop. He should have KNOWN what that 18 year old wanted. He is so stupid. I can't believe this one bit of the incident isn't mentioned in most articles. The fact they LET her sell pics to pervs online is what brought this to their home!

I think TikTok is a terrible platform and kids do not belong on it. Not one bit.

posted on Feb, 19 2022 @ 07:42 AM
link   
If this upsets you, wait until you find out about Hannah.

posted on Feb, 19 2022 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Archivalist
If this upsets you, wait until you find out about Hannah.

I'll bite; who's Hannah?

posted on Feb, 19 2022 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Parents making children adults, starker needed to die. Show up with a shotgun to someone’s home looking for trouble? Tough $hit, it’s one of the things I love about living in Florida, the rights to protect yourself. I’m from New York, they would be praising the criminal and condemning the victims for killing him.

posted on Feb, 19 2022 @ 08:53 AM
link   
So selling a selfie a picture of the face and usually not considered sexual. Plus the article doesn’t mention any allegation of sexual traffic for the parents so none of the material was deemed sexual in nature.

So the father killed one scum you taking issue with any of this reveals more about you then anyone mentioned in the story.
a reply to: mblahnikluver

posted on Feb, 19 2022 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Sounds like an entrapment scenerio that worked very well!

posted on Feb, 19 2022 @ 09:51 AM
link   

So, if you ask me the PARENTS invited this crap into their home by allowing their underage daughter to act like she is some grown adult on TikTok.

Same opinion here. Father of course was justified in self defense. But about the picture selling, what a nice way to teach their daughter to objectify herself for others/money! It shares parallels to parents that send their children on countless beauty contests, Disney Channel kids and similar.

Also who knows what the parents did with the pictures themselves. An investigation would be appropriate to protect the daughter from such future abuse and also her dignity, even if she came up with it herself.

posted on Feb, 19 2022 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Whatever happened to disarming wit?

Guns have scarred America.

posted on Feb, 19 2022 @ 11:19 AM
link   

edit on 60000001111America/Chicago281 by nugget1 because: nvmd

posted on Feb, 19 2022 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Archivalist

You sound like Mom and Dad now. Hear yourself? "What do you need a portable phone for?"-70s...."A computer? What would you do with a computer!?"80-s 90's

Child is Father to the Man.

We eventually become are parents. Me too....*

I'm with you...but no one will listen. On the bright side...Geritol is BoGo at Costco....

posted on Feb, 19 2022 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I agree they did it to themselves a la Stupid # Is As Stupid # Does.

Make no mistake -- it by no means erodes the right to defend yourself in your own home, it was busted into, after all.

But any expectations of sympathy & empathy is off the table. Nothing good comes from selling yourself online, especially when you're still underage & the parents are gungho.

posted on Feb, 19 2022 @ 12:07 PM
link   
We need to let kids mature at a good pace. Seems so many let their kids be adults long before they are actually adults. Even my 18 year-old in first year of college wanted to move in next year with his girlfriend and we said no, because we feel he is still a little young to keep his focus in the right direction.

posted on Feb, 19 2022 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

That's why "stars" of the old star system had agents and protection.

The net make people impervious to anything I guess???

posted on Feb, 19 2022 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I think we're victim shaming here. The stalker was sick in the head and went there to assault and kill a 15 year old girl. Dad did what he is suppose to, protect his daughter!!!

I don't understand social media society, but it's a thing with Gen Z and below. They want media fame and to make money off it. Her thing is to lip sync and dance to songs and she makes money off it. The parents want her to follow her dream. I don't see anything wrong with their choices here. they have now moved and home school her.

Also not mentioned is that the stalker was contacting her friends offering money to buy her pictures, she then said buy them from her, stop contacting friends and she sent harmless selfies. The Dad reached out and cut it out when he started wanting more explicit photos, again this stalker knows she is a minor and wanted to acquire sexual pictures of a minor. He might be able to get away with that in Liberal NY or Maryland where they bail him out and sue the victim, but got what he deserved in stand your ground Florida. One less evil person in this world!! Good riddance.

edit on 19-2-2022 by MagicTurk223 because: Changed typo of to off. Heavy drinker proned to typo's.

posted on Feb, 19 2022 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I can't believe some of the conclusions you're coming to. The facts, YES she was underage, whether she should have access to any site is debateable. I would not like my daughter do anything like that. But, aside from her age, ok she sold images of herself (sexual or not) what she DID NOT do was invite the man or insinuate to the man that she wanted contact.
It's as simple as this, you go to a store and buy breakfast cereals. Then a guy arrives on your doorstep with milk. As the same above the man assuming you want something when you don't.

posted on Feb, 19 2022 @ 01:03 PM
link   

How about lead by example? If you believe social media is so bad for your children then you shouldn’t use it either. Children base most of their life choices and actions on what they see at home by people they think love them. And if somebody that loves them and protects them can do it then it can’t be that bad is how it’s perceived.
People who think they are being treated unfairly have a tendency to rebel. I feel like a hypocrite telling my kids not to do something that is bad for them then I do it. Social media isn’t allowed in our house because I don’t see any benefit from it. I mean I don’t care what you ate, or where you went, or who you saw, seems like a personal thing to me.
Same can be applied to drinking and smoking.

posted on Feb, 20 2022 @ 09:32 AM
link   

How much $$$ was she pulling in weekly w those numbers? Her dad? Well aware.
So...how much was she making on her zillion clicks?

posted on Feb, 20 2022 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: mcsnacks77

Pretty sure based on previous conversations over time on here, that like myself, Mblah does not use social media at all. I may remember wrong, and if so, then my bad.

However, you really have no idea how many of us on here are Social Media Luddites. And similarly, that extends to the Pro-It's Just A #ing Phone Luddites.
Never assume

top topics

join