It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Police Trample An Old Lady

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2022 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
Hopefully she is OK. This should not occur.

May I ask though? Can someone explain why there are pages of posts on ATS supporting the police when they fractured the skull of 75 year old Martin Gugino in Buffalo last year during a peaceful protest for George Floyd (no riot happening, it was just declared an unlawful assembly) yet now there is outrage about treatment of this woman?

There were NO peaceful blm protests in Buffalo.

None.

Democrats were violent and destructive every single day, so please stop lying.

The guy that was injured by police in Buffalo attempted to confront and stop the progress of riot police as they were attempting to arrest violent rioters when he got bumped into and knocked down, not walking by minding his own business when trampled by horses.

So please stop lying.

CornPop says you a lyin frog.

edit on 19-2-2022 by CornPopJoey because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2022 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Charliebrowndog
a reply to: nerbot

This is exactly what I thought of when I saw her name. Coincidence or no?

There are no coincidences, just connections that are missed.

posted on Feb, 19 2022 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: CornPopJoey

The last riot in Buffalo was in 1967. That man was doing no more than that lady yesterday. There was no riot that night. It was 8pm, daylight and no violence. They wanted people to disperse, just like yesterday.

This is why we can never move forward with things. Violence against innocent protesters is wrong. It is not a partisan issue. The whole weight of protesters everywhere against this would be much more substantial.

Instead you want to pick and choose who should be attacked by police. Whatever, I've tried to get people to understand its a huge issue for anyone who wants to have their right to protest.

So much for trying to support your cause and finding common ground. You want to support the cops with attacking other peaceful protesters? Then accept it for all.

posted on Feb, 19 2022 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

Liar.

I mean about the crocodile tears you're spouting.

If NY dude mattered at all in the arena of Right & Wrong approaches, this lady's treatment should also be equally offensive.

They are not a Whataboutist segue point for you to whine about who's protest was more worthy. Grow the # up.
edit on 2/19/2022 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2022 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Smigg

Trying to find more information on this. I can't find anything about her passing away from being trampled by horses.

With that in question.

It's rather alarming the amount of violence and over reach the authorities are using in this situation. Sad to see this. Simple negotiations and dialogue and talking things out is all those people wanted.

posted on Feb, 19 2022 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Smigg

Authorities claim a bicycle was thrown at one of the horses feet in an attempt to injure it but that turned out to be lie.
“We are not aware of any protesters being trampled by horses,” a spokesman told Newsweek. “We learned that a protester fell, got up and walked away.” She died.

Link

Yeah, there was no thrown bicycle... they trampled a little old lady on a hover-round wheelchair.

image: --->

edit on 42024228am282022Sat, 19 Feb 2022 08:42:11 -0600 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2022 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: imitator

Yeah. I saw the original video and the cops basically just plowed through the crowd on their horses. It was a completely nonviolent crowd and there was no real reason other than busting it up. They just "wanted to get to the other side" apparently.

You could see the police on the ground (unmounted) looked quite ashamed as it happened and they were getting quite an earful from the Canadians at the time. Good to hear she is recovering, and the initial act was totally unacceptable/unprovoked.

posted on Feb, 19 2022 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Umm hello, hers does matter. Where do you see I said it does not? That is the whole point, violence against peaceful protesters is wrong. I've never said one matters more than the other, however there has been 2 years in which all people could rally around this issue.

My point was the surprise people are showing about this behavior from law enforcement and maybe it's a good time to put partisan beliefs aside and agree on an issue.

I'm not sure why " liar" is so often the retort around here. Just because you spout it doesn't mean it's so.

If you do not want support from others just because they may have other views that might not align with you, then ok. Act surprised about the violence. I mean strength in numbers and all that, but ok, I'll no longer offer my support and suggest you may get support from people who may have different ideas but can support this issue.

posted on Feb, 19 2022 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Trying to find more information on this. I can't find anything about her passing away from being trampled by horses.

I'm pretty sure the 'death' part was a false rumor that many people were easily willing to accept and repeat.

eta: ...which was probably started by whoever gave her the fake name.
edit on 2/19/22 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2022 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

I don't think that was her real name. I saw another name posted.

posted on Feb, 19 2022 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: imitator

Thanks for sharing. The media lying about this are without humanity.

posted on Feb, 19 2022 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell

Yeah, I'm not picking up any reality in this, at all.

Just to be clear, I'm talking about the death, the fact that people were illegally assaulted by the tax payer funded gestapo is self evident.

I haevn't seen this death confirmed yet.

posted on Feb, 19 2022 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I thought this was a BS statement from this article?

Ottawa Police clash with protesters on horseback, knocking them to ground (VIDEO)

dailyhive.com...

Increasing violence and multiple weapon seizures spurred Prime Minister Trudeau to employ the Emergencies Act in mid-February.

posted on Feb, 19 2022 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Horrible.

Look at this zero self awareness tweet by the Canadian government:

posted on Feb, 19 2022 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: CornPopJoey
A whole line of first responders, and not one of them responded first to the trampled lady, or the other two noone included in the initial report

posted on Feb, 19 2022 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Smigg
Roberta Paulsen was trampled to death by one of the horses used by the police.
Authorities claim a bicycle was thrown at one of the horses feet in an attempt to injure it but that turned out to be lie.
“We are not aware of any protesters being trampled by horses,” a spokesman told Newsweek. “We learned that a protester fell, got up and walked away.” She died.

Link

Oh my.. I thought she was injured. I wonder what her family will do?

posted on Feb, 19 2022 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrokenCircles

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
What was an old woman with a walker doing in the middle of all that chaos?

With all those police, all in swat gear. All those people, an old woman WITH A WALKER decided it was a good idea to be RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE. Hmmmmm?

Since it's Canada, she might have been under the assumption that the Police weren't there to start violence.

JUSTIN Trudeau has shown his true identity this month. It's been obvious for awhile that he's mentally unstable. (How many of you have worn "blackface" in order to have a good time?)
edit on Sat Feb 19 2022 by DontTreadOnMe because: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

posted on Feb, 19 2022 @ 05:57 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for POLITE political debate will be enforced.
Members must also Stay on Topic!!!
Trolling, And What To Do About It

Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Feb, 19 2022 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Someone posted a link to her niece's Facebook page. She broke her clavicle whether from the fall or the horse it didn't say. My Mom and oldest child both broke theirs in a fall, so it might be common from a fall. I think the horse would have been much more damage.

Glad she's ok.

Twitter

I linked to the Twitter post, I don't have Facebook.

posted on Feb, 19 2022 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Rubber bullets and tear gas now..f'ing disgraceful.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join