It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another multinational gets rid of Solvol an Australian icon.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Yesterday it was announced that an icon many many Australians have used over the last 105 years has been dumped by the WD40 company.

This was the best pumice soap, especially after working on greasy dirty cars to get all day and get the inground dirt off your skin.

The excuse by WD40 company was it’s too hard to make due to manufacturing difficulties.

WD40 bought Solvol over 20 years ago and realised recently that it’s too hard to manufacture.

They probably realised we don’t make enough profit off this soap, let’s dump it.

Their only line is liquid pumice soap, it’s crap aweful, doesn’t hold a bar (pun intended) to the soap bar.

Will never buy their liquid soap again. And I won’t pay stupid eBay prices for some.

www.beaudeserttimes.com.au...

edit on 15-2-2022 by robsmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Watch someone else fill the niche. (I hope!)

Have to think of a new name.

Must be politically incorrect to ensure lots of free advertising.

I give you ... AUSSIE MEN"S BAR

What else can we lose?

P

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Lol, how about crushed rock men’s bar!

I hope if they do it will be as good.

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

What else can we lose?

P

True Grit Hardbar?

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Lol love it, that’s the one.

Maybe the Tagline, “do you really want to look like Jeff bridges, clean up with True Grit hard bar”

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 04:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

What else can we lose?

P

Just a little dab'll do ya !!

Worked on a chick I met once... well almost... "Why that's not a bar of soap..." "And that ain't the tap, neither!!" hyuk..

edit on 15-2-2022 by jerich0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

I like you when we're not about politics

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: robsmith

...This was the best pumice soap, especially after working on greasy dirty cars to get all day and get the inground dirt off your skin.

Dish washing liquid with sugar works wonders for grease and oil,

Man, that's a throw-back, I'd actually completely forgotten about that stuff, but in fairness it's been many years since I've tinkered with any bikes.

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Straight forward cooking oil (sunflower for example) works perfectly

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Not for motor oil and similar grease you need something abrasive like sand in it, too. I use a similar abrasive soap like Solvol, simply vegetable oil or cooking oil might work for kitchen and household, but it's not a replacement for soap bars like Solvol that is used in barns, shops and industrial places.

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain
Beg to differ, get's motor oil off my hands no bother. Oil + oil mix together. Once massaged in well, wash off with standard soap and water. If there are bits left, just repeat.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I agree if it is simply fresh oil from the bottle, not when it's old, greased up with dirt and other ingress. I know because I tried when I ran out of the stuff, I use a slightly more fluid paste because it's commerical use and I can not just have a soap stone, so it's a dispenser.... the company that comes and changes the towel rolls and soap / creme / hardpaste (what we talk about) was missing some schedules during lockdown and COVID. So I had the same idea, oil and oil, got the good olive oil from the kitchen. The results were not good, the normal soap did better even.

That's why normally I wear gloves when I work in the shop, on cars. But sometimes there's no feeling with gloves. Trust me on this one, you are invited to join working an hour with me anytime and see the results cooking oil gives you for yourself

I make good espresso and coffee and a good Sicilian focused bakery is not too far.

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
Beg to differ, get's motor oil off my hands no bother. Oil + oil mix together. Once massaged in well, wash off with standard soap and water. If there are bits left, just repeat.
Rainbows
Jane

Dirty grease from car engines etc, although oil based, contains more than just oil. It has oxidised micro-particles of dust and dirt, bound to burnt oil long carbon chains which can actually bind chemically to human skin (which is also made of carbon). Oil alone can't cut it. You need degreasers with a strong hydrophilic affinity to allow the water to do its solubility thing, and something with sufficient mechanical strength to break the Van Der Waals and weaker ionic bonds (the abrasive component).

edit on 15/2/2022 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Thank you for the invite

Olive oil wont cut it, too thick.
But I agree, when you have all the old sh**y stuff from an engine then you do need something more abrasive so you could add sugar to the oil. Anyhoo, if I was getting into the serious muck, I'd be sending my beloved Jag to her personal doctor

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Sugar or salt is a good idea, I used water + dirt for makeshift rubbing off the heavy gunk before, too.

Hey btw.. check out that one thread of yours where you found that little bubble on feet of COVID patients. You were kind of asking what it could be... and I think you were one of the first to recognize the lymphatic knots swelling up, just you didn't knew at the time.

There are a lot of studies now that hint on a connection and the place, if I did not misinterpret your pointing and description, would be a lymphatic knot. That might help you figure out even better massage techniques and maybe include lymphage draining and see what it does

posted on Feb, 16 2022 @ 02:28 AM
link   

I used to use clothe washing powder, it’s goid though stings if you have any cuts...yeow

posted on Feb, 16 2022 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: robsmith
It's just as awful on the skin as brake cleaner haha.

posted on Feb, 16 2022 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I do MLD (manual lymphatic drainage massage)..... except any massage is contraindicated with clots. So far, I'm not massaging anyone who has had the Jabberwocky.
The 'sleeping policeman' as I call it on the right foot only is just off the lymphatics. Even if it was close enough, never ever seen it in 30 years practice when clients have had other viral infections.... hence my leaning more to the 'spliced' HIV. There are no lymph nodes in that area of the feet btw, so not a lymphatic 'knot'.
What studies are you referring to regarding the same spot please? I haven't seen any and would be interested in seeing them.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 16 2022 @ 11:43 AM
link   

On a jump, I dig it out for you tomorrow, I made a post somewhere with about ten studies that all show what you must have noticed very early (if this is a lymphatic knot and I am not mistaken).

posted on Feb, 16 2022 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Thank you, I'd very much appreciate that.
Rainbows
Jane

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join