It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For fun take the Japanese drivers license written test

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Here you have it. 72 questions. Have fun taking it. It will take a bit of your time, but you can take 3 parts of it separately.

traffic-rules.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I got 67 out of 72 . How many can you missto fail?

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

What's the difference between;

Begin of a speed limit

and

Begin of a zone with a speed limit.

Same thing isn't it?

Q21

ETA: 67 too. Worn brake symbol got me, never seen that one.
edit on 12 2 2022 by myselfaswell because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
I got 67 out of 72 . How many can you missto fail?

Actually when you go to the Driving Test center, there you take the test. Its either in Japanese or English . The actual test only consist of 10 questions though. This trial test that is posted are the questions one must know to really be able to answer the 10 questions. Also, the driving behind the wheel test is done after one passes the written test.
I believe one must get all 10 correct to pass the written test, at least it was when I last took it. Its fairly tricky though, but if one eliminates the most likely not to fit, guessing should do it.
67 out 72 is not bad if you are taking it and not in Japan with no study resources.
Congrats on a good score.

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 07:15 PM
link   

I fell for the blue roundabout sign, I was not reading correctly and clicked too fast.

I accidently selected "Turning around prohibited (u turn)" because I read "turn around" and thought it's synonym to like roundabout, stopped reading and clicked. Duh, could have avoided this mistake.

So did I pass?
edit on 12.2.2022 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell

What's the difference between;

Begin of a speed limit

and

Begin of a zone with a speed limit.

Same thing isn't it?

Q21

I'll get back with you on this one. Most likely it has to do with school zoning speed limit, but I have to go back and look at the question. Good catch there.

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain

I fell for the blue roundabout sign, I was not reading correctly and clicked too fast.

I accidently selected "Turning around prohibited (u turn)" because I read "turn around" and thought it's synonym to like roundabout, stopped reading and clicked. Duh, could have avoided this mistake.

So did I pass?

So you got 71 out of 72 ?
If you got 9 out of 10 at the testing center, I believe you would have failed the test. There is a chance that the rules have been changed since I last took it, but I recall 10 out of 10 is passing.

Yes, the actual test of 10 is fairly tricky.

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Yes! And I fell for a dumb reading hesitation click. Wanted to include a new screenshot because I saw the question is 2nd to top displayed but tab is gone / closed and when I clicked restore last closed tab the test was reset.

I almost fell for one sign and admit I walked to the window to compare it to what I see on the screen. I was not sure about the white ring around a prohibited sign, if it has anything to say for Japanese.

But German and Japanese signs are very similar, had to wing it a few times and I of course know all the car status symbols because I am motor vehicle mechanic (master)

Unfair, I take myself out of the competition.

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Yes! And I fell for a dumb reading hesitation click. Wanted to include a new screenshot because I saw the question is 2nd to top displayed but tab is gone / closed and when I clicked restore last closed tab the test was reset.

I almost fell for one sign and admit I walked to the window to compare it to what I see on the screen. I was not sure about the white ring around a prohibited sign, if it has anything to say for Japanese.

But German and Japanese signs are very similar, had to wing it a few times and I of course know all the car status symbols because I am motor vehicle mechanic (master)

Unfair, I take myself out of the competition.

No way, keep yourself in the competition, my good friend. Glad you enjoyed taking the test.

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 07:31 PM
link   
What I found funny was that I take a Japanese test in English on a German computer lol.

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 07:42 PM
link   

What I found funny was that I take a Japanese test in English on a German computer lol.

Now that's cool.

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell
If you see a red bordered circle with white background and just the number, nothing else, then it is "Begin of a speed limit".

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 07:48 PM
link   

a reply to: myselfaswell
If you see a red bordered circle with white background and just the number, nothing else, then it is "Begin of a speed limit".

This is something new since the last time I took the written test. Thanks for posting it.

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Now that I did the test...

When I see this sign, my heart beats faster, can you tell me what it is?

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Now that I did the test...

When I see this sign, my heart beats faster, can you tell me what it is?

You are in Germany, right? Are not them the signs you have on the Auto Bahn ?

Hey man, I wouldn't obey that sign going down hill on my bike with a 10% grade. LOL

Means end of speed limit. But to be honest with you, I have yet to see one of them signs in Japan. Maybe they have them up in Hokkaido ? Don't know.

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 08:09 PM
link   

"All speed restriction nullified, motor vehicles may drive at their maximum capable speed"

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 08:11 PM
link   

"All speed restriction nullified, motor vehicles may drive at their maximum capable speed"

Yes, that is why I posted about the 10% grade going downhill. LOL

How fast does your car go on the Auto Bahn?

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Ah okay that went over my head.

In my current one it's restricted to 260km/h, many cars here are but it's not a big deal to disable it with the correct interface and software. Just have to check it with insurance and warranty issue for maximum capable speed (Vmax) and change the car papers. Also need tires that are capable of that speed of course.

Fastest was +355km/h.

edit on 12.2.2022 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: tire speed restriction is important

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Ah okay that went over my head.

In my current one it's restricted to 260km/h, many cars here are but it's not a big deal to disable it with the correct interface and software. Just have to check it with insurance and warranty issue for maximum capable speed (Vmax) and change the car papers. Also need tires that are capable of that speed of course.

Fastest was +355km/h.

Man, now that is fast. And I'm called " turtle speed cyclist ".

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 08:57 PM
link   

It is but remember, we are used to higher speeds. If you drive like 260km/h -when the traffic allows it- for longer times you get used to it simply. Sure you make lot's of distance and need to watch out far ahead, have good reaction and confidence in the brakes.

Even at that speed chances are high you get high beams from behind soon if you not swerve back to the right as soon as possible. Because someone is even faster guaranteed if you are long enough on the autobahn. You then have to make room and let that one pass.

When you exit the autobahn and need to adhere to the 70km/h and later 100km/h max after some distance to the ramps, especially inside towns 50km/h max or even 30km/h, you feel like creeping along and almost standing still. It also takes time to cool down and the eyes and brain to readjust to the slower speed. Your reaction however is still fast.

<<   2 >>

join