It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange "graveyard" looking place north of Johannesburg Africa

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Strange graveyard looking place north of Johannesburg Africa.

Looks like it started small, and suddenly grew big.. do not know what it is, but it looks suppisios and like graves.
There is a truck seen nearby in some of the pictures.

And there are some spooky looking houses nearby, right out of "the hills have eyes" and "wrong turn"
Posting pictures of the nearest buildings to the place in the bottom

Coordinates in google earth pro is :
25°53'43.12"S 27°52'15.61"E

what ya think.

Nearest neighbors:

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 02:31 PM
link   
we have family plots in the middle of farm fields here. Long ago, folks buried their dead on their land. Then the land was sold to others. Now when there is a plot somewhere, even if you buy the land, you must maintain the plot and ensure access should any family wish to pay respects.

I don't have a link for that, but a friend was going to buy some land recently, and didn't because of that aspect of it.

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Gotta, I guess things work kind of different in Afrika, I would guess it was the local government that should maintain public places like graveyards.

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

My knowledge of such matters ends at Spiveys Corner.

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Some 1000feet North Northwest there is even a ufo

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

You okay buddy ?

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 05:06 PM
link   

I'm fine. Thanks

Whats that white dot North of that mistery grave yard?

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Makes you wonder what the world is coming to when inbred cereal killers cant hide their victim graveyards in the middle of nowhere anymore.

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 06:37 PM
link   

South Africa has had droughts like many places, sometimes settlements were abandoned or else through better jobs and opportunity's in other places the people left, sometimes the town went back to farmland if it was arable and a farmer had access to it and even reusing any material there may have happened, this may once have had a small chapel or church nearby that is now long gone but perhaps the farmer maintains the graveyard out of respect or else just avoids it for the same reason.

Could also be a burial site from the boar war or perhaps a massacre during the Zulu wars though I have no idea if either of these touched that area and south Africa is a reasonably big country with a lot of territory.

Either way if these are graves God rest there souls and I hope they have peace where ever they are now.

Bottom image looks like a walled settlement (one swimming pool as well) nine houses and a cut grass so probably a Boar descended community and likely heavily armed given the state of law and order and the rampant murder of white South Africans hence the wall's and banding together into a small community perhaps nine separate farmers and there family's whom were neighbours and originally lived more apart with a bit of a siege mentality, the other looks like a more run of the mill South African farm but a bit more dilapidated and older and possible farm worker accommodation.

edit on 7-2-2022 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 07:55 PM
link   

The "plots" look awful large compared to the truck in the 2018 shots. Does nobody look for stuff like that for relatable size comparison?

Furthermore, if they were graves, why dig up coffins like that? Unless it's archaeologists in the field (and is possible, I guess) then it's not a graveyard

The rectangular blocks (coffins/plots) uncovered resemble hewn areas of stone, so I'm guessing this is a quarry someone found or had & put into rudimentary use. Probably just some landowner making a deal somewhere, IMO.

join