It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leonid Ivashov (Head of All-Russian Officers' Assembly) open letter to Putin

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Has Russia mustered a large force on Ukraine's border or not? If they have then yes as a proven fact... Are you saying there is no Russian military on the border?

Then I'm waiting for proof.

Although I don't quite understand "large force" is how much in quantitative terms?

By the way, the length of the border between Russia and Ukraine is approximately 2200 kilometers.

posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2
I heard they have some nice tea's that end with olonium.

posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

someone is going missing soon.

but im glad to see that cooler head are seeming to prevail

posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
Sorry, the the United States is THE world superpower.

Let's get that straight right off.

a reply to: nugget1

Statements like this are why some people want America to get its ass kicked.

posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Maybe this is all part of the events that lead to the awakening. It is said that there is a scare event necessary, and this could be a run up to that.

posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: turretless

Although I don't quite understand "large force" is how much in quantitative terms?

By the way, the length of the border between Russia and Ukraine is approximately 2200 kilometers.

I thought you had the proof to give...

Danilov said there is about 120k near them and another 130k within 400 kilometers. Also why would Ukraine be any different than Crimea to Russia?

edit on 6-2-2022 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer

I’m sure that, as a general, he is talking to other generals and all the junior officers, so this probably represents more than just one man’s opinion. I can certainly believe that a lot of Russian troops might view this as more like a civil war and are not too keen on slaughtering their fellow countrymen.

Turning to the western media will do nothing to de-escalate. The West is not threatening to send troops and tanks into Ukraine, Putin is. Putin is the only one who can decide to do that or not.

This man has been retired for over 20 years.

His "All-Russian Officers' Assembly" is not registered as a legal entity. There is only a website and nothing else.

You too can create a website of the Intergalactic Milk and Meat Production Assembly with your neighbors over a glass of whiskey. And you can write on your website an appeal to the UN Secretary General on behalf of a hundred trillion inhabitants of the five nearest galaxies.

This man's statements are picked up by Russian liberal media and Western media. So this is probably just a point designed to create informational occasions for the Western media.

About de-escalation. Ask the Western media a question: in what speech did Putin threaten Ukraine that he would attack it?

You're on to something here. Apart from outdated credentials and practically non existent clout, this man is trying to appeal to Putin's sensibilities with a message that only outlines the incredibly obvious, but the actual purpose is a public appeal that exhibits not blood lust and rabid nationalism but common values every person around the globe can relate to. "We're not enemies" is the gist and what he wants mankind as a whole to reflect on.

posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Sounds like a bunch of Russian Officers are going to get a chicken diner, cup of tea, or a vodkatini with some special seasoning, special sugar, or special vermouth added.

posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: turretless

This seems like propaganda i had seen on Syria.

posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Has Russia mustered a large force on Ukraine's border or not? If they have then yes as a proven fact... Are you saying there is no Russian military on the border?

I am still waiting for proof that there are Russian forces at the border this letter seems propaganda by western journalists.

posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 02:55 PM
link   

So what does this statement "extremely discriminatory policy against Russians on its territory" mean?

First, what do you think of this law?

On ensuring the functioning of the Ukrainian language as the state language - zakon.rada.gov.ua...

posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

Russian national animal is bear isn´t it, well it is winter and seems that "Russian bears" are hibernating and don´t see what is there on the border, maybe someday they "wake up".

posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Putin also said the worst thing to happen in the last 100 years was not the wars, but the breakup of Russia, so do you deny he doesn't want it all back?

Putin could not say this because the breakup of Russia has not happened yet.

posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 02:57 PM
link   

a reply to: putnam6

"All-Russian Officers' Assembly" - site ooc.su...

Thanks it's a pretty cool site, so these are indeed retired military here is the about us

Goals and objectives of the "All-Russian Officers' Assembly"

Veterans and current employees of the Armed Forces, law enforcement agencies and law enforcement agencies, who do not agree with the official interpretation of the state of the Armed Forces and Russia and its other law enforcement agencies, presented by the official "All-Russian Officers' Meetings and Meetings", in 2003 created an independent from government officials and the current " leadership" of the Russian Federation a platform for discussing the real state of our Armed Forces - the " All-Russian Officers' Assembly " (" OOS ").

The purpose of the " OOS " is to discuss the role and place of the Russian officer corps in the revival and development of the country, to create conditions for the real influence of the officer corps on the positive development of Russia.

To achieve this goal, the OOS sets itself the following tasks:

- to create conditions for discussing the main problems of Russia's development and ways to resolve them;

- to consolidate the activities of the military-veteran public associations (VVOO) of Russia to turn from the current degradation of all aspects of the country's life to their Development of Russia ;

- to unite the healthy forces of Russia, concerned about its fate, the living conditions of our children and grandchildren in it;

— discussion and formation of the Image of the future Russia on the basis of its civilizational values, traditions and cultures of the peoples living on the territory of Russia;

- determination of ways to build the life of Russia in accordance with the agreed "Image of its future".

The specific tasks of the officer corps are specified by the Decisions of the "OOS".

posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Danilov said there is about 120k near them and another 130k within 400 kilometers. Also why would Ukraine be any different than Crimea to Russia?

"Danilov said..." - this is excellent proof!

posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 03:01 PM
link   

First, what do you think of this law?

On ensuring the functioning of the Ukrainian language as the state language - zakon.rada.gov.ua...

I have no opinion on it as 100 other countries have done the same. They made a state language, they didn't outlaw others...

posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 03:01 PM
link   

"Danilov said..." - this is excellent proof!

So I asked you... Do they have the troops there or not? You have not answered me.

posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

You're on to something here. Apart from outdated credentials and practically non existent clout, this man is trying to appeal to Putin's sensibilities with a message that only outlines the incredibly obvious, but the actual purpose is a public appeal that exhibits not blood lust and rabid nationalism but common values every person around the globe can relate to. "We're not enemies" is the gist and what he wants mankind as a whole to reflect on.

In your opinion, this person is better informed than Putin and understands better than him what the dangers for Russia are?

By the way, Putin has always offered the West peace and mutual respect (I'm telling you in case you don't know this).

posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Putin could not say this because the breakup of Russia has not happened yet.

USSR... You know what I mean, and you know what Putin said, and you know what Putin did in Crimea.

Don't be so flippant...

posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92

This seems like propaganda i had seen on Syria.

I don't understand what you mean by propaganda on Syria?

What events are you talking about?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join